The Administration Thread

Boycie

Intensely frustrating as it may be, the administrators know that whatever the immediate noise may be they will be judged by results ultimately.

They could seemingly be doing nothing but play golf, miss deadlines and coin in the big bucks whilst ignoring every attempt to discuss anything...but if Mike Ashley throws his wallet on the table and they announce him as the PB  everyone will be apologising and heralding them as ultra professional experts who kept quiet and diligently did their duty behind closed doors and have achieved exactly what they were asked to do.

Conversely they could answer every question, meet every deadline, work every hour God sends and be unbelievably dedicated and professional...but if we really are a basket case and ultimately no one is interested then everyone will have 20-20 hindsight and say it's clear they were chancers,  had no idea what they were doing and have lined their pockets at our expense. 

Patience is wearing thin, but it will all be forgotten if they bag a big fish. Another day or two will make no odds to how they are judged eventually, so as hard as it is we just need to take the longer view. 

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Intensely frustrating as it may be, the administrators know that whatever the immediate noise may be they will be judged by results ultimately.

They could seemingly be doing nothing but play golf, miss deadlines and coin in the big bucks whilst ignoring every attempt to discuss anything...but if Mike Ashley throws his wallet on the table and they announce him as the PB  everyone will be apologising and heralding them as ultra professional experts who kept quiet and diligently did their duty behind closed doors and have achieved exactly what they were asked to do.

Conversely they could answer every question, meet every deadline, work every hour God sends and be unbelievably dedicated and professional...but if we really are a basket case and ultimately no one is interested then everyone will have 20-20 hindsight and say it's clear they were chancers,  had no idea what they were doing and have lined their pockets at our expense. 

Patience is wearing thin, but it will all be forgotten if they bag a big fish. Another day or two will make no odds to how they are judged eventually, so as hard as it is we just need to take the longer view. 

Exactly this.......

Thing is it takes time. 

Rob Dorsett

@RobDorsettSky

·

Feb 24

2/2 Ex #nufc MD Lee Charnley was at Pride Park last night and it’s believed Mike Ashley DID bid. Total confidentiality from administrators, so not known if Andy Appleby consortium or Carlisle Group made formal offers. May be tmrw or later before preferred bidder confirmed. #dcfc

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

So perhaps Amanda Staveley is intent on messing up big Mike’s party by bringing in an unfake sheikh at the 11th hour. Or if not her, that nice man Mr Samuelson. It would certainly be worth the effort given the brokers fee they would earn

Problem for q is, if they get a blow out bid from a new bidder, it’s quite hard for them to ignore it. 

Unlikely at this stage though 

I was joking - it would never happen for us! Always wishful thinking though. My real dream is someone like Messi says he's always been a Derby fan and would happily play for nothing for us for his last 3 years which is even more unlikely!!!

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I was joking - it would never happen for us! Always wishful thinking though. My real dream is someone like Messi says he's always been a Derby fan and would happily play for nothing for us for his last 3 years which is even more unlikely!!!

He wouldn’t get in our team of young, up and coming raw talent. 

Gibson was always given as the reason for the sale not going through. Admins can’t use that any more. Are buyers holding back until we know which league we are going to be in? The only crumbs of evidence we have is the mood of Rooney. And he is looking a bit fed up at the moment.

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Gibson was always given as the reason for the sale not going through. Admins can’t use that any more. Are buyers holding back until we know which league we are going to be in? The only crumbs of evidence we have is the mood of Rooney. And he is looking a bit fed up at the moment.

Patience dear , we will know soon enough 

No buyers are holding back. Bids are in. They are going through the process. They will if they can want to try and entice increased bids if they have time which will prolong the process(they will know exactly how much time they have before anyone comments).

No one has been lying to us, things change negotiations can be complex I think they underestimated the obstinacy of the EFL and Gibson and that was the reason for their first timescales not being met. They are getting on with the job and we will have a PB when they are ready to name one. It is positive we have more than one bidder, if we had no one that would be the time to worry.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not that I have a long memory or anything but am still waiting for this article to appear on the Sky News website which a nameless poster on here said he heard on the TV before going to the Peterborough game last week stating that the PB would be announced. 

E01F9292-56A4-44FA-ABC1-5B5C188CCD05.gif

It’ll be Monday when they announce the preferred bidder! One thing that has been clear as day is that Quantama love dragging it out!

They have been nothing short of a farce! They could have informed Mel of the complication with Gibson before January, and we may have been able to keep hold of Plange, Jags, and Shinnie.

5 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It’ll be Monday when they announce the preferred bidder! One thing that has been clear as day is that Quantama love dragging it out!

They have been nothing short of a farce! They could have informed Mel of the complication with Gibson before January, and we may have been able to keep hold of Plange, Jags, and Shinnie.

Wasn't there an agreement where the EFL and Q agreed there would be no more penalties if Q agreed the final 9 points deduction?, Now could Q have been better at releasing information or at least no conflicting information, "imminant, Hopefull, 10 working days, Quick ending now" have all been used by Q, It's us and the media that have stripped and rebuilt their quotes.

Now assuming the EFL and Gibson had a "cunning plan" up their sleeves ie Boro sueing the EFL, The EFL not helping DCFC when Gibson issues threats of action if DCFC didn't pay up, And Moonpig jumps on the bandwagon as a makeweight, There's little to no reason as to why Q would know this until the EFL one Friday says...until you settle with Gibson we can't accept your PB, Pretty sure that Friday Q were very much caught off guard, And this is where we all believe where the colusion of the EFL and Gibson was born

Q have legal responsabilities to the crediters, Dragging it out as you say would mean the crediters get less of their loot, As Q are working for the crediters and IF the crediters feel that Q are for the want of a better word "taking the piss" then they could take Q to court.

The PB will be announced as and when all the T's have been crossed and the I's dotted

40 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

So Mel doesnt have an internet connection?

13 hours ago, richinspain said:

Several called the Bradley Johnson transfer.............

a ducking joke

a ducking waste of money

a complete duck up.......

I'm sure there are more

It’s true Bradley cost a lot of money for an average player but that night at Old Trafford he was a man possessed, a beast. 

59 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not that I have a long memory or anything but am still waiting for this article to appear on the Sky News website which a nameless poster on here said he heard on the TV before going to the Peterborough game last week stating that the PB would be announced. 

I didn’t say web site I said sky news. I didn’t say anything about a PB either. Simply repeated the info that the journo said that 2 bids were in prior to the deadline.