The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Thanks for the info Iram ? This is not my area of expertise at all so did not know the administrators needed to get agreement with the preferred bidder ? 

No problem mate. I don’t think the Administrators would be doing anything proactive currently without the agreement of the preferred bidder. If they haven’t got a preferred bidder on side they may as well, and will, close the gates.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No problem mate. I don’t think the Administrators would be doing anything proactive currently without the agreement of the preferred bidder. If they haven’t got a preferred bidder on side they may as well, and will, close the gates.

Agree with this, I feel sure any lender would want the loan to be underwritten by a guarantor, otherwise there would be a high risk of losing almost all the capital. Suggests a PB is in place but not announced.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No one cancelled any FA cup games due to covid or injuries did they - plenty have done before and after in the Championship and premiership who are no doubt ‘Cheating’ to get a perceived better team on the pitch which is all about money not that Middlesbrough did this recently vs Sheffield United - the truth will come out because you are dealing with human beings

I understand Sparkle, I was just thinking out loud

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At a time when football finances are so tight, would the National League be willing to reject such vast sums of money purely on principal?

Derby joining for next season has very little impact on structure, as teams are simply moving up to fill the void left by Derby in the Championship, leaving a gap at a lower level. Whereas Bury re-joining after missing a season would have, especially when their was no relegation or promotion at those levels.

Could we not rent PPS off whoever the new owner of the stadium would be? Why would we groundshare when we'd retain a large percentage of our current fanbase, and not dwindle in the low thousands as you seem to suggest.

I didn't really mean my post to come across as me stating facts, it could have done with a few more question marks! I meant more to highlight that it's not quite as simple as just restarting at a certain level and thought it was interesting reading. The NLS is something I've never researched tbh.

I don't have an answer to the first question. The league did actually back Bury's application before Covid when relegations & promotions were still in place, so I imagine you're correct.

On the second paragraph this was covered in part by others pointing out the same in terms of filling the void, although of course that is reliant on us getting our poo together and forming a new club, applying for league status etc before it's filled by someone else.

Renting PPS would depend on how much money whoever owns it would charge. Who's to say what that would be and what we could afford at this stage? Honestly I have no idea.

I'm not actually convinced that we would retain a large percentage of our fanbase? I know quite a few people who say they'd be done with football entirely if we went under and couldn't bring themselves to watch the phoenix club. There are a lot of people who've fallen completely out of love with football in recent times.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

100%

Have we not got our own version of Ladbaby in Derby?  Whatever you think of the fella, he's done some serious good for communities everywhere, so maybe there's a YouTuber in our neck of the woods who could do something similar?

Not to resurrect an age old conversation but.....

What would the song be?

The Sheep Sheep song by Cher, perhaps?

Whilst I appreciate the BAWT and Rams Trust for what they do and how they go and get answers for supporters.

But it still irks me that Quantuma can't just speak to the fans as a whole. We're all supporters.

People on BAWT and Ramstrust don't support or love Derby County any more or any less than anyone of us.

It frustrates me that they come out and aren't allowed to say certain things that have been discussed or wait for approval before putting out what's been said.