The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It certainly seems like the admins rocked up with what they thought was a viable exit-plan, expecting to just get it rubber-stamped, and the EFL said no.  Whether it's down to out-of-date rules is still a bit unclear IMO.

This seems to be what Nixon* thinks:

*yes, I'm aware of what people think...

10 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I’m probably being a bit thick.

Did the EFL use out of date rules to stop us on Thursday?

I don't think you're being a bit thick, that's how I read it hence why everyone went into that meeting so confident and we were all flying along on a cloud of positivity following Rooney's presser, only to wake up the next morning in complete disbelief. 

Either that, or we're both a bit thick ?

21 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Last night I was mulling over what might be a reasonable comparison to this situation. It seems to me that this has parallels with what historically happened in a certain country in southern Europe. A Sicilian/Italian Gentlemen turns up at your business premises one day and informs you that on some baffling and spurious grounds that your business owes him some money... say for 'Fire Insurance'. When you say that there is no such money owed he gives you a wry smile and observes how flammable your premises look and he then lights up a big fat cigar with a match and flicks the match into your bin where you hurriedly stamp it out. They then take your response back to the head of the family/gang who then threaten terminal consequences for your business if you don't pay up by a certain date.

The EFL ?

So where are we at, As i've been on the blower to my Solicitor all Morning, No i'm not in Administration...moving house, Is it looking better than we were at Tea Time Friday evening?

Other than having 3 more points ?

Edited by Unlucky Alf

I know the MP for Burton and Uttoxeter. She is writing to the sports minister (although not sure how to link FB content, so I have copied and pasted):

"Kate Griffiths MP 

I am a keen follower of Burton Albion FC but as a lover of the game I am also aware of current issues facing Derby County FC.

I know there are many fans of the Rams in the Burton and Uttoxeter constituency who, like me, are concerned for the club’s future. I will be writing to the Sports Minister and join calls of neighbouring MPs for assistance."