The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

We don't get the Sky tv money,whilst the club is in administration, the money is retained by the EFL in the event of the club going into liquidation and is then used to pay off football creditors.

So it’s being used to pay creditors . Which is what the admin team want. We don’t have any football creditors though do we apart from Arsenal and Lech and neither of them are in the Efl.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

How many are available to leave on a free in the summer? The administrators cannot reduce the club to a state to any less that it already is

You're confusing Administration with Liquidation. If their only job was to sell assets to obtain money for creditors, they'd be appointed as Liquidators and we'd already have been kicked out of the EFL. With debts of £60M, saving the club is going to be the best chance of returning the maximum possible to Creditors. 

Bear in mind that, even out of Contract, compensation is due for all players under 24 when they're registered by a new club. The EFL collects this to distribute to football creditors. So not selling now doesn't mean that all such players have no value to creditors should the club fold. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

So it’s being used to pay creditors . Which is what the admin team want. We don’t have any football creditors though do we apart from Arsenal and Lech and neither of them are in the Efl.

Only in the event of liquidation. We do have football creditors as that includes paying up the players contracts.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Maybe they're building a little pot to give Gibson & Couhig if they're (as ridiculous as it would be) found to be football creditors. Got to look after those two, after all.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lawrence's play/goals could keep us up. 

Maybe the bidders fancy buying a Championship Club after all?

I am not saying sell him - I have for the past 3 seasons ! But not this season and at this junction in time there isn’t any point if the administrators want to sell match tickets 

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

At this moment in time,if i were a creditor i would be pushing the administrators as to why players haven't been sold while they have the chance,there is no guarantee of more money in the future. As for never coming out of administration EFL rules clearly state "no club is allowed to remain in administration for Two consecutive seasons"

I imagine the creditors are clever enough to know they get more if a club is taken over rather than liquidated. For the former to happen, this club must retain its players.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Could this be why they will not rule on Middlesbrough and WW being football creditors? If they are deemed football creditors it could mean they have effectively siphoned off money to save for their own board members…..which might be illegal. 

FWIW Im kinda glad nothing has come out of that meeting in that, like Parry the administrators have said, there’s been too much noise going on surrounding them. Thing is on the one side we want less EFL leaks, but then crying foul because no one is saying anything.

Obviously we all want to hear something positive asap, but there’s still a long way to go. I’ll reiterate what I said in the Rooney thread, maybe it’s time to focus on being a fan and gearing up for Sunday and not distracting ourselves/the club with all the other goings on until something worthwhile is said. Maybe it’s time to take a step back and concentrate on the football and what we can do in the ground?

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Apart from Belick and Jozwiak transfer fees which we do have to pay for all players we don’t really know if we owe anything still for Bryne or Marshall and I would suspect that Cocu and his team are football creditors and I hate to say or think it - Agents may well be owed money by the club and also classed as football creditors - I won’t even speak of the two parasite club owners 

Edited by Sparkle

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do you reckon is causing the 'hold up' after the EFL statement about 'positive' thingamajigs Pete? Or do you think the statement was to keep the EFL away from the politicos?

We've got 'three' bidders and an amount to see us to the end of the season needed. Why aren't we green to go? Do you think they've got different sale prices depending on whether we do the 'great Escape' or not?

I think the silence from both sides is positive. The administrators have clearly persuaded the efl that leaking stuff isn’t helping. 

It could be that the talks are continuing today. Maybe the efl wanted to talk to the Binnies or one of the other possible PBs and that can only be done today. Perhaps both sides had to go back to others - creditors or their board to update them  

It would be a good thing if the February 1st date could be extended. It would be great if the administrator could persuade the efl that we have enough money for the rest of the season. I would be surprised if the efl made any comments about the claims until their process- whatever it is - has finished. What we need is some short term funding, some time free of threats and a PB that we know are going to meet the efl requirements.