The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

He would pass it as they have a 2 strike rule. However there must be a rule that an owner cannot rebuy his company DCFC as that would inefficient get rid of the debts he has run up. Also he would not be welcome. If he wants to do something put the stadium in a trust called Derby County Football Club or give it to the new owner 

Whilst I can’t imagine it happening if it was the only option to keep the club going I wouldn’t discourage him - it seems there are other options available though 

38 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I had it on good authority that it was MM intention from the start of admin to stick around DCFC and somehow remain as owner presumably with less debt and the EFL / Gibson off our backs.

I was a little sceptical about this information but this has certainly backed it a bit in recent days.

Imo it's madness but then again this is DCFC so nothing is off the table.

It is highly likely.  The debt can be carried over.  It happened at Coventry City.  The owners put us into administration and the administrators invited bids.   Nobody could touch SISU because they's simply restructured the debt and therefore blown everyone else out of the running.

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

I don't see why they should be, it's the same amount of games and it's Derby you're there to watch, not the opposition.

True enough - I actually haven’t noticed an opposition player for many a season - it’s been rather average hasn’t it 

5 minutes ago, Flying Fokker said:

It is highly likely.  The debt can be carried over.  It happened at Coventry City.  The owners put us into administration and the administrators invited bids.   Nobody could touch SISU because they's simply restructured the debt and therefore blown everyone else out of the running.

Stop trying to cheer us up ! 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

True enough - I actually haven’t noticed an opposition player for many a season - it’s been rather average hasn’t it 

For shame, when Matt Clarke returned with WBA a few months back after having been here the 2 seasons prior I didn't recognise that he was playing against us.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I can’t see season tickets being lower in league one - it should be but it won’t be happening certainly not initially 

As an idea of what might be charged, probably would look to charge amongst the highest of these average rates for the 2022/23 season.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19477639.bolton-wanderers-2021-22-season-ticket-prices-compare-rest-league-one/

Here is a full list of price ranges for adults' season tickets in League One for 2021/22..

AFC Wimbledon – £380-£525

Accrington Stanley - £229

Bolton Wanderers – £248-£366

Burton Albion - £301-£423

Cambridge United - £319-£425

Charlton Athletic - £260-£575

Cheltenham Town - £255-£481

Crewe Alexandra - £395

Doncaster Rovers - £299-£395

Fleetwood Town - £170

Gillingham - £321-£435

Ipswich Town - £352-£470

Lincoln City - £359-£429

MK Dons - £230

Morecambe - £150-£300

Oxford United - £329-£500

Plymouth Argyle - £288-£395

Portsmouth - £313

Rotherham United - £355-£395

Sheffield Wednesday - £365-£495

Shrewsbury Town - £305-£465

Sunderland - £340-£465

Wigan Athletic - £299-£369

Wycombe Wanderers - £380-£494

6 minutes ago, Oldben said:

As an idea of what might be charged, probably would look to charge amongst the highest of these average rates for the 2022/23 season.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19477639.bolton-wanderers-2021-22-season-ticket-prices-compare-rest-league-one/

Here is a full list of price ranges for adults' season tickets in League One for 2021/22..

Crewe Alexandra - £395

Fleetwood Town - £170

Gillingham - £321-£435

Ipswich Town - £352-£470

Lincoln City - £359-£429

MK Dons - £230

Morecambe - £150-£300

Portsmouth - £313

Sunderland - £340-£465

I would not expect the cost of my season ticket to change next season . So we will be the highest prices in League One. Personally I would gladly pay that although would prefer we could stay up by some miracle. 

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Talk about Chinese whispers ???

OK here goes.

Chinese whispers is a game where a group of people will line up, The 1st person will whisper something in the next persons ear, This will be followed by the next person to the next person until the message reaches the last person, The last person then tells all what they were whispered, The 1st person who started the whisper will then either say...yes it's what I said, Or no it wasn't what I said.

The best would be is if you could get say 10 Chinese people to play the game, That would really be fun as it would be more authentic to have chinese people playing Chinese whispers.

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Crewe Alexandra - £395

Fleetwood Town - £170

Gillingham - £321-£435

Ipswich Town - £352-£470

Lincoln City - £359-£429

MK Dons - £230

Morecambe - £150-£300

Portsmouth - £313

Sunderland - £340-£465

Wycombe nearly £500, notSeason 4 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

more

mr burns GIF

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

I had it on good authority that it was MM intention from the start of admin to stick around DCFC and somehow remain as owner presumably with less debt and the EFL / Gibson off our backs.

I was a little sceptical about this information but this has certainly backed it a bit in recent days.

Imo it's madness but then again this is DCFC so nothing is off the table.

Surely not. If this is true, drop 'club' and lets just be known as Derby County Football Circus.

Maybe just wishful thinking but I can’t see anyone buying the club and not offering enough funds to avoid the further 15 points deductions. 
The admins have been dealt a difficult hand with Boro case and the stadium issues but they have made a pigs ear of this. The two options in January were either sell players and accept relegation but avoid any further points deductions. Or hold on to players, risk the 15 points but have a good chance of staying up. If what is being reported is true we are going to have the worst of both worlds. Relegation and -15 points

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

OK here goes.

Chinese whispers is a game where a group of people will line up, The 1st person will whisper something in the next persons ear, This will be followed by the next person to the next person until the message reaches the last person, The last person then tells all what they were whispered, The 1st person who started the whisper will then either say...yes it's what I said, Or no it wasn't what I said.

The best would be is if you could get say 10 Chinese people to play the game, That would really be fun as it would be more authentic to have chinese people playing Chinese whispers.

Excellent...fancy a game????

25 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Fewer people would buy a season ticket so I guess they would be cheaper. 

I'm not so sure we'd lose that many ST holders if we go down.

Probably get less match day tickets sold initially, while people wait and see what's happening on the pitch. 

33 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

OK here goes.

Buzzzz - Repetition