The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, CBX1985 said:

With respect. 

Business people buy brands. History and affection is what makes a brand. Why put 1884 on everything if it didn't matter?   I wasn't alive when Clough won the league for this team; when we were in European Cup.  

We support the same team.  I live 80 miles from Derby, and have an array of choice in who I support.  It would be far more convenient for me to support a much more successful team that is much more convenient to me.  I don't.

We are sticky supporters of a never to be remade brand.  That is value.

I agree it matters to supporters and it is a value to you,that is your personal POV but i will say again it doesn't matter as a business,i didn't see anyone queueing up to buy the club when we entered administration because of our history.All we would be remembered as is a founding member of the football league. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

In order to keep Rooney, I would have to assume the -15 point deduction is non-negotiable. 

I don’t think I could stomach getting a season ticket if we start on minus points again. I’d imagine a lot of people in the same boat. Any owner happy to take a -15 point deduction needs to factor in the consequences of doing so. 

Oh, I don't know.

I'm quite excited at the prospect of rewording our famous little ditty, going again, and seeing how close we get this time...

They docked us fifteen more points,
We still don't give a...

Edited by Mucker1884

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Debts being so high, no stadium, the complex labarinth of the company structures - it's not an easy sell.

With little potential to make any return on investment, realistically. The only chance any club has of turning a profit is by being in the Premier League, to acquire the club, and get us two promotions is going to take an extremely high investment in time and capital, and if any club should know that there is no guarantee of it working, it's Derby. Very tough sell. 

Edited by Andicis

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think we do but we’ve probably appointed them on terms that prevent us from suing them. THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO MANAGE AN M&A PROCESS AND WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THE EFL ARE STEPPING IN.  NO ONE ELSE CAN

Who is we? If you mean we as supporters of the club we didn't appoint them and not being creditors couldn't have done anyway.

I’ve not been a fan of the idea of MA taking charge but looking at how we’ve been run for so long, even before Mel, maybe it’s what we need. Ruthless businessman 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Debts being so high, no stadium, the complex labarinth of the company structures - it's not an easy sell.

Main 2 debts. Club - HMRC £36m; Stadium owner - bank £24m. That's £60m of the £75m. Ashley or Morgan would see that and try for 2 deals, seems relatively straightforward if you know what you're doing !

Another dip on the DCFC roller coaster then and clearly some angry, stressed, concerned and scared fans on here and elsewhere. God knows I'm one of them but it isnt healthy hanging on every comment craving the latest news and willing it to be positive.  Just setting up for another kicking. I've spoken to loads of family and friends today and I'm really struggling to keep regurgitating the same comments and keeping the faith. Just mindful of what the club means but also none of us can influence the outcome. Take a break if you can, stay off social media, take a walk, talk to the kids about school,  go for a pint but look out for yourselves and each other please. There will be good days again. Once a ram always a ram.

2 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

Screenshot_20220613-192918_WhatsApp.jpg

Loosely aligns with this breakdown ?

Could also mean further fees due to HMRC taking us up to my previous HMRC estimate of £18m (50%). Football creditors obviously being paid when payments fall due.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£21.4m is pretty close to 35% for creditors.

Unsecured creditors - £1m (35% of the £3m claimed)
Administrators - £3.5m (100%)
MSD (loan) - £3.5m (100%)
HMRC - £13.4m (based on £21.4m). FYI, £12.6m would be about 35%

MSD (Stadium) - dealt with by another person, 100% of £20.5m)
Football creditors - when falling due. (100% of whatever is left from £8.4m)

I just feel numb to it all now, gone beyond getting angry with it all. Until its done I dont want to hear about who is interested, who is the front runner, blah blah blah. 

We havent time for exclusivity or PB like Ashley wants, agreements are in place for the stadium & with the creditors so make a bid & send the money. 

Ideally, pay enough for no point deductions but its time to just get it done, preseason starts soon & we need to bring players in.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Who is we? If you mean we as supporters of the club we didn't appoint them and not being creditors couldn't have done anyway.

We the club. (The club appointed them.)

Sorry I agree of course that the fans have no basis for suing them despite the pain and suffering they have caused  

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

We the club. (The club appointed them.)

Sorry I agree of course that the fans have no basis for suing them despite the pain and suffering they have caused  

They probably weren't aware of the complexities until after taking over,they may have been duped by the previous owner as everyone else has.

Ridiculous that we forgot the old maxim:

Fool me once - shame on you.

Fool me twice - shame on me.

Fool me three times - (shrugs) I am working to address said issues imminently....by the way that's £2millon and counting you owe me.

Just now, Big Trav said:

I’m starting to get a bit nervous. MA is clear favourite but will be in dispute with the admins until liquidation. I don’t see any way forward unless someone comes in last minute 

Good point. Understand you can buy from liquidator. But would efl membership have lapsed, that's an issue.