The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, David said:

Whilst I would prefer the EFL to push Boro and Wycombe out the way, this has to be the next best solution, someone willing to accept the claims and take them on head to head. 

Just hope that the offer is one that covers everything to avoid the further -15 point penalty. 

Without knowing anything about Carlisle Capital, I’m quietly pleased because I think Ashley’s links to Gibson shouldn’t be ignored.

Pute conspiracy, but there could be a chance Gibson was trying to get the competition out of the way so Ashley could low ball Morris essentially. I have no proof but it did catch me that all Ashley links have come from reporters who we can presume are getting info from Gibson/EFL.

So to get a bid in and hopefully stop that, feels a positive step forward?

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If it's just the Binnie family just after taking a quick look at the personal net worth I can't see how they'd have the capital to complete a takeover and guarantee the claims from boro and wycombe. But I may be (and hope I am) completely wrong about that.

Someone else must be involved. Surely?

Looks like the father was quite high up in the state Republican Party and had a failed bid for Senate in 2010, maybe it's a political connection? And no, not Trump ?

That is the only explanation I have...

Edit: Wiki suggests he has said he is looking at running again.  I suspect political connections may indeed be the source.

Edited by MK-Ram

Doesn’t the administrator have a duty to the creditors to get the best deal for them?

So even if these guys do agree to a future contingent liability to Middlesbrough and Wycombe, they might not be the highest bidder and therefore the admins may not be able to select them.

As with anything … this might be good news, it might not be. Who knows??

Just now, Malty said:

Doesn’t the administrator have a duty to the creditors to get the best deal for them?

So even if these guys do agree to a future contingent liability to Middlesbrough and Wycombe, they might not be the highest bidder and therefore the admins may not be able to select them.

As with anything … this might be good news, it might not be. Who knows??

If this is the highest bid that can move forward with takeover and is higher than liquidation then surely that is the best deal for the creditors?

9 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst I would prefer the EFL to push Boro and Wycombe out the way, this has to be the next best solution, someone willing to accept the claims and take them on head to head. 

Just hope that the offer is one that covers everything to avoid the further -15 point penalty. 

Obviously the EFL shutting the cretins down is the most expedient route out of the mess were in. But if we genuinely have a bidder willing to take them on, I think I'd much rather go that route.  We get a definitive statement one and for all about the rights and wrongs of it.  If the issue gets booted out during admin then we'll never hear the end of it.

And if we're doing fantasy admin exits, a ruling that we were in the right all along on the amortization issue would be just lovely.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If it's just the Binnie family just after taking a quick look at the personal net worth I can't see how they'd have the capital to complete a takeover and guarantee the claims from boro and wycombe. But I may be (and hope I am) completely wrong about that.

Where are you getting any information on this? I can't find anything reliable. 

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

Obviously the EFL shutting the cretins down is the most expedient route out of the mess were in. But if we genuinely have a bidder willing to take them on, I think I'd much rather go that route.  We get a definitive statement one and for all about the rights and wrongs of it.  If the issue gets booted out during admin then we'll never hear the end of it.

And if we're doing fantasy admin exits, a ruling that we were in the right all along on the amortization issue would be just lovely.

Yeah, I'm torn if I'm honest, bit like do you want automatic promotion or the play offs?

Automatic promotion = EFL shutting the Boro and Wycombe claims down

Play offs = A day out in court, winning would be a great day, losing one of the worst you can imagine as a football fan. We're favourites, but we saw what happened with QPR.

1 minute ago, MK-Ram said:

Someone else must be involved. Surely?

Looks like the father was quite high up in the state Republican Party and had a failed bid for Senate in 2010, maybe it's a political connection? And no, not Trump ?

That is the only explanation I have...

Seems to have made a substantial portion of his wealth from selling some stations for almost 100 million dollars. Seems he used to be a relatively big player in the New Hampshire state republican party but that's hardly a massive deal tbh.