The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Why do you think the admin team had a positive view that has now changed? 

Someone has made things more difficult than they expected. Who?

A clue maybe that yesterday there was a meeting with the Efl. So something changed there. 

jagielka offered and agreed a new deal. now cancelled. 

seems pretty clear the Efl are ducking us around.

This may be.

However, the administrators have had positive views before and nothing's changed. They've spent months being 'confident' of 'imminent' this or that.

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Thought this myself but maybe them paying £6m for Knight may raise a few questions from their fans. Even though that’s still a bargain for a player of his potential.

I think there's a big difference between helping us with a loan player and paying £6m for a player they don't want! Never going to happen.

Got the feeling of 2 minutes to midnight this. I've been fairly okay with he fact that someone would come and save Derby but now I genuinely fear for our future.

Nothing will be resolved until these spurious claims by Wycombe and Boro are dealt with. I don't see what option Derby has to resolve it as the EFL seem unwilling to do anything.

52 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

I don’t think anyone has answered my first question to this though? Has the EFL done this in the past? If this is the first instance then there is no precedent for them to do anything. 

We’ve been told again and again a preferred bidder was imminent. All the EFL have done today is ask where the money is for the rest of the season. 

To me it looks more likely no one is bidding for the club. 

The EFL have moved the goal posts. The Admin clearly stated a few weeks ago that the Club had revenue to last until circa 26th January. Therefore the tactic was to have a preferred bidder by then who would then cover - with £5M deposit at least - the rest of the season. So EFL know - move the goal posts beyond that and DCFC are stuffed and must therefore start a fire sale. It's a deliberate hard line. 

1 hour ago, Gritstone Tup said:

There isn’t a preferred bidder!

This is not the EFL’s fault. It’s Gibson, and Quantuma have let us down. Q  had assumed they could settle the claims,  and they had no plan B. So they are now in the position where even if they appoint a PB, that bidder won’t provide funding until Gibson is sorted. 

The thing that ultimately saves us now is a court order that ‘compresses’ the 2 claims. Q will get this if they prove everyone is better off under their plan than under liquidation. But it will take a while to come through and in the meantime our squad is weakened. And the admins costs and the penal ongoing interest rate pile up, making liquidation a bigger risk

Looks like Gibson will ruin our transfer window. After that things might fall into place - he might settle. If not, we limp on, and apply for the court order with Q regretting they underestimated Gibson’s malevolence 

Edited by kevinhectoring

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This may be.

However, the administrators have had positive views before and nothing's changed. They've spent months being 'confident' of 'imminent' this or that.

One month maybe. It does sound similar to Morris and his spinning. But these are professional guys now. So I think the common factor is the Efl just being impossible to deal with.

4 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

I think I know the real reason the EFL are doing all this…

… they just want to see if this thread can break the George Thorne transfer saga one. 

25 pages added in a couple of hours ?

That went to 500 pages and a second thread had to be put up if I recall. Not sure it'll ever be beaten, its the "11 points" of the forum. Unprecedented circumstances

Guess the statement comp:

The administration team would like to reassure fans that we are working as hard and fast( within certain parameters) to resolve the situation regarding the announcement of a preferred bidder for Derby County Football Club. We hope to have some positive news imminently or within the next 48 hours or two working days.

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

This is not the EFL’s fault. It’s Gibson, and Quantuma have let us down. Q  had assumed they could settle the claims,  and they had no plan B. So they are now in the position where even if they appoint a PB, that bidder won’t provide funding until Gibson is sorted. 

The thing that ultimately saves us now is a court order that ‘compresses’ the 2 claims. Q will get this if they prove everyone is better off under their plan than under liquidation. But it will take a while to come through and in the meantime our squad is weakened. And the admins costs and the penal ongoing interest rate pile up, making liquidation a bigger risk

Looks like Gibson will ruin our transfer window. After that things might fall into place - he might settle. If not, we limp on, apply for the court order with Q regretting they underestimated Gibson’s malevolence 

It isn’t just that our squad is weakened but also our balance sheet. Valuable assets sold at below proper prices. That could put off the buyers of the club for good.

So Gibson with Efl blessing is at risk of liquidating the club.

2 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

Gibson and EFL in cahoots and have got their way.

I’m beginning to think why would we want to be part of a league that doesn’t want us to survive and play. Had enough of them all.

Continually being restricted until we fold.  What happened the idea you only get penalised once for a mistake. We are being penalised continually.

i think they want to ensure we are relegated by whatever means they have at their disposal, but are pushing us to the brink.

Stupid question could we ask to join the SPL as the welsh clubs are in our league 

I don’t believe this is the fault of the administrators. They’ve not been the most transparent admittedly but as Owen Bradley alluded to, this is purely the fault of the efl ‘moving the goalposts’ just as we were ready to move forward. 

it’s actually laughable that the efl maintain that they are “continuing to try and find a solution with Derby”. How can they be putting 100% effort into finding a solution when they’ve got their tongue right up gibsons backside? 

Edited by Edinburgh ram

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If I was a Derby County player with a career in the sport, even as a Derby fan, I'd be banging the door to get out of the club. If I was the agent of any of the players in the club I would've worked day and night to get them out the club long before now. It's just as unfair on the current playing squad as it is ourselves, perhaps more so as for the past 12 months they've been told one thing then something else as happened.

As we sit here today, we can't even guarantee the club will be an entity in the next 5 months hence the actions by the EFL. What sort of self-respecting professional footballer would want to play in that environment? I can't imagine anything worse. I'd imagine most people on here will have been in companies where cuts are happening and the future is unsecure. Now, imagine you have the opportunity to get away from that environment to another that will offer you a secure future and perhaps more money. It's an absolute no-brainer. The players who are still here need to get their agent ducked off as soon as possible.  

We’ll fight to the end, you can just crawl away