The Administration Thread

Boycie

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

So everybody saying that the EFL couldn't interfere in the sale of the club were basically wrong?

Only because they have changed their rules, Now I wonder why they changed their rules, Maybe receiving an email from a billionaire was the catalyst?‍♀️

Also and hopefully not the thought of one of the founder members going Pop? 

9 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Indeed that is a discussion.  it is not a dichotomy - CK or nothing.

The amount offered by CK may be illusionary.  If it is, there was no real deal.  The negotiation has to find an acceptable amount for both sides. We start again.

MA has a infinitely stronger negotiating position.  Creditors don't have a world of options in a business that has no assets to sell.

It is not a discussion it's a fact,if a bidder doesn't offer enough to raise the club out of administration it doesn't happen

28 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Doesn't really matter whether they are trying to put public pressure on or not.

The real problem is the amount of debt and if nobody is willing to provide enough funds to lift the club out of administration then it won't happen.

Having now  read the EFLs statement which comes across as concern as to Derbys ability to fulfil next seasons fixtures I think the EFL is justified in voicing their concern.

I think we all share the EFLs concern.?

As long as the EFL comment only on the manner in which the Clubs current position interacts with the EFLs rules, that’s fine, if the EFL were to try and influence the Administration decision or process then, in my opinion, they would be over stepping the line.

I am always weary when we come across “Reporters” post as they tend to put a dramatic slant on everything, good or bad.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ummm what's stopping us playing the entirety of next season in administration?

There's no rules about how long a club is allowed to be in administration for - look at Wigan, Portsmouth etc 

Why are the EFL suddenly getting all precious about us potentially going into next season in administration, they weren't particularly bothered about it for the past season.

There is a limit of 18 months under EFL rules. That takes us through to March. We also gave to prove we can complete all 46 games next season (contradictory with the 18 mo the rule). Therefore, we have to prove a takeover will be completed by March at the very latest.

13 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I think it’s actually start one season. So you can go into admin after the first day of one season and start the next season in it.

The challenge for us is, we need to come out of admin to sign anyone and offer contracts. If they lets us do those things in admin it make a mockery of the rules, simple as that. We can’t compete starting next season in admin we don’t have the players, so this has to get done and sorted for the fixtures announcement you’d assume so we can then spend 4 weeks mustering a playing squad together. 

Apologies you’re correct, I meant play in 2 but only start in 1 ?

Wont let me edit it to put it right ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

I worked for Mike Ashley for 5 years so can form my own opinion of him. 

Indeed but, literally, thousands of employees think negatively of his employ, whereas, literally, a handful of negative reviews do Slync have to turning against CK. Just saying you should judge them on the same merits.

11 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Having now  read the EFLs statement which comes across as concern as to Derbys ability to fulfil next seasons fixtures I think the EFL is justified in voicing their concern.

I think we all share the EFLs concern.?

As long as the EFL comment only on manner in which the Clubs current position interacts with the EFLs rules, that’s fine, if the EFL were to try and influence the Administration decision or process then, in my opinion, they would be over stepping the line.

I am always weary when we come across “Reporters” post as they tend to put a dramatic slant on everything, good or bad.

I agree,  some may see this as the death knell for the club.  However, I think this is the best thing that could happen at this critical point.  They do not seem to have much confidence in the matter being resolved as it is. 

The administrator has to be neutral but those affected can make representations to them and therefore establish whether a said bidder is viable.  With someone readily available to negotiate on behalf of the FA it is far better for all parties.    I'm not aware of any other club that has had this provision.

It may be last chance saloon for some, but I think this is positive news.

Edited by Flying Fokker