The Administration Thread

Boycie

Hold on,

Q want to take out a loan to get players signed up and ST rolled out etc.

Rooney will be signing them up one assumes?

If we get taken over we’ll need to get players signed up too, these players will be the same players Rooney will be looking at no doubt as we’re on a strict budget.

The only difference will be that the incoming buyer will have a possible loan interest fee to pay.  The outlay will be the same if they own it now or Q borrow and Rooney works his magic.

We don’t have time to mess about, we need players and ST’s sold asap.

Temp funding is vital to secure our spot in the league this season, forget about who’s applying for it.

18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So why can’t they do that now ? 

Do what now?  As it stands, the EFL will enforce their insolvency policy (and we pay football creditors), or we'll be liquidated (and the EFL pool account will pay them). So either way the clubs get their money. It's only if the EFL start changing rules that clubs might get interested. Likewise, Bolton, Wigan and any other clubs in admin recently might have complaints to make.

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I didn’t imagine other clubs wouldn’t get their money but why do other creditors have to be paid by the method the EFL have said, why can’t it be over five years or ten years so long as they get it?

If we're talking about Mike Ashley £28m type bids, then no creditor outside of MSD, Quantuma and some of the football creditors are getting anything anyway, so the length of time is moot.

That latest statement from the administrators is really worrying, though credit where credits due, at least they’ve finally come out and told us how it is. If there’s no one offering enough money to even keep us in the League right now, I fail to see how that’s going to change as we end up more and more in debt.

My fears of liquidation are growing by the day, you have to question now whether the clubs in too much of a mess to be worth saving. I certainly think there’s yet another season of pain and probably a second successive relegation ahead of us, at best.

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Do what now?  As it stands, the EFL will enforce their insolvency policy (and we pay football creditors), or we'll be liquidated (and the EFL pool account will pay them). So either way the clubs get their money. It's only if the EFL start changing rules that clubs might get interested. Likewise, Bolton, Wigan and any other clubs in admin recently might have complaints to make.

If we're talking about Mike Ashley £28m type bids, then no creditor outside of MSD, Quantuma and some of the football creditors are getting anything anyway, so the length of time is moot.

Exactly.  

This idea of dichotomy is very good for trying to drive a hard bargain but becomes dreadful when you actually negotiate.  It is also a total nonsense that doesn't pass mustard for a second once you think about it.  

Life is never go to bed or go for a run; cheese on toast or lobster thermadore; Chariots of Fire or Minions.  It involves change and movement.  When it comes down to it, Creditors will not want the dichotomy - zero pounds or surrender.  But, they will want a good deal.  You can then offer new points to the bargain to sweeten it.  All sides will want this - literally everyone.  

At the moment, the admins want what they want (on behalf of Creditors).  But if no one is offering, their bargaining position is zero.  So movement will need to happen to prevent the dichotomy mentioned above.  At that point, and ONLY at that point, new ideas will come to the fore.      

I’m putting it out there, I’m not buying a season ticket while the club is in this state. I can’t afford to kiss goodbye to my money, fans would be very low down on the list when money is given out. Asking me, who has paid £££ in the past, to risk more money when they talk about millions as if they’re tenners, is not going happen. They’ve given me zero consideration up to now so I’m not considering my ticket now. 

It's the first time I've commented in a while but I can't lie, this whole situation is beyond a joke.

I can imagine how you lot feel about it but to me football is derby and derby is football. I don't care for England, I don't care for any other team and right now there's absolutely nothing positive going on. 

Every noon and night I'm checking for the hopeful "Take over complete" - because the prospect of playing forest green away is bad enough, but losing Rooney (which will happen if this carries on) will be the biggest loss yet. That man and his pulling power will be the difference in us bouncing back as players will want to play for him. Anyone interested in buying the club will know this, and if we are to get out the doo doo, I fell this has to be sorted and finalised this week or else we're screwed.

In the 30+ years I've been a Derby Fan, this is by far the worst period I've ever experienced. It's like all the people involved in ruining what Derby County is and a lack of amends being made from people who are "interested in buying us" have zero understanding of what this club means to the fans. Its disgusting tbh. From the EFL, Gibson, Mel Morris, Admin, CK, and the people diddle daddling around the idea of if we're a worthy enough assett to take on, there's no one who cares as much as us and I think we deserve better. Obviously.

I pray this gets sorted this week ?

59 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

This idea of dichotomy is very good for trying to drive a hard bargain but becomes dreadful when you actually negotiate.  It is also a total nonsense that doesn't pass mustard for a second once you think about it.  

I bet that stings...

Perhaps the idiom you're searching for is pass muster?

14 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m putting it out there, I’m not buying a season ticket while the club is in this state. I can’t afford to kiss goodbye to my money, fans would be very low down on the list when money is given out. Asking me, who has paid £££ in the past, to risk more money when they talk about millions as if they’re tenners, is not going happen. They’ve given me zero consideration up to now so I’m not considering my ticket now. 

If you buy a season ticket use your credit card to pay. If club goes belly up you get your money from whoever issued your credit card. Not a guess a fact. 

13 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

If the EFL conclude Q have funds to run us and therefore issue season tickets I will buy. I suppose I’d hedge my bets if they let you buy 1/2 season at the start .. but I want to be at pride park supporting the rams asap

4 hours ago, JPRamFan said:

This.

If we can't get a new owner now, can you seriously see us securing one during the season. If Q are taking out a loan circa 3-5 million for new players, season tickets and June's Wages, it's only going to add more debt to an already dire situation. Q need to set a new deadline for a new owner, because I can't bare to see this farce continue into next season.

What would setting another deadline actually achieve?