The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Rams Investment Ltd is nothing to do with MSD. It was the Company used by Gabay when he was apparently lending Mel money. The charges have been satisfied and are no longer of import.

THINK all of the debt of MSD is in the Football Club, because it would be a lot easier to facilitate and administer one facility rather than 2. There needs to also be a very clear arms length arrangement between the Football Club and Gellaw 202 & 204 to keep the EFL and Gibson from indicating that rather than the Stadium being sold to separate third party back in 2019 it was effectively an inter-group sham. That would be hugely problematic. That is why I THINK also that the MSD charges on Gellaw 202 & 204 are taken to support a guarantee given to MSD by Morris. So if the Football Club fails to pay its debt to MSD, they can go after Morris, and have third party security to fall back on (appoint a Receiver for the stadium). There MAY also be commercial benefit implications as to how the security has been arranged. I am not going into that though, because we will then be down another rabbit hole.

Lets leave it here Pete. I left a commercial lending environment 15 years ago, and my knowledge is not as good as it once was, and notwithstanding lots of things may have changed in the last 15 years.

I appreciate your knowledge on this iram, but I find your following comment unlikely

"Rams Investment Ltd is nothing to do with MSD. [agreed]  It was the Company used by Gabay when he was apparently lending Mel money. [agreed]The charges have been satisfied [agreed] and are no longer of import [definitely not agreed]."

If the charges were satisfied in 2020 (tided up much later I believe but as you will know from your experience sometimes Land Registry paperwork follows as an afterthought), where do you think Mel got the money to do this, if not from MSD? Against a background of COVID and an unravelling financial position? I mean it's only guesswork on my part it's true but isn't it the most likely explanation? 

1 hour ago, Retro_RAM said:

Possible but at present what is the stadium without the football team?

It's the Darlington Arena, that's what! Remember that ludicrous vanity project by the former owner of Darlington FC? Reynolds built a 27,000 seater stadium about 20 years ago that effectively caused the liquidation of the football club.

About a decade after it was built, it got bought by a local lower-league rugby union club - Mowden Park - for £2m.

Capacity is now 25,500 but the rugby team play in front of a few hundred each week.

Ironically, Darlington FC (the phoenix club that started after the old one went bust) now play their games at Darlington Rugby club!

Apologies if this has been covered before and if I have this wrong.

If Ashley bought the stadium from Mel for say 20 million, could he then mortgage the stadium for the full market value? 

Assuming he then put the money generated from that mortgage into the club would this then help with FFP and giving room for Wayne Rooney (or Rafa ?) to build a team?

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Presumably MSD loans Mel's company £20m secured against the stadium, which Mel's company then loans/lends/forwards/whatever to the club.  So the club owes Mel's company £20m, and they owe the same £20m to MSD.

If you look at the club statement of affairs, it does not show a receivable from Gellaw 202. The only large receivable owing to the club is from the Academy 

The club itself owes MSD 20. I don’t think we know what if anything G202 owes MSD 

202 has guaranteed the 20m that the club owes to MSD. Maybe all other debt in 202 has been refinanced by MM? This could explain why MM wants more than 20m of the sale proceeds to be apportioned to the stadium ... 

11 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

It's the Darlington Arena, that's what! Remember that ludicrous vanity project by the former owner of Darlington FC? Reynolds built a 27,000 seater stadium about 20 years ago that effectively caused the liquidation of the football club.

Aye, it was Reynolds that held their Feethams to the fire.....?

IGMC

55 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There's some folk on here that believe Percy, Maguire and Nixon are being fed information by the Administrators, When acctually they're getting the info from social media or the fairies...you couldn't make this up...erm yes you can?

They just stitch a story together based on rumours, it isn’t news.

1 hour ago, Retro_RAM said:

Possible but at present what is the stadium without the football team? I actually hope in the future we do utilise the potential revenue the stadium could generate a bit more.

Bring the stadium bands back, it's been 15 years since Red Hot Chili Peppers played there, would love to see a return to this along side the football of course.

Zach Parker is potentially fighting Andrade on April 23rd at Pride Park.