The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

5 months so far.

Wigan were in administration for 9 months(1 July 2020 - 30 March 2021)

Portsmouth were in administration for 14 months (17 Feb 2012 - 19 April 2013)

So perhaps the initial estimate of having the entire process wrapped up inside 3 months was ridiculously over-ambitious? Likewise every other forecast they've made. They can't have it both ways (and I know that's not what you're implying), even if we assume that this has been more challenging than the equivalent processes for Wigan and Portsmouth.

Honestly, I can't see for the life of me why Quantuma should be immune to criticism given their performance to date. Nobody forced Hoskins to make his latest series of bold claims after all, same as nobody forced him to make spurious claims about not selling off player assets without Wazza's knowledge only to then leave him to find out from social media. I mean really, does that speak to professionalism or something rather less?

It's not 'bashing' them as one poster put it, it's simply asking to what standards are these guys being held, if any, and by whom if not us? I mean, does anyone else really care but us fans right now, irrespective of our obvious inability to exercise any influence?

I’m getting sick and tired of these administrators. They constantly make statements saying one thing and delivering the other. You can’t blame the EFL for wanting assurances, they’ve given us extensions, now it’s up to the admin team to earn their pennies. 

Secondly - what benefit is it to the potential new owners for us to be docked 15 points next season? Yes - the initial outlay would be cheaper. But, if as reported the total debt is 60 million including the stadium, they’d be getting an 80 million stadium (allegedly) for a quarter of its value, an academy, a club with a good turnover even if in league 1 with a chance to reset the wages and expenditure. The lower earnings would potentially be for one season if we achieved promotion from League 1. Minus 15 means another season in league 1 at best, reduced turnover, sponsorship etc. Surely the millions saved in the initial outlay would be lost by a few seasons in league 1? 

1 minute ago, enachops said:

I’m getting sick and tired of these administrators. They constantly make statements saying one thing and delivering the other.

Give over - they know what they are doing

They've been administrators in Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook...

23 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So perhaps the initial estimate of having the entire process wrapped up inside 3 months was ridiculously over-ambitious? Likewise every other forecast they've made. They can't have it both ways (and I know that's not what you're implying), even if we assume that this has been more challenging than the equivalent processes for Wigan and Portsmouth.

Honestly, I can't see for the life of me why Quantuma should be immune to criticism given their performance to date. Nobody forced Hoskins to make his latest series of bold claims after all, same as nobody forced him to make spurious claims about not selling off player assets without Wazza's knowledge only to then leave him to find out from social media. I mean really, does that speak to professionalism or something rather less?

It's not 'bashing' them as one poster put it, it's simply asking to what standards are these guys being held, if any, and by whom if not us? I mean, does anyone else really care but us fans right now, irrespective of our obvious inability to exercise any influence?

It must be an insolvency practitioner thing. Most accountants I know say a longer deadline so the client is pleasantly surprised