The Administration Thread

Boycie

51 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

How can Ramstrust welcome EFL involvement and then say negotiations should be without improper external influences? That’s a total contradiction. 

Okay, I'll try and answer this. What I think they (we) are saying is that we welcome the involvement of the EFL in as much as it will bring a level of independent scrutiny to the actions and negotiations by Quantuma that they have sadly lacked so far.

I think we've all been frustrated by the lack of communication from the administrators and the pace with which things have progressed. At very least the EFL will now know whether Quantuma are responding to Ashley, or indeed whether Ashley has contacted them directly with a genuine offer. And who else they are talking to, at what stage, and what the hold-ups are with Kirchner's bid. So far all anybody has seen is journalistic speculation on all of that, very much slanted to the point of view of which vested interest the journalists are talking to. 

However, we also expect the EFL to be there as an independent body, NOT to try to influence those proceedings, just to make sure that they happen as quickly as possible, so that a resolution can be reached in time for the EFL NOT to withdraw the golden share. That resolution should not be influenced by the EFL. So, at the same time, it is maybe a warning to the EFL not to overstep their mark. 

I think the EFL have enough right to be concerned about the apparent lack of progress from Quantuma. 

I also think that Quantuma (and a lot of us fans) have enough right to be sceptical about the EFL's motives. 

But we all need to put that aside now and work together to find a resolution. There is no truly independent body who can do this at the moment. (Roll on the implementation of the fan-led review!) That won't help us now though, and in the meantime the clock is ticking for Derby County if we want to be in the EFL next season.

The longer I dwell on it, the more it feels like the EFL's 'involvement' is an attempt at saving face. The 'news' from Nixon reinforces this.

They haven't been *this* interested until 11.58pm. They could have helped more in significant ways, if they were really bothered. Especially around the Wycombe/Middlesbrough claims, but that's been done to death already.

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The longer I dwell on it, the more it feels like the EFL's 'involvement' is an attempt at saving face. The 'news' from Nixon reinforces this.

They haven't been *this* interested until 11.58pm. They could have helped more in significant ways, if they were really bothered. Especially around the Wycombe/Middlesbrough claims, but that's been done to death already.

Totally agree. The pace at which these senior professionals work - on all sides - is shocking really. 

Edited by angieram

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

It would appear not Premier, Nowt I can do about it, Nowt my friend can do about it, Nowt my friends friend can do about it, Perhaps the deal was on or perhaps it wasn't ?‍♀️, One things for sure the Sun will rise in Morning that fella is a certainty ?

I believe you posted in good faith. If I'd had that info, I would have posted it too. For what it's worth, I'm glad you did post it as it lifted my optimism.

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It was right there in their statement, this isn't about trying to secure a future for Derby. They couldn't give a f*** about that.

"The League is increasingly concerned that the ongoing delays in the sale process now present a real risk to the integrity of next season’s competition, with the 2022/23 fixture list due to be released in less than two weeks, and need to act now in the best interests of the EFL"

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Okay, I'll try and answer this. What I think they (we) are saying is that we welcome the involvement of the EFL in as much as it will bring a level of independent scrutiny to the actions and negotiations by Quantuma that they have sadly lacked so far.

I think we've all been frustrated by the lack of communication from the administrators and the pace with which things have progressed. At very least the EFL will now know whether Quantuma are responding to Ashley, or indeed whether Ashley has contacted them directly with a genuine offer. And who else they are talking to, at what stage, and what the hold-ups are with Kirchner's bid. So far all anybody has seen is journalistic speculation on all of that, very much slanted to the point of view of which vested interest the journalists are talking to. 

However, we also expect the EFL to be there as an independent body, NOT to try to influence those proceedings, just to make sure that they happen as quickly as possible, so that a resolution can be reached in time for the EFL NOT to withdraw the golden share. That resolution should not be influenced by the EFL. So, at the same time, it is maybe a warning to the EFL not to overstep their mark. 

I think the EFL have enough right to be concerned about the apparent lack of progress from Quantuma. 

I also think that Quantuma (and a lot of us fans) have enough right to be sceptical about the EFL's motives. 

But we all need to put that aside now and work together to find a resolution. There is no truly independent body who can do this at the moment. (Roll on the implementation of the fan-led review!) That won't help us now though, and in the meantime the clock is ticking for Derby County if we want to be in the EFL next season.

It is the EFL who has threatened to withdraw the golden share despite the fact that even now player wages are paid up to date. So the clock should not even have started to tick unless and until we start to have Cashflow problems. 

it is the EFL which has slowed the process with points deductions , embargo’s and indulging the Boro and Wycombe claims. 

and obviously the key point as you say is they are not independent, they represent the interests of the other71 and themselves.