The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I worked with a chap called Hugh Arden (know as Huge to most people) and we used to send mail to a Mr P Hole.....

I worked with two chaps named Alistair Pratt and Alec Watt many moons ago. They used to do a stock take every Friday night and sign the sheet off (before computers).

My job on Monday morning was to take the stock sheets across to Finance and investigated any discrepancies. The sheets were always neatly signed....

A Watt A Pratt

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I worked with two chaps named Alistair Pratt and Alec Watt many moons ago. They used to do a stock take every Friday night and sign the sheet off (before computers).

My job on Monday morning was to take the stock sheets across to Finance and investigated any discrepancies. The sheets were always neatly signed....

A Watt A Pratt

A Finance department in RR back in the 80's used to have two lovely ladies called Ena and Jean working in it.

It took them about two years to realise i was taking the Mick when i went in their office and greeted them with  inevitable  Hi Ena, Hi Jean.

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

This reads like Morris was a victim of circumstance & acted like a 'reasonable person' thereafter. I would argue that is a very generous interpretation.

Reality is Morris knew towards the end ot 2017/18 that we'd overspent as a club. He publicly told Rowett we would be reining it in & relying more on Academy graduates and that was part of Rowett's rationale for jumping ship to Stoke. 

Had Morris kept to this strategy, we'd have been fine. What he then did though was to bet the house on one last attempt at promotion...got blinded by a celebrity appointment (Lampard) & spent money every bit as frivolous as his first 2 years. It was this season that provoked the ire of Gibson & interest of onlookers who couldn't reconcile his earlier statements with the approach thereafter.

Once we lost to Villa & he decided to sell having lost his gamble, he had a responsibility to manage the club prudently. Instead he doubled down with our biggest ever signing (Bielik) & a massive PR stunt (Rooney). Gibson served notice of intent to sue us May 2019 but Morris did not deal with this until 3 months ago (and even then there are suggestions he's just lumped it onto the price of PP). He said he would fund us until we were sold but cut his losses by dumping us into administration & left us to the mercy of rival clubs & a vengeful EFL. 

He also had a bid last summer from the Binnies (reported in the Athletic) which seemingly he rejected in favour of administration & a certain relegation. That sound like someone who had no option but to do what he did?

To your point about fans supporting us at Wembley and then turning on Morris, how would you expect the average fan to know the situation at the club when Morris was so secretive about the real picture & his true intentions?

Nailed it, as your posts usually do! 

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Two customers of mine

Stan Hanus kids always covered up the H on his plaque

R. T Uren, Mickleover dentist must be retired by now

That was my dentist when I was younger not very enjoyable experience.