The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, CaptainOx said:

So sorry to hear about your loss. 

This post doesn't half sum up how important football clubs are to the cities and towns of this country, the local and regional communities that invest their hard earned cash for what in the main is the very odd moment of celebration.

People who don't like football will never be able to understand the emotion that is wrapped up within the love of a football club and it is so much more than a game. It is a way of life, a chance to move focus from the grinds of daily life, a chance to spend time with family and friends cheering on your team. To have that close to being taken away is really tough, and I've experienced that a couple of times with OUFC.

And yes, football will kick you in the b@lls more often than not, but it is all so worth it for those stoppage time winners, those local derby 3 points and the moments you can share with 1000s of your fellow supporters.

This 100%, a great summary. Apart from the privileged few at the top table, football for most of us is not about glory seeking, it's about a connection with your team and community (the huge march showed us that) and as you say, a distraction from the daily grind, a chance to lose yourself in a game for a bit. It's fickle, it will let you down (god knows we've had some sickening moments in playoff finals!) but it'll have you in tears of joy, whether that's actually achieving/winning something or just bouncing around after a scratch team of kids and what looks like their dads grabs a 93rd minute equaliser at Accrington that flies in off someone's arse.

After the last couple of years lets hope that we can all keep the current levels of perspective. League 1 can be a 'mare to get out of and there is are so many teams that get becalmed down here whose fans were no doubt all sure that they'd bounce straight back. We need a team before we can worry about how they will fare. We're still under restrictions so although there may be a few signings I reckon that initially we'll see a bunch of loans to try to tide us over and fill in the obvious gaping holes in the squad and maybe a few tweaks in the January but the team is going to be what it is and much more to do next summer. Even if we get a decent number of players in it will be a largely new team, much of which has not played together competitively. Patience and unswerving support is what's required. It was a genuine privilege to see our fans siege mentality last year after all the deduction but this year will need a different sort of vibe.

Derby County means so much to so many of us and you don't realise the affect of bad news after bad news has on you. You get on with it with a stiff upper lip and all that but reading the statement today certainly brought emotion out of me I hadn't fully comprehended was there until now. A sincere thank you to David Clowes and his Team. Better days ahead.

On 19/06/2022 at 21:33, hintonsboots said:

Well I’m going to look on the bright side. This week Q will announce a bid has been accepted which avoids a 15 point penalty. The buyer will pay a deposit to cover funding until the deal is completed. Everything will fall into place, squad rebuilding, Wazza and LR back at Moor Farm.

7263B7D5-E2B9-4F66-9D24-69B28A000034.gif

13 minutes ago, alram said:

those that write this guy off because 'mel was a fan too' are so way off the mark

mel was a shocking person and businessman, doesnt matter if you are life long fan or not. he had no empathy and was in it for himself and himself alone.

this guy on paper is the dream owner and look at how he is moving this so quickly now. that is professionaism. at our time of need with the stadium he was there, and he is there again now when the club was in need. no bullcrap like the other parties, just straight to the point and do the deal.

the future for the first time in 3 years is looking bright. thank you mr clowes. i am sure it will be a learning experience for him but he deserves our patience and loyalty.

Exactly, Mel was being chauffeured around even before he got into Candy Crush, such is the man's ego. I know people who know Mel and they say he has just "been lucky".

Don't forget Lionel Pickering was also a fan.

Gut feeling is that David Clowes is a genuine guy with no ego. I could be wrong – there’s always a first time. ?

2 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Exactly, Mel was being chauffeured around even before he got into Candy Crush, such is the man's ego. I know people who know Mel and they say he has just "been lucky".

Don't forget Lionel Pickering was also a fan.

Gut feeling is that David Clowes is a genuine guy with no ego. I could be wrong – there’s always a first time. ?

i dont care if there is some ego.

just do whats best for derby. judging by his actions in our time of need that is likely the case.

mel never did.

41 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Mostyn, you’ve inspired me to quote Shakespeare’s Henry V
??❤️

We few, we happy few,

we happy band of brothers

for he today that shares his Bass with me

shall be my brother. 

Perhaps they should quote this bit to the would-be contract dodgers.. ?

That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made
And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
We would not die in that man’s company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.

33 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

DC is a proper businessman, not someone who invested and got their lucky break. I can see him as someone who steps in, stabilises the club for a season or 2 and sell on. Or another possible is he buys it and sell half as a joint venture with another bidder and slowly over time sells his shares. 

I agree - and once it's out of admin and all the legal elements associated with that go away then selling all or part of the business becomes a far more straightforward process...