The Administration Thread

Boycie

41 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Please could anyone with access to the Punjabi Rams have the local businessman confirm that Mel will deal with them even if it ultimately means Kirchner's bid to purchase the club will succeed.

Or is that one of the "meetings with key stakeholders"?

A statement where three-quarters of it is pretty much saying “please leave Mr Morris alone.”

I’m not for one second condoning any kind of threats towards Morris or his family, but the Internet can be an awful place, and when you behave in a way whereby you’re playing with the existence of something that is a key part of literally hundreds of thousands of people’s lives, whether that’s as a fan, or connected by the wider community, then what do you expect.

Whatever happens to Derby County now, Morris will never be highly regarded at this Club, and never welcome back. If he receives threats, report them, and I hope those that make the threats are suitably dealt with, but once again I’m echoing my thoughts on this - Mel Morris, do the right thing.

... and some historic lease arrears which have to be addressed...

That appears to be separate and exclusive from any writing off of any personal loans.

Anyone know when we stopped paying rent, and how much is owed there?  ?‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As he said this trip had been planned for a while, I strongly suspect it won't have anything to do with DCFC. Not directly, at least.

Bangkok? It could be business or pleasure or a bit of both. Either way I hope he gets a happy ending at Derby too.

People go on about Ashley not spending money and trying to get things on the cheap. Fair enough, but I tell you one thing though, if he owned us we wouldn't be cashing in sell on fees for a few hundred grand to keep us for deaths door or letting players go for peanuts when we previously thought they were our golden eggs. Being hard nosed can work for you.

I'm not saying I'm backing Ashley.

I'm at the point where I couldn't care who gets the club now. I just want a club to support. That's where we are at. The fact we have anyone willing to try and sort out this mess, to me, is nothing short of a miracle and any party trying to save this club has my full support.

As ever, you have to read between the lines of such statements.

It is therefore not helpful that Mr Morris is receiving threats against him of his family, that should read off. 

Even his family hate him.

We should be grateful if supporters ceased such threats, but they've bought him to the table, so crack on fans!

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

The fact he seems willing to let the council have it and rent it off them suggests not.  There's no way he will be able to secure any borrowing against it if they own it.

Problem I have with that is I never believed that the council buying the ground was a realistic option considering the timescales required. They simply would not be able to do it quick enough,  so always thought CK would “reluctantly” offer to buy it at the last minute but on his terms.

12 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Problem I have with that is I never believed that the council buying the ground was a realistic option considering the timescales required. They simply would not be able to do it quick enough,  so always thought CK would “reluctantly” offer to buy it at the last minute but on his terms.

He now refers to the stadium being privately purchased. Most likely by the group of local businessmen - I doubt it’s Rooney purchasing, for a few reasons