The Administration Thread

Boycie

46 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

I have rose tinted glasses do I see it a little differently. There is Steve mc at man u. Youth players going from us to Liverpool and Chelsea who know what out academy and Rooney can do with youngsters. Rooney's name will also help bring in slightly older players who want to be part of what he does. Even older players have shown they want to be part of it , thinking Curtis and the centre half that went to Stoke. Getting Rooney to sign a new contract is key to that lot. Without Rooney I think what you say stands up, with Rooney and what he did last year things change

I have yet to see rooney winning enough games that he could win enough games to break the 80 points required just to reach the play offs.

I don't under estimate the quality of the teams or managers in League one.

There are some ex Premier league teams in League one.

How many of the teams at the top of league one are mostly made of older and youth players.

15 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Why is he relying on others to buy the ground and taking 35p in the pound over THREE years, could that be because he can't afford 25p straight off.....

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt fir now, but the first time the accounts are more than a month late, Ill be on his case, thats how it started with Mel....

Animated GIF what a bundle of joy you are

1 hour ago, angieram said:

She's a season ticket holder, as is Pauline Latham.

I know Amanda quite well, and she works very hard on a number of issues, the football club being only one of them. She's a huge champion for mental health, for example. 

Like most MPs who want to keep their jobs, she follows the party whip on voting.

I don't share her politics, but it saddens me to see her name being besmirched because of them. 

The two do seem to go hand in hand!

27 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I have yet to see rooney winning enough games that he could win enough games to break the 80 points required just to reach the play offs.

How many of the teams at the top of league one are mostly made of older and youth players.

Rain Raining GIF by Al Roker  you are another joyless soul , chill out and lets see what happens ffs

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Morecambe's looks lovely.

By the sea and that.

Been there several times, The far open side, Stand there in a winters gale ? I had friends who live in Bolton Le Sands 3 miles down the road, The old ground was more accommodating imo, The one saving grace are the pies the best in the UK for me...Potts Pies.

Morecambe as a resort is very nice tho ?   

43 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Ex premier league teams - their squad is not prem level. Doesn’t mean anything whether they’re ex prem or called Sunderland or Wycombe- only advantage is bigger home crowds. 

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/league-one-promotion-permutations-wigan-win-title-who-make-play-offs-1594139

In a league with a whole host of big clubs and big fanbases, 80 points might not be enough even for a play-off berth.

For 80 points to be the high watermark required to sneak into the play-offs is extraordinary. To put it into context Oxford, who will miss out with a current tally 75 points, would have made it into the top six in each of the last 11 seasons. As it is Sunderland may need 83 to qualify for the play-offs for the third year in succession and cap a strange season at the Stadium of Light.

A quality team will be required to win promotion from league one.

The club's at the top of league one have better strikers than dcfc. Lawrence is our best striker, and he's leaving on a free.

I don't believe that players at the end of their careers and young loan players, will be enough to win promotion next season.

Coming out of administration is just the start of the journey, we might also be restricted on transfers next season by the efl.

In any case signing players in League one could be challenging with the competition for quality players in that league.

The high points tallies for the top 6 clubs may possibly reflect the quality (or lack of) of teams at the botom of the division.Morecambe avoided relegation. Even Buxton gave them a game.

29 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

.....The one saving grace are the pies the best in the UK for me...

Have you been to Norwich? - I've not got a lot of time for Delia, but my word she can knock out a good pie - Steak in Red Wine last time I was there - absolutely lovely...

12 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Whilst trying to decide on tonight's tipple of choice in the wines and spirits section of Waitrose tonight (went for a modestly priced 16 yr old Lagavulin with some Pinot Grig for the GF as an afterthought), I found myself absent-mindedly humming a footy chant idly composed in acknowledgement of our American brother CK, the saviour of Derby County Football Club. Got a few funny looks from the 'ladies who lunch' brigade but I think it works quite nicely. Clearly the staff did, as they were laughing their arses off, though the GF reckons they were laughing at me, not with me ?

Anyway, to the tune of Rock the Casbah...

By order of Rick Parry
They kicked us to the ground
Degenerate the faithful
Stealing every single pound
Steve Gibson they did wheel out
With his bogus football debt
Then Cowpig came from nowhere
With the shytest claims yet
But as soon as Rooney, started to fly
Us Rams began to sing….

The EFL don’t like us
Rockin the Kirschner
Rock the Kirschner
The EFL don’t like us
Rockin the Kirschner
Rock the Kirschner

Genius huh! No need to thank me though, you're welcome!

Love,

86 x

Thanks for the memories,

Popped my cherry to Rock the Casbah - well the chorus anyway?

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Have you been to Norwich? - I've not got a lot of time for Delia, but my word she can knock out a good pie - Steak in Red Wine last time I was there - absolutely lovely...

I've not been for around 8-10 years, We drew 1-1, I wouldn't eat anything that has alcohol as an added flavouring in it ?

I once went to an expensive boozer in London after a game, On the blackboard outside it said "UKs best pie voted number 1, £8ish...with gravy, The gravy tasted better.   

25 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

The high points tallies for the top 6 clubs may possibly reflect the quality (or lack of) of teams at the botom of the division.Morecambe avoided relegation. Even Buxton gave them a game.

Also 80 points is a big misnomer, the average for the past 10 years has been 73.  80 would have got you in for 9 out of the last 10.

75 would have got you in 8 times in the last 10 as well

26 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I've not been for around 8-10 years, We drew 1-1, I wouldn't eat anything that has alcohol as an added flavouring in it ?

I once went to an expensive boozer in London after a game, On the blackboard outside it said "UKs best pie voted number 1, £8ish...with gravy, The gravy tasted better.   

You should try bread and butter pudding soaked in rum for two days served at Delia’s.

4 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

We can't afford Lawrence. His wages are far too high for our budget. It doesn't matter whether CK is worth £5m or £5bn he can only put a finite amount of money into the club without breaking FFP. 

We will be operating on a similar or even smaller budget than many League 1 clubs due to us having to pay creditors 35% over three years which will have to come out of club income.

Tough road ahead still. 

That's not actually correct.

There's no FFP/P&S in League 1. It's SCMP. As a relegated club, we are restricted to spending 75% of our turnover on salaries. However, equity injections count as turnover. If Kirchner actually wanted to and could afford to, the rules would allow him to retain Lawrence. 

Having said that, we know a song about unaffordable wage bills.