The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Hardly anyone knows anything about 'soccer' in the States. As for his rep. He just says money was held up and admin wouldn't wait.

"I couldn't pass the money laundering checks" isn't really the get out if jail free card he thinks it is though.

At best it shows he's disorganised and can't be trusted with that scale of deal. At worst it suggests he's a total b******* artist.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I can’t see it like this. With what’s coming out, CK’s reputation is in tatters right now. 

Equally his company’s name is now getting dragged through the mud as well, quite rightly if what is reported is true but if he wasn’t involved with Derby there’s no way it would be coming out. Maybe he just didn’t realise the media interest in it, no idea. Really bizarre though

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

"I couldn't pass the money laundering checks" isn't really the get out if jail free card he thinks it is though.

At best it shows he's disorganised and can't be trusted with that scale of deal. At worst it suggests he's a total b******* artist.

He can think of a better line I'm sure.

17 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But as others have mentioned, why has CK invested time and money coming to Derby if he wasn’t serious? Why pay for all the lawyer fees? It doesn’t make much sense at all. 

Perhaps the penny has finally dropped and he's realised there's not a lot of money to be made from a league 1 club and decided to cut his losses ?

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Sure, but anyone serious with half a brain would see through it. Just a shame our process so far has lacked anyone serious or with half a brain.

So not anyone? I'm sure we're not that important and deals fall through all the time. 

16 minutes ago, GenBr said:

In March it was reported he was struggling to put enough money together to match the highest bid. That doesnt mean he has no money, but it was also reported we'd have points deductions for all of the bids on the table at the time.

If we're going to get points deductions for both Ashley and Appleby we may as well go with the option that isnt struggling to gather the cash just to buy us.

Various parties will spread rumours about their rivals. there were reports Ashley had pulled out. he hadn't. Ditto Appleby. All BS. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't say they were.

BS was exchanged.

My point being is that Kirchner did not get as far with Preston as he has with Derby. To get to this very late stage to the point where he announces that he will be the next owner of the club, he must have had to provide solid proof of funding etc. Something has quite obviously gone very wrong but nobody seems to know what it is.

24 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, I'm not going to believe it until the first game of the League 1 season kicks off in front of a crowd of 30,000 at Pride Park with our new team, mixing the promising youngsters with Rooney's bargain captures, all with long term contracts, in front of Kirchner's guest of honour: Dan Roan.

Kirchner now desperate to update the BBC reporter :

rkVjN0.gif.ad51881b5dc2dbfeda5eb807ea033fba.gif