The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Odds are that we see derby county outside of the play offs next season, at least two to three seasons in League one.

Examplre: Leeds took several seasons to escape league one.

Derby will be restricted due to the business plan in terms of who they can sign, expect free agents and loan signings.

Not the best of those, they will go to the Championship clubs while derby pick up the left overs in competition with other league one clubs.

I've read that escaping league ones requires spending and from what I've read we will not be doing a lot of that.

For those who dream of escaping league one in the first season, continue to dream.

Thats what life is all about, having dreams, wether they come true or not.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Odds are that we see derby county outside of the play offs next season, at least two to three seasons in League one.

Derby will be restricted due to the business plan in terms of who they can sign, expect free agents and loan signings.

Not the best of those, they will go to the Championship clubs while derby pick up the left overs in competition with other league one clubs.

I've read that escaping league ones requires spending and from what I've read we will not be doing a lot of that.

For those who dream of escaping league one in the first season, continue to dream.

Lies No GIF

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think will spend some money mate but I think that will go on a couple decent strikers and maybe a midfielder but all this depends on certain things I do think kircher wants stright back up if we can I love to us win league one title.

25 minutes ago, Oldben said:

There is nothing wrong with dreaming. I dream I'll win the lottery one week. As long as folk hope for a quick return rather than expect it. 

50 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

That is the problem with the current rules they make a bad situation much worse, I doubt if anyone within the EFL have ever sat down and worked all of the different scenarios  through to a final conclusion. Its clear to see, now we are in this position, how easy it is for a club to cease to exist. The EFL rules\punishments are both punitive and cumulative, there needs to be a balance where, if a club is in trouble they can approach the EFL for help, after all it surely isn't in the interest of the member clubs of the EFL to lose a fellow member. 

Under the current regulations no club owner in their right minds would want to share any issues with the EFL.    

This is true. It's like multiple jeopardy. The EFLs rules are a strange mish mash of trying to dissuade poor behaviour through penalties and then having a different set of penalties for some events and none for others. 

Put together, it's quite difficult to see what the EFL objectives actually are, as they are neither preventing club owners doing bad things, nor creating a genuine competition. 

28 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Leeds had a 15 point deduction in their first season in League 1 and still got to the play-off final. They would have comfortably finished 2nd (1 point off 1st) if they didn't have the deduction.

We've got decent club harmony on the pitch and in the stands at the moment, but we need to make sure we hit the ground running next season with whatever squad we can put together.

29 minutes ago, roboto said:

We've got decent club harmony on the pitch and in the stands at the moment, but we need to make sure we hit the ground running next season with whatever squad we can put together.

There’s a strong chance CK will take over and that Rooney stays. Rooney likely to assemble a strong squad I reckon with a good mix of youth and experience 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Out of interest, do you think this season's squad would get promoted from League 1? Do you think the restrictions (in terms of wages offered) next season will be more severe than this season? Do you think the appeal of the club, the fan base and the manager will be less?

Do I think we're definitely going straight back up? No. Do I think we've got a good chance? Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Wigan. 

20 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Until Kieran Maguire starts tweeting every detail of their last 5 years accounts and Steve Gibson threatens to sue the EFL unless they act, then Stoke should be fine.

As I said on another thread - there were red flags suggesting the Morris was out of his depth business wise running a football club and as a body is fans ignored it because he was spending money and getting away with circumventing rules while others got caught.

imagine if KM hadn’t done what he did Wes be even further in the red. 

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

image.gif.7683d1403abb30ad6a31c6bd63b4d00d.gif

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

Rather a dreamer than a downer, aim for the stars and all that. It's what life is about, if you're always looking down, it's where you'll stay.