The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Someone of twitter claims Ashley is talking to Clowes.

Makes some sense if Clowes is as reluctant as has been sggested.

Umm doubt if Ashley would visit in person. Can you imagine ..Mr Clowes we have a man in reception saying he would like to buy a club with you……bring him in Doris…..hello Mike fancy a cuppa…..tosh. If it happened it would not be in Clowes, it would be well away from anyone and they both know how to keep quiet 

naaa click bait 

59 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

It says that Rosenior will take charge with Jake Buxton assisting him.

"League chiefs will demand Derby start the season with kids if that is what it takes"

WTF does that mean? Of course Derby will start the season, but as far as I am aware we have finance now in place to allow contracts to be renewed and free agents to be signed.. are "League chiefs" going to stop us doing that and make us play kids instead?  

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

"League chiefs will demand Derby start the season with kids if that is what it takes"

WTF does that mean? Of course Derby will start the season, but as far as I am aware we have finance now in place to allow contracts to be renewed and free agents to be signed.. are "League chiefs" going to stop us doing that and make us play kids instead?  

I think it just means if we don't sign anyone we'll play the season regardless.

I don't think it'll be that extreme.

1 hour ago, Kuskus said:

Nixon claiming it's only 5 professional players now. I'll assume he's classing only senior first team players (excluding Cybulski and other U23s), but it suggests he think Byrne and Buchanan's contracts haven't been extended after all.

29 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Assuming the Embargo on signings stands until the bid is officially accepted and the EFL signs off on the business plan?

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Umm doubt if Ashley would visit in person. Can you imagine ..Mr Clowes we have a man in reception saying he would like to buy a club with you……bring him in Doris…..hello Mike fancy a cuppa…..tosh. If it happened it would not be in Clowes, it would be well away from anyone and they both know how to keep quiet 

naaa click bait 

Ashley has buildings. Clowes company looks after buildings and builds more. If they met he later says could be weeks ago could be about buildings!

52 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I did hear at the beginning of last week that the EFL told the club that they can’t sign anyone new until it’s all sorted and to play the kids - I did post that as well 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

We're not in a position to sign anyone yet. If the takeover isn't finalised or the promised financing doesn't appear we will just have to play kids.

I hate the EFL as much as the next man, but put your pitchfork down in this instance. They're just saying we'll have to play the kids if we're still in no position to sign anyone.

Imagine until a takeover is completed we can't sign anyone. Wasn't getting finance in place purely to show that we could complete the season. Who would sign them anyway, the administrators won't and Rosenior is only taking interim charge for training etc. 

Calm down, it’s the sun ?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think it just means if we don't sign anyone we'll play the season regardless.

I don't think it'll be that extreme.

Any ideas on likely timescales to completion of the takeover so that the agreed EFL business plan comes into play?

49 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I did hear at the beginning of last week that the EFL told the club that they can’t sign anyone new until it’s all sorted and to play the kids - I did post that as well 

EFL hotline to Sparkle…….over ?

2 hours ago, Kuskus said:

"League chiefs will demand Derby start the season with kids if that is what it takes.

And Rosenior will step into the unknown when he takes charge of their depleted squad tomorrow.

The remnants of the Rams’ playing staff are due back to their Moor Farm training ground — with just FIVE registered senior pros still at the club...

Former Fulham and Hull star Rosenior, 37, will be assisted by first-team coach Jake Buxton."

Where's Justin Walker gone?

Edited by RoyMac5