The Administration Thread

Boycie

I know nothing about Clowes and have no inside information.

My gut instinct tells me that Clowes, if he rescues the club, is doing so out of love and duty for the club, and not to massage his own ego or reputation. 

I can get on board with him being a reluctant owner, a bit like someone becoming carer for a poorly relative and if it goes through and he owns the club, I hope sincerely that the toxic element of our 'fan' base either stay away or grow up.

I very much doubt the EFL would allow us to anyway, but I also instinctively feel that this is more about saving the club than splashing out on players and chasing a dream.

The club/team COULD find inspiration from any feel good factor from the terraces, so I hope that the fans give it.

3 minutes ago, Ramos said:

As he is a fan of the club (but this applies to all teams) he will know how fickle football fans are and I don’t think the social media mob will have any real impact on owners.  

Speculating here,  I think he has stepped up his bid to save the club rather than just buy the stadium (which is a done deal apparently) because I imagine he like everyone else is frustrated at this process and probably has the means to save us and run us for a while so he’s gone for it. Either way we should all get behind our new saviour and buy a clowes developed warehouse each. 

May well be true, I think most of us would have brought the club and ground if we had won that Euro lottery of £180 million a few weeks back but we would have needed to get divorced first which would have delayed our takeovers ?

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

As he is a fan of the club (but this applies to all teams) he will know how fickle football fans are and I don’t think the social media mob will have any real impact on owners.  

Speculating here,  I think he has stepped up his bid to save the club rather than just buy the stadium (which is a done deal apparently) because I imagine he like everyone else is frustrated at this process and probably has the means to save us and run us for a while so he’s gone for it. Either way we should all get behind our new saviour and buy a clowes developed warehouse each. 

Cheesy puns aside, having already agreed to buy the stadium I was always thought he would be in pole position to close the deal to do save us. So the time spent with CK was not all wasted, as I had said.  Whether he wants to partner with someone else long term well that's up to him. 

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I know nothing about Clowes and have no inside information.

My gut instinct tells me that Clowes, if he rescues the club, is doing so out of love and duty for the club, and not to massage his own ego or reputation. 

I can get on board with him being a reluctant owner, a bit like someone becoming carer for a poorly relative and if it goes through and he owns the club, I hope sincerely that the toxic element of our 'fan' base either stay away or grow up.

I very much doubt the EFL would allow us to anyway, but I also instinctively feel that this is more about saving the club than splashing out on players and chasing a dream.

The club/team COULD find inspiration from any feel good factor from the terraces, so I hope that the fans give it.

That's my kind of feeling too.  Although if it's true, I suspect we'll have a period of getting our house in order, and then he'll try and sell us on to a richer owner.

I think I’m going to keep my powder dry until the buyout is completed.

Too many times have I/we have got our hopes up, just for them to be obliterated by poor reporting and charlatans with ideas of grandeur.
I’m not saying that Mr.Clowes is going to repeat the fake Sheikh, a dodgy Boxing Promoter or the enigma that is Chris Kirchner, however for me caution is the word of the next few days or until this is confirmed officially with the iconic “corner flag” announcement..

Fingers crossed ?? ????

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

22 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Need a striker. Every club that did well last season had a striker on 15 plus goals. I fear if the club loses any more players it will be a season of struggle. I',m not expecting much from next season unless we sign some players including a goalscorer.

This suggests that every club that did well needs that striker which is undoubtably a point but... surely some clubs that do well create that many chances they improve the strikers stats?

21 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Judging by the positivity of his posts my money is on @Brailsford Ram??

Not me. He lives very close to me and if he is to be the new owner I honestly think he is a very safe pair of hands. He has built on his late his father's success in developing his business and he is a real life long supporter of the club unlike the previous owner. Despite being well known he keeps quite a low profile and he is well respected. The speed with which he seems to have moved in acquiring the stadium in a bid to get this takeover completed one way or another is commendable. Also, his credentials locally are well established and he comes without the mystery and uncertainty that accompanied the fake Sheik, Erik Alonso and Mr Kirchner. For the first time for a long time, I feel positively hopeful for the future of our club. He seems an extremely good fit at last.

Hm ... so Q decided not to consider a bid from billionaire MA, with unquestionable football experience.

They overlooked Applebys consortium, a man with years of experience of managing derby previously. A man who didn't previously leave derby in a huge amount of debt.

Q has once again selected a person with zero experience of managing a football club.

Mm was supposedly a derby fan, who was a local businessman with a lot of money. Yet he left the club in a horrible place.

So now Q send in the clowns, I mean Clowes, is he similar person to MM. On paper it would appear, that way, at least in as much as he's meant to be a fan of derby and is wealthy local.

Like mm he's supposedly a long term fan of derby county. 

I can't understand Q reasoning here.

Surely Appleby or MM would be better owners of derby, than a total unknown.

Actually what am I saying, Q just have to put forward the highest bid as the preferred bidder.

They don't really care if its in the best interests of the fans.

I wonder if Q will face legal action from Appleby of MA on this, only time will tell.

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Too many times have I/we have got our hopes up, just for them to be obliterated

I see a few posters saying similar to this. I must be different, I only regard the Kirchner one as ever being close. I never thought the Fake Sheikh or Alonso ones were legitimate, so when they collapsed, I was unaffected.

20 hours ago, BucksRam said:

One word:  Gibson

It still isn’t a bid. He has simply put load of dosh into a bank account as a ststwment that he us ready to do a deal. But he still hadn’t made a bid, probably because he still doesn't really want to spend the full £50k.

18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

May well be true, I think most of us would have brought the club and ground if we had won that Euro lottery of £180 million a few weeks back but we would have needed to get divorced first which would have delayed our takeovers ?

You laugh, but my missus offered (without any pleading from me) to keep 'only' £30m for herself so I could use the rest to save and fund DCFC. 

I don't have it in writing though.... 

8 hours ago, CBRammette said:

So if Mr Clowes is a fan, the real question is is he a poster on here?!

Have to say there's been one or two "new" posters on here recently who I've wondered at their real identities from their comments. Always interesting to know if there's any more "higher profile" peeps here, aka Mel and Maguire. For the record, I'm a nobody ?

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Hm ... so Q decided not to consider a bid from billionaire MA, with unquestionable football experience.

They overlooked Applebys consortium, a man with years of experience of managing derby previously. A man who didn't previously leave derby in a huge amount of debt.

Q has once again selected a person with zero experience of managing a football club.

Mm was supposedly a derby fan, who was a local businessman with a lot of money. Yet he left the club in a horrible place.

So now Q send in the clowns, I mean Clowes, is he similar person to MM. On paper it would appear, that way, at least in as much as he's meant to be a fan of derby and is wealthy local.

Like mm he's supposedly a long term fan of derby county. 

I can't understand Q reasoning here.

Surely Appleby or MM would be better owners of derby, than a total unknown.

Actually what am I saying, Q just have to put forward the highest bid as the preferred bidder.

They don't really care if its in the best interests of the fans.

I wonder if Q will face legal action from Appleby of MA on this, only time will tell.

?? Mr. Clowes, where do I claim my £5 ??

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

It still isn’t a bid. He has simply put load of dosh into a bank account as a ststwment that he us ready to do a deal. But he still hadn’t made a bid, probably because he still doesn't really want to spend the full £50k.

Yep, understand that.  The OP was asking why he hadn't bid before Christmas which was simply because Gibbo (and Coupig) had a strangle hold over us to the tune of £45m.  No-one wanted to take on that liability so Gibson got his way in delaying any possible takeover.  As you say, he still doesn't seem to have actually bid, just waved a bank statement around saying, look I have £50m.   If it had been £50K, even I may have sought a bank loan and bought us ?