The Administration Thread

Boycie

He doesn’t want to be wasting money on planes, they’re far too expensive. He needs all his money for the rebuild.

I have it from a reliable source that Buses and Plains are cheaper modes of transportation. 

Edited by seths-cap

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

First and foremost... sorry to read that buddy, and more sorry that I seemed to have played my part!

I know where you're coming from, and I must admit, I generally tend to merely skip through the negativity.  It's not in my nature, as I suspect neither is it in yours.

For my part, I guess I've been drinking the devils advocaat a little this morning, and commenting based on other peoples comments, rather than my own thoughts/opinions.  I certainly don't have a problem with renewing (in the usual manner... up front) if and when the bloody things go on sale, but I'm not ignorant enough to not realise some are not in as fortunate position as myself, and some will have to cut their cloth more, and take less risks!

I hope you are right about the assurances to fans... for others, more than myself.  If I lose my little stake, I'm lucky enough just to shrug it off, utter the word "meh", and find me another weekend hobby!  

Stay strong, bro.  ?

All good Mucker. Back in for catch-up. Let’s see if I can last 5 minutes before I go again

.Walking Away Reaction GIF

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who do we think is funding Appleby's bid then?

My understanding was that Appleby made a pool of investors that he essentially pulls funding for on projects, at least that was my interpretation of his business model from yesteryear. A bunch of middle class American's all looking for investment opportunities in sport, although I'd imagine it includes a long list of people from the very wealthy all the way down to the middle management types. 

I do seem to recall funding for players during their initial tenure was slow and tenuous, especially if we were fronting the cash. No idea if this time will be any better, but I'm happy to wait and see. 

29 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Hungry Eat Up GIF by Rodney Dangerfield  Forest fan and his doll

I think he looks more like this, from what I've seen of him.

Chucky.webp

Just now, Ambitious said:

My understanding was that Appleby made a pool of investors that he essentially pulls funding for on projects, at least that was my interpretation of his business model from yesteryear. A bunch of middle class American's all looking for investment opportunities in sport, although I'd imagine it includes a long list of people from the very wealthy all the way down to the middle management types. 

I do seem to recall funding for players during their initial tenure was slow and tenuous, especially if we were fronting the cash. No idea if this time will be any better, but I'm happy to wait and see. 

Post Covid is probably the ideal time for such an ownership model to be successful, at our level at least.  

The gravy days are over for those players who could make a fortune from Championship level ability, imo. 

It should be perfectly possible to build a decent squad for very little outlay and wages, compared to a few years ago. 

Just take a look at some of the players who've drifted away from the game recently, when their wages demands weren't met. 

Wisdom, Huddlestone, Carroll and Wilshere would all have had someone gamble on them in previous times, yet most ended up taking time out and settling for much less money than before, and not even that in Andre's case.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Post Covid is probably the ideal time for such an ownership model to be successful, at our level at least.  

The gravy days are over for those players who could make a fortune from Championship level ability, imo. 

It should be perfectly possible to build a decent squad for very little outlay and wages, compared to a few years ago. 

Just take a look at some of the players who've drifted away from the game recently, when their wages demands weren't met. 

Wisdom, Huddlestone, Carroll and Wilshere would all have had someone gamble on them in previous times, yet most ended up taking time out and settling for much less money than before, and not even that in Andre's case.

I agree, but the cynic in me also believes there will be plenty of people to 'go for broke' to avoid being left below when the Premier League inevitably shuts the trap door citing welfare concerns for relegated clubs. 

The Premier League will eventually be run very similarly to the Premier League 2 where there are two divisions (enabling the promotion and relegation aspect) where teams who aren't up to grade are demoted to the Football League on commercial terms and expansion allows teams into the Premier League based on commercial criteria. 

The international funding for the Premier League is going to be the majority, sooner or later the gap is going to be far too big to sustain (as if it isn't now). The Football League would do well to focus their marketing rather than asking for handout after handout.