The Administration Thread

Boycie

Now they’ve admitted that our original amortisation method wasn’t against the rules (as we all knew) can we resubmit our original accounts which wouldn’t have breached P&S by as much (so would result in a smaller points deduction) and also point out that by their admitting COVID has had a significant impact on club finances should mean that they shouldn’t have penalised us so heavily (if at all) for going into administration…..

41 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If DCFC and RFC both signed off on not appealing i'd have thought there's no right of appeal, If it's a case of a nod and a shake of the hands an appeal could be looked at by both clubs legal partners

True, but, they signed off believing there would be no rule changes.  EFL have moved the goal posts.

My original point is we should not of had to restate the accounts, becuase it appears our amortisation policy, was within the rules or why vote in a change to using the straightline amortisation policy....

Rotten to the core!!!!

Edited by RAM1966

1 hour ago, JfR said:

I don't disagree. It doesn't underdo that first breach in regard to use of an amortisation policy which didn't comply with FRS102. The issue I do have is that the EFL insisted that the accounts be resubmitted using a straight-line methodology, and opposed the club's argument that they could implement an FRS102 compliant non-straight-line amortisation policy, in line with the rulings made in the commission, in the resubmitted accounts.

yes 

and it is said that part of the reason for the delay that the oily Couhig complained of was that we first adopted a third method of amort.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Yes I agree time was a major issue for the administrators trying to sell the club .

I still think Boro had no legal case against Derby but time was of the essence.

Mel has done well for me to get a settlement with Boro but Wycombe is still a worry.

We have been stitched up by the EFL IMO time and time again .

Its really upsetting.

But hey ho hopefully the takeover will go ahead soon 

agree with every word except those in bold. Hoskin was clear we do not need to worry about Wycombe. I think the reason MM had to sort out Boro was that the admins couldn't afford to. It's the admins that are dealing w Wycombe because as they say it's not a block on sale.  I'd guess the reason for that is that even Couhig can't find a sports lawyer who will support his fetid claim

Hasn’t everyone had enough of being furious?

Surely it’s time to move on. No one is going to sue the EFL so people will not get satisfaction. It’s not going to happen and we are just going to look like a bunch of mard-arses in the eyes of the football world.

The recommendations of the fan led review regarding the EFL may or may not be implemented but that decision won’t be influenced by fans as we’ve already had our say.

The prospective buyers have been written to, the task on the pitch has become clearer and it looks extremely likely that DCFC will continue to exist so stop being furious and rejoice that we will go on.

1 hour ago, David said:

Clubs should have planned ahead for a global pandemic that saw stadiums close down, can't say they didn't see it coming!

Not sure about that, i was in London working that week when it started to go wrong... all nicely planned, go to see the Rams away at Milwall at the w/e and I Was in a client meeting on the Friday i think, got a text to say game is cancelled. On the Friday night i went to Covent garden and it was dead, even managed to sit down at the pub, on a Friday night! If someone told you no football at the w/e, Covent garden on a Friday night with a handful of people looking lost, you wouldn't believe it. It was surreal.

21 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Surely it’s time to move on. No one is going to sue the EFL so people will not get satisfaction. It’s not going to happen and we are just going to look like a bunch of mard-arses in the eyes of the football world.

The recommendations of the fan led review regarding the EFL may or may not be implemented but that decision won’t be influenced by fans as we’ve already had our say.

The prospective buyers have been written to, the task on the pitch has become clearer and it looks extremely likely that DCFC will continue to exist so stop being furious and rejoice that we will go on.

Your a better person than me!

I cant forgive Parry and Gibson for their concerted effort to destroy my football club and todays news underlining Parry's vindictiveness makes it worse.

Whatever happens, those two will never be forgiven and never welcome in Derby for me.

39 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Hell no! Not ITK or nowt, but I'm reliably informed that even the Queen has sent Rick and Trev a message expressing her distaste at this latest flagrant abuse of power.

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

They can think what that like to be fair .  No business should accept an additional 2 point deduction over and above what will be avoided by their competitors for the same issue.  Especially if it results in relegation.

37 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Nope, I'll be furious with Parry and Gibson until they are no longer involved with football.

And if the administrators don't get their act together and sort out who our new owners are. Then I'll be adding them to my list of people I'm furious with.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

The best screw you to the EFL is that we stay up. But I don't think we should simply let the EFL slink off just because we survive. We could be stuck with those clowns for a while longer. The amount of mental anguish their ineptitude has caused to many fans is simply unforgivable. They have had us over a barrel for getting on 3 seasons, our survival needs to be their demise.