The Administration Thread

Boycie

22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t doubt that we delayed the submission of our amended accounts as long as possible partly, if not fully, in order to avoid the points being deducted last season but, it doesn’t matter what he THINKS we should have done. We did what we did within the deadlines set by the EFL.

Being really pedantic the (independent) LAP set the first deadline of August 18th and the EFL AGREED an extension. It matters not as both were after the season had started so I agree how he believes we could be at fault baffles me.

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t doubt that we delayed the submission of our amended accounts as long as possible partly, if not fully, in order to avoid the points being deducted last season but, it doesn’t matter what he THINKS we should have done. We did what we did within the deadlines set by the EFL.

The other thing is, the delay was largely us and the EFL arguing over the exact form of the accounts we were going to submit.  The sanction hearing didn't specify the exact form of what we were required to submit, only that they be FRS102 compliant.  So what happens if we just submitted them straight away?  We almost certainly submit a set that clears us completely of all breaches, the EFL charges us with non-compliant accounts, and the whole rigmarole kicks off again.  And still no points deduction last season...

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

and the worst take of the day (so far) goes to...

Standard clickbait stuff, I guess.

Wait, a team signed a player and pay him a wage to work for them? OMG! How dare we actually use him to do his job when we have half a dozen U16s we might be able to field instead.

Also, where has he plucked his figures out of the air from? Do we honestly think that we've only paid £2m of the instalments to Arsenal so far when he's been with us for 3 seasons?

8 minutes ago, roboto said:

Wait, a team signed a player and pay him a wage to work for them? OMG! How dare we actually use him to do his job when we have half a dozen U16s we might be able to field instead.

Also, where has he plucked his figures out of the air from? Do we honestly think that we've only paid £2m of the instalments to Arsenal so far when he's been with us for 3 seasons?

I think his suggestion would be we let him go on a free and still owe Arsenal 8 million pounds .  He also seems to suggest that we've had access to this player for the season rather than 20 mins.  Not sure that many clubs are willing to sign a player with a busted knee on 20 k a week for 12 months of no game time .

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think his suggestion would be we let him go on a free and still owe Arsenal 8 million pounds .  He also seems to suggest that we've had access to this player for the season rather than 20 mins.  Not sure that many clubs are willing to sign a player with a busted knee on 20 k a week for 12 months of no game time .

Yeah, we should give all our assets away for nothing and not be competitive.   The club will literally have no value, no one will buy us and our creditors will lose out.

That's always assuming we could force people out the door against their will for less wages elsewhere.

34 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm actually really pleased to see this. Durham is a prize twit to the point where I suffer a crisis of conscience if I'm ever in agreement with him on anything.

41 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Is everybody ok with Forest letting a player who cost 13.5 million over 5 years, go to a parent club in the last transfer window before he's in the last year on an undisclosed fee of lets say er.... 13.5 million, thereby letting them bring in 3 players and avoiding selling Johnson to cover FFP loss.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

9 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

Because all other Teams pay for their players in cash? First time I'm posted in four years I'm so mad! 

I totally agree with your sentiment, but please don't waste any energy getting angry with Adrian Durham. The guy is basically a professional clown. He gets paid to make a fool of himself.

Edited by Anon

I think Andy Durham wants to spend more time thinking about his own position.

I listen to Talksport Drive and can honestly say that Andy Goldstein and Darren Bent’s show is 10x better than Durham’s.

Goldstein and Bent’s show is genuinely funny and lighthearted, Durham relies on shock-jock sound bites meant to rile people up and get the phone lines buzzing - His show is about as cheery as a dose of COVID.

I’m certain the Talksport hierarchy are on to this and Goldstein will be taking over Drive permanently and then Durham can bore off somewhere, hopefully!

?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I do wish the EFL would just point this out to Couhig and the Wycombe 'fans'. Why is it so difficult?

I mentioned this in an email to Rick Parry last weekend and the comments of the Sheff Wed and Brum cases.  He didn’t acknowledge that point just that they need a PB in the room and Mel could still help.  I did copy in Margaret Beckett and Pauline Latham so it won’t be lost on them!!

Edited by FlyBritishMidland