The Administration Thread

Boycie

40 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Birch's response to the supporter groups could be interpreted that not only do admin need to secure funding for next season (or until March 2023), but also to show they can exit admin on or before March 2023. Which sort of makes a mockery of saying you can start the season in admin.     

I don't see a contradiction, more a setting out of reality. 

If we present a plan to continue in administration by borrowing funds until someone buys us, it probably won't meet approval, as it will increase the cost of takeover. 

If we cut costs to the absolute bone, spend what we earn and not increase our liabilities, then at least we'll be no less attractive a proposition going forward, so probably would get approval to start the season. 

I see a lot of frustration and conspiracy theory posts going on. 

I get the frustration. But to resort to conspiracies and venting isn’t terribly helpful(to you or any of us). 

It seems pretty simple to me. And I’ve said it before: this is a crap deal for any buyer. But someone will end up buying.

And that is why we are seeing these shadow games, use of PR teams, and the length of time this is taking. 

Whoever buys Derby WILL be paying too much for the asset, because of the financial situation the business is in.  And all the bidders are trying their best to get it for less. That means misinformation, PR teams, and waiting. 

For your own health, please stop trying to shoe-horn in some conspiracies and point fingers. 

Again, this is a crap Deal for any buyer, and they are trying to make it a better one by employing standard tactics when negotiating deals. And it is 100% on the bidders/buyers to get this done. 

A buyer will sign the deal. 
coyr

21 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

No. If there's players not paid, there's a -3 due.

However, we only have until March 2023 to exit, according to the EFL.

Technically speaking, the 3 points penalty for not paying the players, ends at the end of this month.

However, a non payment after this date, would surely attract a new and probably stiffer punishment from the EFL.

2 hours ago, alram said:

i can't believe what i am reading in regards to people sticking up for the administrators after all the stuff they have done for the past however long now.  

just shows you, you can do anything and some will still back you no matter what.

they are not fit for purpose, they should be removed from their position.

this black balling is the final nail in the coffin for me, i cant see a future with these in charge.

I think that you need to check the responses on here and get the message that you're totally in the wrong. You have one person agreeing with you and everyone else, trying to explain that there are legal restrictions that Q have to adhere to and despite their many failings, this is not one of them.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I have seen efl want to speak to other bidders but Q are blocking them doing just that.

If that is the case surely efl can go to the FA and say we need your help.

Q aren’t blocking them. The law means the bids are confidential. EFL can only speak to a bidder if the bidder wants to talk to them - and none of them do. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Q aren’t blocking them. The law means the bids are confidential. EFL can only speak to a bidder if the bidder wants to talk to them - and none of them do. 

Well on bbc sport bit on twitter page

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well on bbc sport bit on twitter page

Hi B4. The BBC Sport article says the same thing - Q have informed EFL that it would be against the law for them to tell the EFL about bidders and bids. EFL want to speak to bidders’ lawyers but haven’t been able to - although it’s not clear from this why they haven’t been able to. 

896EAEBE-D957-40EA-BAF2-7CFC2EB6C33F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Hi B4. The BBC Sport article says the same thing - Q have informed EFL that it would be against the law for them to tell the EFL about bidders and bids. EFL want to speak to bidders’ lawyers but haven’t been able to - although it’s not clear from this why they haven’t been able to. 

This is deeply worrying me now why not just to speak to them  because we need this take over done so club can begin to start selling season tickets.

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11696/12527725/derby-countys-debts-believed-to-be-more-than-60m

Derby County's debts understood to stand at more than £60m with one source telling Sky Sports News he has never seen anything like it at a Championship club;

By Rob Dorsett

Stoke debts at 31 May 2021 £230m

Middlesbrough debts at 30 June 2021 £150m

Birmingham debts at 30 June 2021 £117m

Reading debts at 30 June 2021 £116m

Nottingham Forest debts at 30 June 2021 £73m

By G Star Ram

29 minutes ago, Indy said:

Says the solicitors have refused consent in the body of the text. The solicitors who represent the various bidders do not want to speak to the EFL, more than likely under instruction from their clients, the bidders themselves. 
It’s good that Birch has taken time to respond to the supporters groups, something Quantuma have failed to do so far following the collective letter of concern that was sent. He’s clarified a couple of useful points around dates for admin and, as Roymac pointed out, there is one “unofficial” deadline as this week Q need to evidence that we can find funding to finish the season (which we kind of knew), other than that it’s just a sort of courteous reply that doesn't offer much.

The EFL want to be more involved in the process, but unless the prospective bidders consent they cannot be, and the line about solicitors not consenting makes it very clear, until someone is ready to show their hand fully the EFL, and the fans, have to wait. 
I’m sat here hoping the reason for Quantuma’s silence once again is because they’re too busy fielding calls from the interested parties and also planning/budgeting for us to be able to see out the season and that we will hear some sort of progress this week. Naively optimistic of me I know, I’m just not ready to lose all hope just yet. Keep the faith folks ? 

25 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The EFL knows this and should always have known this. Or perhaps they skipped basic GDPR training. 

Just typical EFL posturing. I think they're absolutely s******* themselves now their pursuit of Derby is looking like it could prove terminal, so they are desperately trying to position Q as the villains of the peace and hoping everyone will forget their role in this whole, sorry debacle.