The Administration Thread

Boycie

56 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Very close to it with just Davies Forsyth and Kazim staying.:

???
???   Davies   Cashin   Forsyth
Bird   Bielik   LThompson
Sibley   Kazim   Knight

That's a quality side for the Championship, never mind league 1. I'd like to see Kazim and Cybulski up front together. I might have a sneaky bet on Cybulski being Derby's top scorer if he starts early season.

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I know from your posts that you’ve seen a lot more of the U23s than I have. 

Do you think a strike force of CKR, Cybulski and Stretton would be up to a league 1 campaign?

Obviously we’d ideally strengthen that position, but GK and defence may need attention/resources too.

Thought Byrne was staying ?

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can't find any of these updates on companies house - the £59m must relate to the bid/funding of the club though? 

See under Gellaw Newco 202.

There is a figure of £81m in the accounts, then the £59m, something about non cash, maybe the cash is the difference, ie, £22m paid for PP

56 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I know from your posts that you’ve seen a lot more of the U23s than I have. 

Do you think a strike force of CKR, Cybulski and Stretton would be up to a league 1 campaign?

Obviously we’d ideally strengthen that position, but GK and defence may need attention/resources too.

I'm expecting a first choice CF to have been lined up.

8 minutes ago, curb said:

They’ll be that gutted we’ve been saved, what they going to talk about now?

It’s not like anything interesting ever happens at Bristol City.

Yes indeed there will be nothing for them to do in the 6th form common room, but to carry on studying for GCSE book keeping and to carry on with their circle jerque. 

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Yes indeed there will be nothing for them to do in the 6th form common room, but to carry on studying for GCSE book keeping and to carry on with their circle jerque. 

Without being finicky if they were in the 6th form common room wouldn't they be studying A-Level book keeping?

15 minutes ago, curb said:

They’ll be that gutted we’ve been saved, what they going to talk about now?

It’s not like anything interesting ever happens at Bristol City.

I think the last exciting thing to happen in Bristol was the launch of the SS Great Britain in 1843. Not much happened since 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A harsh wage restriction of 50% would still put us 4th in the wage table in 18/19. I'll be surprised if the restrictions aren't the same as normal clubs getting relegated from the Championship - 75%. Even a conservative guess at a normal L1 limit of 60% would out us higher than Charlton.

image.png.20a00d7ba3318af47e241f97bf4c22ca.png

I found this from a Bristol Rovers programme in 1985 & even then we were described as the main attraction

I'm looking forward to next season even if it gets a bit bumpy

1656341344327.1.jpg

Shows what a state football was in back in the 80s when 10K was seen as a big gate in the 3rd Tier. We averaged 12,400 for the season. For reference, Forest averaged only 16,800 finishing 8th in Div.1, Stoke averaged a pathetic 8,300 finishing 10th in Div.2 and Reading, who won the Div.3 title that season averaged 6,900.