The Administration Thread

Boycie

On 15/03/2022 at 12:06, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They'd be right.  I find Birds sausage rolls smaller, more gristly and with excessive pastry nowadays.  The pasties tend to be of better quality though but they don't do the peppered steak anymore.  If they start using brown sauce with egg an immediate investigations required and the stories believable, with just bacon is perfectly fine.

You should try Bird’s Caramel Cream Doughnuts. OOOHHHH BOY!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Well like a lot of people I am getting hacked off with Quantuma now but in fairness their statement seems to be in response to a spectacularly unhelpful letter from BAWT, which quoted from pond life like Maguire and Nixon. As such I think the appropriate response to BAWT would indeed be to eff off.  They haven't even addressed the loss of Ebosele though which is the  biggest dropped baalock made by  Quantuma so far.  

Not necessarily they have sold Ebosele so the club get the money,if we are liquidated the players registrations pass to the EFL so any money then raised by selling him goes into EFL coffers. Make of that what you want.

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Any fans of Quantuma still lurking?

As I have said before and was lambasted for, Q have acted entirely amateurish and it has all the hallmarks that Mel Morris still has his dirty little fingers involved in this particular pie. 

People have buried their heads in the sand in hope and blind faith, and I understand why.  But from not cutting costs earlier, to not acknowledging issues and thinking they would just go away, to absolutely disgraceful levels of communication, led by either ignorance arrogance or maybe both.  

2 minutes ago, SBW said:

As I have said before and was lambasted for, Q have acted entirely amateurish and it has all the hallmarks that Mel Morris still has his dirty little fingers involved in this particular pie. 

People have buried their heads in the sand in hope and blind faith, and I understand why.  But from not cutting costs earlier, to not acknowledging issues and thinking they would just go away, to absolutely disgraceful levels of communication, led by either ignorance arrogance or maybe both.  

My thoughts entirely. Well put

51 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

And if the assets of the business that is in administration doesn't cover this minimum requirement when liquidated, then what? I'm assuming they have to accept a share of the amount available to all the creditors

So any potential buyer would only need to offer slightly more than the current assets of the business, to give any creditor a larger payment then it would receive if the business was liquidated.

It is not the current assets of the business which is the issue it is the amount of debt to be serviced. 

9 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Not necessarily they have sold Ebosele so the club get the money,if we are liquidated the players registrations pass to the EFL so any money then raised by selling him goes into EFL coffers. Make of that what you want.

What money, he's a free agent come the season's end? 

A pitiful amount of compensation, if anything, will be received.

On 03/03/2022 at 18:46, Unlucky Alf said:

This is just an old timers take on things...me

When we were 5 points behind Reading it looked like the great escape was on, Even TV pundits were applauding our efforts, Now with 4 defeats in 5 it's looking a very bigger ask, 11 games, 8 points behind Reading.

I would have thought the bidders were aware of what i've posted above, I've read posts on here that MA was all but confirmed on Friday as the PB...but summat went pearshaped, Fact or Fiction...I do not know.

If the reason bidders are waiting for relegation to be confirmed then TV money will be severely reduced, Making us a less atractive purchase on the football market, I'm sure this was factered in their thoughts, But it's looking more of a reality now than it was at the end of January.

Nothing factual just thoughts?

Have the mods given up with their update thread? Thought the B&W Together exchange with Quantuma was worth posting and would have saved wading through this thread!

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why? Its not the clubs asset.

Plenty of successful businesses don't own the premises they operate from.

If they want the ground because its an asset that can generate money, then pay for it.

If they they think its overprice because it doesnt generate anything then dont buy it.

Spot on. Looking at this logically, it seems likely this is now the stumbling block; the bidders are looking to have their cake and eat it as they know Morris has no leverage and are therefore assuming they can take the stadium for peanuts. The Binnie offer included a derisory £2M for the stadium which would probably equate to a 12 / 24 month lease.

I've no sympathy for Morris in this regard but the net result is that while Cashley and Morris enjoy their extended pissing match, we're losing prize assets like Ebosele seemingly every week. Quantuma have not covered themselves in glory but folk need to understand that the latest stumbling block is the greed of the bidders and the ex-owner's inability to honour his promises - 'I'll sell the club for £1.00'. Yeah, course you will Mel ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

Thanks for ruining our club Mel. I hope you are properly on the breadline (down to your last 5 million perhaps) and not sitting there watching our club be destroyed with still millions and millions to your name.

Gibson, Administrators, Wycombe, The EFL, Rush, Covid etc. They are not to blame. You spent/wasted so much money that you had to sell the ground to scam FFP. And you basically screwed that up too.

We were a club on the verge of the Premier League when you took over. Look at us now. Look at the abject waste of money. You did well with the academy, but what is the point of that when all our kids are leaving for nothing.

Hopefully someone who knows you will persuade you to pay off the debts to HMRC and our other creditors, then give the ground to the club. Why should the fans suffer for your scandalous mis-management? It's your fault!

I've had it with rich owners. Let's just run the club sustainably with the income from matchdays and tv revenue. Pay off our debts, give us our ground back, then disappear off to Sandbanks never to return.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

So what money have we made on Ebosele ? Thought he was out of contact in the summer so has effectively just walked away.

27 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Spot on. Looking at this logically, it seems likely this is now the stumbling block; the bidders are looking to have their cake and eat it as they know Morris has no leverage and are therefore assuming they can take the stadium for peanuts. The Binnie offer included a derisory £2M for the stadium which would probably equate to a 12 / 24 month lease.

I've no sympathy for Morris in this regard but the net result is that while Cashley and Morris enjoy their extended pissing match, we're losing prize assets like Ebosele seemingly every week. Quantuma have not covered themselves in glory but folk need to understand that the latest stumbling block is the greed of the bidders and the ex-owner's inability to honour his promises - 'I'll sell the club for £1.00'. Yeah, course you will Mel ?

Always struck me on the EFL's last misery bulletin it mentioned rent owed to the owner of Pride Park as an accruing debt .  How much and why if he owns at as a separate entity.  What does he bloody want.  That was a pound till he flew in on his cape 5 months late and came to an accord - which he actually wants a new owner to cover through the backdoor via agreement on the stadium.

38 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I've had it with rich owners. Let's just run the club sustainably with the income from matchdays and tv revenue. Pay off our debts, give us our ground back, then disappear off to Sandbanks never to return.

Don't want him near Sandbanks..he will be affecting house prices..

I don't find the Quantuma letter particularly encouraging. Basically asking for potential bidders to get in an offer as a matter of urgency and apparently they're still trying to strike up a sufficient valuation of the club. All of this is going on whilst our few remaining assets are either getting closer to the end of their contracts or are leaving. You have to ask what the duck are these lot playing at quite honestly. There are growing accusations at their lack of communication over a variety of issues that again make you think there is something not correct going on with them. 

The sad reality is we're on the verge of going down, we've got no actual bid on the table for the club, a shedload of debt and 5 players under contract for next season. It's such a mess it makes you wonder if starting afresh may be the best alternative.