The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, curb said:

Because if whoever is bidding for the club is not offering enough to pay football creditors and HMRC, so not satisfying the EFL to keep the league membership, then the bid is effectively worthless. They may as well wait and start up a new company and buy the name and history.

Not so, we could still be sold kicked out of the EFL and hopefully the FA would have us placed in the conference - without a point deduction as well 

59 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Council buying the stadium and leasing it back with a purchase options is a great idea.

We've got some weird ducking 'supporters' on here, determined to find a problem with every solution ?

Smart move by the council.

Yes it's expensive initially, but I think the investment return would be a lot better than investing in government bonds or a bank at this time.

Stock markets highly volatile, bricks and mortar seems a good idea.

Derby county is supposedly worth 100 million a year to Derby, so saving that income stream helps.

I think that they could also look at selling different % of the club to the owners over a given period of time, that could attract the new owners.

https://www.propertyweek.com/news-analysis/who-owns-premier-league-stadiums/5090883.article

Brighton, newcastle, Manchester City, Swansea are examples of where the local authority owns the football stadium and makes money from the ground.

18 minutes ago, nottingram said:

But in both cases the buyers will have paid £30m for the club with no stadium then have to pay annual leasing costs?

Always struck me was that the issue was essentially that if the buyer was paying £30m they would want the stadium included within that 

True except the buyer needs to pay more than £30m if the stadium is included.

The Council will lose business rates on PPS if the club goes under, so may be worth more to the council than to another buyer of PPS., provided the club stays afloat. Maybe if Council paid £30m on condition that Morris uses that money to pay off some of DCFC debts , that helps everyone.  

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not so, we could still be sold kicked out of the EFL and hopefully the FA would have us placed in the conference - without a point deduction as well 

Whoop whoop…..Conference North best for me as AFC Telford only 5 mins away….the idea is growing on me…..??

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I can understand exactly why Mel might be willing to sell the stadium to DCC for a lower price than to a potential buyer of the club - because it would be effectively enabling a public body to take ownership of a community asset for less than half its value rather than a potential asset-stripper who could immediately flip the stadium ownership to a third party for a profit. 

I assume that was mooted with them in a meeting a couple of months ago.  He'll have to deduct the 170 k he hasn't paid them.

15 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Because we don’t want to spend 2 or 3 months trying to get over the line with a PB only for them to pull out and we’re back to square one. Wigan went through 4 preferred bidders before they got out of admin.  If that happens to us, with so much wasted time, we’re just dead.  We need to make the right decision now.

The same Wigan whose administrators are mouthing off about how great they were?

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

True except the buyer needs to pay more than £30m if the stadium is included.

The Council will lose business rates on PPS if the club goes under, so may be worth more to the council than to another buyer of PPS., provided the club stays afloat. Maybe if Council paid £30m on condition that Morris uses that money to pay off some of DCFC debts , that helps everyone.  

There is also a government leveling up fund that I believe helped Bury but their ground

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Doesn't look like it's mentioned, but no Derby County, no council tax paid on Pride Park. Possibly even Moor Farm, but not sure that's in City limits?

I'm sure that doesn't touch the sides of the £22m price tag currently on the stadium, but...

Moor Farm is in Erewash, for council purposes.

I think @86 Hair Islands has pretty much nailed it with his last few posts, in fact in many ways I believe the council owning the stadium could be the best solution, rather than the last resort.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Moor Farm is in Erewash, for council purposes.

I think @86 Hair Islands has pretty much nailed it with his last few posts, in fact in many ways I believe the council owning the stadium could be the best solution, rather than the last resort.

I agree, and a couple of additional points

It could help the council save money if they use the venue for events that they would previously have bought in from other providers.

I would like to see a better use of the building out of football hours, with better community rates all round. The prices charged by DCFC were ridiculous, meaning it sits empty far too much of the time. I booked conferences etc from other private providers in the past because of their extortionate rates. 

The club should have a better 'community' focus, rather than the current 'corporate' one.

On the argument about use of local council taxpayers money, there are many people who don't get much benefit from bus subsidies, social care services, libraries, parks, swimming pools, velodrome, residential accommodation,  etc etc etc. A council is there to provide a variety of services that benefit the community and the football community in the city is huge. Who's to decide which services are worthy and which aren't? I think a lot of people who never even set foot in Pride Park would consider themselves to be fans and take a pride in 'their' Club. The wellbeing this creates when times are good is huge and shouldn't be underestimated. 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

It could help the council save money if they use the venue for events that they would previously have bought in from other providers.

I would like to see a better use of the building out of football hours, with better community rates all round. The prices charged by DCFC were ridiculous, meaning it sits empty far too much of the time. I booked conferences etc from other private providers in the past because of their extortionate rates. 

The club should have a better 'community' focus, rather than the current 'corporate' one.

On the argument about use of local council taxpayers money, there are many people who don't get much benefit from bus subsidies, social care services, libraries, parks, swimming pools, velodrome, residential accommodation,  etc etc etc. A council is there to provide a variety of services that benefit the community and the football community in the city is huge. Who's to decide which services are worthy and which aren't? I think a lot of people who never even set foot in Pride Park would consider themselves to be fans and take a pride in 'their' Club. The wellbeing this creates when times are good is huge and shouldn't be underestimated. 

Agree mate. It's a broad church out there and Derby County are part of our community. Never used the velodrome but I think it's a great community asset for those that do. Nothing wrong with the council investing in PP. Used by many and the council will get their money back and some, at some point in the future. 

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

This, this, and this again.