The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I don't know where the reference to a  third party bank has even come from, was it Dorsett?

My understanding is that the transfer has been placed on hold while AML checks are carried out.

Whether one journalist says it is with a "European Bank" or another journalist says it is at a "Clearing House" in neither here nor there, the reason remains the same.

The Dorsett article said the money was with a European clearing bank. My point was I didn't understand why it would be with a "European clearing bank" rather than the administrators own bank or at the very least a UK bank. Maybe it was a clumsy use of words to say European Cleaning bank as this sounds to me like a mainland European bank rather than in the UK. 

It is "here or there" if it's a further attempt to explain the delay that seems to make little sense to me.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

The Dorsett article said the money was with a European clearing bank. My point was I didn't understand why it would be with a "European clearing bank" rather than the administrators own bank or at the very least a UK bank. Maybe it was a clumsy use of words to say European Cleaning bank as this sounds to me like a mainland European bank rather than in the UK. 

It is "here or there" if it's a further attempt to explain the delay that seems to make little sense to me.

Very little of the whole sorry fiasco makes sense to me….

18 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Eh?

You brushed aside Ashley's neglect of Newcastle's facilities by saying 'we don't know that Kirchner would have invested in the facilities either' 

It was very much like the defense of the government's handling of Covid - 'we don't know that Labour would have handled it nay better' 

Not that hard to follow? 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

England/UK is still geographically part of Europe, even if not part of the “union”. Don’t be surprised if he’s quoting an American verbatim. Santander is a European bank!! 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

England/UK is still geographically part of Europe, even if not part of the “union”. Don’t be surprised if he’s quoting an American verbatim. Santander is a European bank!! 

I though all Americans though the UK was separate from Europe ?

Of course I know the UK is geographically part of Europe (I'm not as stupid as you, and my wife, may think ?) and I did consider wherever he got his quote from may have meant the UK but I still would have expected them to say "UK" rather than "Europe".

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There was a time I'd be in a boozer watching this game, Never knew it was on tonight, I'm watching the Equaliser with Denzel Washington...currently 1-1

Has VAR come into play yet, Alf? 

25 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

You brushed aside Ashley's neglect of Newcastle's facilities by saying 'we don't know that Kirchner would have invested in the facilities either' 

It was very much like the defense of the government's handling of Covid - 'we don't know that Labour would have handled it nay better' 

Not that hard to follow? 

So your banking on the possibility that Kirchner would invest more into the facilities than Ashley.... I'm more concerned with stability. Kirchner has given me no confidence throughout this process. Especially with the unpaid employees and late payments made in his business that have come out over the last few days.

37 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

For once, the England game is quite entertaining

I'm enjoying it too, although this is more to do with the fact that the group of pot bellied old men from Sheffield playing  a few bars of The Great Escape ad nauseum on trumpets are missing rather than the quality of the football

My strong preference is with MA, he has the money and there is absolutely no value to Derby County for him with us being a League One or Championship club so he is motivated for 2 promotions at the very least before turning the taps off.

Kirchner I have doubts full stop over whether his pockets are deep enough for this venture; that is not to say he can't pull the cash together to get the deal done but I worry that he is straining every sinew of his finances to just get himself over the line. He obviously can't afford the stadium and once he realises the reality of running a club i.e. lose vasts amount of money every month for the privilege of being roundly abused by fans, then he may get tired of the trainset and the inevitable waning publicity once the deal is done. MA has experience of being an owner so he knows the score already. And Newcastle fans are more demanding than Derby fans too.

Personally I'd rather a billionaire "skinflint" own us than an owner who turns out to be an emperor with no clothes once the tide rolls back. I also think the business like way he is approaching this, as much as some fans don't like it, is the reason why a) he is successful and b) he can trusted to prudently run the club. Every penny he shaves off is enough penny in the kitty to get the club back up to speed. He hasn't become that wealthy by blasé handing over cheques to admins for £3M who he doesn't rate, nor seemingly does anyone who has worked with them by the sounds of it.