The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

A payment to a charity from Mel and chosen by Gibson would massively save face on both sides and defuse the whole situation ahead of the game. Fingers crossed.

15 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The risk of other claimants crawling out of the woodwork renders the actual size of any payoff moot IMO.  If we settle at all, or a tribunal finds in 'Boro's favour, then what's to stop Leeds or Bristol City, or any other team that finished in or around us in previous seasons, from claiming?

See earlier.  Your on the same page as me .  If we pay one pound on this, it's a guarantee that others will come in .   Agreeing a pay off is financial suicide in the current any claims a gain climate.  Unfortunately, as a club we don't have the time or resource to see what we could levy back on others.  Sitting ducks .  Once again. it comes down to the EFL to stop the poo show.  The next ice age will happen first . And round we go.

it's a difficult one .  If they get anything,  you'll have other clubs stepping in trying to get something as there FFP is going to the wall.  We'll be back to square one without the resource to bat it off.  Some clubs are trying to claim they will fail FFP but that's because they couldn't sell a player to a premier league for a large sums of 20 million due to covid .  There trying to change regs based on this hypothetical ******** Absolute desperation, they'll all come sniffing. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It really depends who writes them. Matt Hughes was one who used to write absolute garbage. Martin Samuel wrote one excellent one piece and other useful snippets. It varies a lot… mostly the dAily mail is only fit for loo paper.

'Matt Hughes was one who used to write absolute garbage'. I suspect if you go back and read Hughes's pieces in the 12 months up to Admin that an awful lot of what he said at the time wasn't far from the actuality. It was all at a time when 90% of the fanbase were in total denial (or blissful ignorance) of the way everything was heading.

p.s. Please don't go back and share.

I must admit, I haven’t caught up with the 14,000+ posts on this thread. Generally just keeping up with the daily updates thread. 

Everyone seems a lot happier after the hull result though, and our healthier position in the league.

but as much as we’re all crunching the numbers for how likely we are to avoid relegation, it’s all academic if we go into liquidation. It doesn’t seem like much has happened over the last couple of weeks, apart from Mel’s challenge, which has debatable legal grounds, and Ashley doing the Hokey Cokey. Can we say we’re safe yet? Are we confident that things are progressing? Or are we just trundling towards the end of this month, hoping for another extension?

6 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

A payment to a charity from Mel and chosen by Gibson would massively save face on both sides and defuse the whole situation ahead of the game. Fingers crossed.

How would it save face for Gibson/Boro?

The whole premise of their reason for making a claim against Derby is because they lost out financially. To give up their claim for compensation for that loss would be akin to admitting they didn’t suffer financially. I can’t see how they can claim they lost out on £40m (or whatever ridiculous amount they came up with) but then settle for nothing.

53 minutes ago, Ramos said:

The same Mel who spent almost two years trying to get rid of us. He doesn’t want that and the EFL won’t allow it. The more this goes on the more I’m convinced Mike Ashley will takeover. 

There were rumours Mel could have had a windfall when the owners of candy crush (well the company) recently sold for billions.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/02/derby-county-update-11th-february-2022

Gibson and Morris were keen to develop an accord ahead of the Middlesbrough Vs Derby County fixture to be played at the Riverside Stadium tomorrow. The claim has clearly been the source of much concern to both sets of fans, and especially those of Derby County. The fact that a resolution has been discussed and agreed should be comforting to both sets of supporters.

Details of the accord shall remain private. However, it is important for all interested parties, including potential bidders, to be confident that the Middlesbrough claim will not be an impediment to Derby County progressing its plans for a sale of the club.

Carl Jackson, partner on behalf of Quantuma, the joint Administrators of Derby County, said: “We are pleased to see that an acceptable resolution has been identified which allows us to push forward with our plans for the sale of the club.”

Edited by Animal is a Ram

50 minutes ago, Mary Hindge said:

Anyone just hear Simon "Big words" Jordon on talks sport? Said that Dell might be the ones paying the administrators but funding them might still be Mel? 

Went over my simple head a bit but what I got from it was Mel might want some involvement in the club he doubts he would ever be allowed by the EFL to be a majority shareholder but he might still be holding it up? 

Only sharing this as not read anything like that on this thread regarding Mel still wanting/having some say on what happens to us, could explain why the administrators are taking so long with everything

Apart from me of course ?

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

'Matt Hughes was one who used to write absolute garbage'. I suspect if you go back and read Hughes's pieces in the 12 months up to Admin that an awful lot of what he said at the time wasn't far from the actuality. It was all at a time when 90% of the fanbase were in total denial (or blissful ignorance) of the way everything was heading.

p.s. Please don't go back and share.

Possibly me included .. I really didn’t expect us to go into admin. 

anyway we are where we are and have to do everything We can do to get out if this if Kevin will let us. 

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Interesting, lets hope nothing gets' leaked' that should allow another fantasy creditor to join the human centipede.  Talking of which, what's happening with the Wycombe arse end.  It's a start.  An accord leads me to think its a legal way forward rather than agreement of payment.