The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Maybe he spoke to Q when the bidders deadline was due and they told him there was still a chance if he was still interested (because no-one else was putting a bid in) - he’d already done some of the prep work the first time around so perhaps not that much negotiation to do…..

Maybe. But his first bid clearly wasn’t suitable or he’d have lasted longer in the process.  So something material must have changed somewhere, which probably demands a new round of due diligence etc, you’d assume.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

Maybe. But his first bid clearly wasn’t suitable or he’d have lasted longer in the process.  So something material must have changed somewhere, which probably demands a new round of due diligence etc, you’d assume.

I’m pretty sure that the admins were confident of getting more money up front when he dropped our last time - seem to remember he was offering £30m per season for 2 years whereas the admins wanted it all up front and we’re looking to get £50-60m. If the other bidders are all now offering well under £30m total (possibly a lot less than that) then his total offer may be the best even if he’s dropped the amount per year - or alternatively he may be the only one making an offer….

9 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Folk are so desperate for a preferred bidder that if Vladimir Putin put in an offer they'd pull up a seat for him and pour him a large VAT.  

No one is about to be announced tonight or tomorrow. Have an early night.

Every time there’s a sniff of positivity you sneak out the shadows and put your negative stink all over it.

Perhaps you should have the early night.

Edited by roboto

5 minutes ago, roboto said:

Every time there’s a sniff of positivity you sneak out the shadows and put your negative stink all over it.

Perhaps you should have the early night.

Seeing there hasn’t been any positive news for months then he’s obviously been right then!?

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

That doesn’t make it any more real. 

No I never said it did. It's just another person who has heard the same rumours. For what it's worth I don't think anything will happen tomorrow or any time soon. I'll believe it when I see it.