The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Fed up of arguing with brainless ****** fans on twitter, the bitterness from not getting Buchanan on the cheap is embarrassing. Apparently we have to sell players it’s the only way it’s all on us for “cheating” nothing to do with the EFL Boro or Wycombe.

Having a sister club buying your players for you to bend FFP rules is a loophole that one day the EFL could decide is “cheating”-and against their make it up as you go along rule book, they should be careful what they wish for. 

An independent verification from the EFL that transfers between clubs with the same owner to ensure all deals represent a fair market value might help.

1 hour ago, Pikeyram said:

All of this talk, I want to know what we can action now to help the situation, do we keep writing to MPs,media etc?

I feel so helpless, but I need to help my fabulous football club before it's too late.

Suggestions please....

We can’t really do much. It boils down to needing a buyer quickly and hope the administrator is on our side and not doing Mels dirty work.

Nixon was told by the weekend we’ll have the seasons money in the bank. If the administrator messes us about again they’ll face a revolt imo!

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Can anyone explain why the TV revenue is withheld ?

No actual knowledge on it but having seen how the EFL work I'd guess there's a rule somewhere that says TV money can't be paid to a club in administration and is held in an account to pay football creditors if the worst happens.

Seems counter productive to then say we need you to prove you can fund yourself for the season but we're withholding money you'd normally be getting though or is that just me?

1 minute ago, Ram Bam said:

No actual knowledge on it but having seen how the EFL work I'd guess there's a rule somewhere that says TV money can't be paid to a club in administration and is held in an account to pay football creditors if the worst happens.

Seems counter productive to then say we need you to prove you can fund yourself for the season but we're withholding money you'd normally be getting though or is that just me?

That sounds sensible. But, as you say, the money should be released as soon as administration is exited, and should be included in proof of funds calculations. 

Just a thought, Gibson is convinced Waghorn came to Derby because of the money.  Is there any proof of that? From what I remember at the time, all of the players we signed in that season were saying that Lampard was the major pull. 

Not saying that money wasn't a factor but is it right to lodge a legal claim based on it being the sole pull?

2 hours ago, OUFCfan said:

Thanks for this, 1 thing I don't get though, if the claims are as frivolous as most on here seem to say (I genuinely have no idea what they are btw), then why has it put bidders off? Surely they and their lawyers would look at it, know it's no risk and carry on?

Because the claims will probably be seen by the ‘independent’ EFL panel, who have already admitted they swerved legal action from Gibson on the basis they went after us. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Btw am I the only one confused why the administrators have presented funding scenarios to the efl rather than simply getting the funding scenario that is most pleasing for the preferred bidder and best for the club? 

I presume to show that not all 3 of them will work. A scenario isn't necessarily successful. They will suggest that best scenario or best 2 scenarios are dependent on  change of stance from the EFL. 

7 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

EFL rules really do kick you when you’re down don’t they. 

And Sky keep choosing us for TV!

We get to keep the Televised money, It's the TV money at the beging of the season that we miss out on...I think