The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

This is what I was just thinking. If I step back and look dispassionately at it;

1) we are asking EFL to allow us to spend money to sign/register players.

2) EFL know we cannot make it through season without more funds.

3) Funds come from new owner or sales.

4) We need new owner or sales.

As long as (big uncertain area of debate/argument/speculation on here) EFL are not obstructing club sale* then…

5) We need to crack on with club sale or sell players…. We new this all along.

*Key thing is then this..

Didn't we originally sign Jagielka and Baldock, then a few days later entered administration? The EFL won't want to be made fools of again.

I think this situation is a little confusing and surely, surely the only thing that rectifies these things is naming a preferred bidder?

I find it difficult to understand why we still can’t name a preferred bidder today. If the EFL are saying you can’t sign players till you show proof of funds. Surely we should be getting preferred bidder over the line before even thinking about trying to get contracts sorted etc? None of this as a narrative is making any sense (not that it has most the time anyway). I still feel like these stories coming out aren’t sitting right with what Wayne claimed to be communicated yesterday or what the admins said earlier this week. 

And why exactly does the admins need to tell staff about proof of funds at this point? Seems an odd thing to me to have to tell your entire workforce until there’s something actionable. Percy has probably read this forum seen the message about meetings and put two and two together. His credibility in my eyes has been shot these last two years. 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I hate the EFL as much as anyone - they're just not fit for purpose.

But if the club cannot provide proof that we can see the season out, that must mean we don't have a Preferred Bidder's non-refundable deposit.

In turn, that means that the Administrators do not have a preferred bidder.

That is more alarming than anything.

Forget the EFL.

Forget re-signing Jagielka.

Forget selling Knight and the others.

What's at stake here is whether we will still have a Derby County Football Club (in the form we know it).

Exactly. If the news is correct then the club is not that near to being sold so the EFL need proof of funds for the season. Maybe there hasn’t been an acceptable offer yet. 

17 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

If a preferred bidder was going to be announced today then that jagielka story wouldn’t be out so it’s not happening today 

2 minutes ago, chipperram said:

They don't want is to go out of business, they, like Gibson want us relegated, they are doing their best to ensure we can only field a weak team. Soft loans will be used to keep us going as a "business" however that business will be reduced to its lowest competitive level. They are forcing a punishment on us due to the fact they look mugs for agreeing our amortisation method/ground sale etc.i would call it"constuctive relegation".

Why don’t all the creditors sue the efl or Boro for preventing or delaying them getting their settlement

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This is what I don't get.

The preferred bidder is the one who will fund the club for the rest of the season.

Surely if we are allowed to announce a preferred bidder they can show proof of funds?

Are the EFL allowing us to name a preferred bidder?

If we're waiting for Ashley to place a formal bid, we won't be able to announce him as PB. I doubt it's the EFL holding it up, as stated by the admin team

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

One of Ashley or Appelby need to withdraw and leave the other as the only bidder. Then the admins can focus on the PB and going back to the creditors with a final settlement figure. Take it or leave it

Having options at this stage is holding things up.

I’m still not clear if Ashley has lodged a formal bid or just expressed interest.

Absolutely ridiculous comment. "Oh, I'm the only bidder? In that case, I can wipe 20m from my bid... take it or liquidise..."

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I hate the EFL as much as anyone - they're just not fit for purpose.

But if the club cannot provide proof that we can see the season out, that must mean we don't have a Preferred Bidder's non-refundable deposit.

In turn, that means that the Administrators do not have a preferred bidder.

That is more alarming than anything.

Forget the EFL.

Forget re-signing Jagielka.

Forget selling Knight and the others.

What's at stake here is whether we will still have a Derby County Football Club (in the form we know it).

No one is buying this club if the players are sold because there is nothing else to buy ! 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

If we're waiting for Ashley to place a formal bid, we won't be able to announce him as PB. I doubt it's the EFL holding it up, as stated by the admin team

Well just duck Ashley off and name Appleby then otherwise when players start to get sold what are buyers buying exactly. A league 1 club and buying the ground separately and that’s before buying a whole new squad of players. Don’t we have 15 out of contract 

Glass half full here but maybe we have a PB, have given a timeline to complete (admins said around a month in Sept) and EFL have asked OK, but if it takes longer show us you can keep the club running.

Dont get why the administrators would tell staff that.  It would be more about this is your new boss, this is when he’ll takeover, this is the plan, job security, etc.

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The fact that they still don’t own the club. Have second thoughts and the apprehension of the legal cases they may think 5 million is a big gamble 

Spot on…….. the uncertainty caused by Middlesboro and Wycombe claims make the £5m non-refundable deposit almost impossible.  Unfortunately it’s all a game being played by the EFL, Gibson et al with the prize being Derby relegation minimum

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Well just duck Ashley off and name Appleby then otherwise when players start to get sold what are buyers buying exactly. A league 1 club and buying the ground separately and that’s before buying a whole new squad of players. Don’t we have 15 out of contract 

If Ashley's proposed bid is better than Appleby's, then the Admin team will wait as long as possible for that offer to be made formal

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Rooneys got to stop coming out and giving these assurances. Numerous times now he’s made bold statements and not one of them has come to fruition.

All it’s doing is unsettling the fan base and causing more rumours and panic. 

Are people panicking on Twitter or something? It all seems very calm, and normal, on here this morning.

37 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

There is a major problem in selling players and to me it’s a major one - a potential buyer is buying nothing but debt, if the players are sold there is nothing to buy because you don’t get a ground because it’s a separate purchase and another £20 million - yes you could sell a Lawrence as it wouldn’t make a massive difference to us in my opinion but we would only be getting £500,000 to a £1 million at best which changes little whilst if you sell the youngsters at would be bargain basement prices you are left with nothing.  You would get the £30 million paid to cover debt with no stadium no players, league one football guaranteed and the optimistic hope that about 15,000 supporters every two weeks would pay all the Bills which wouldn’t cover it, Game set and match.

That is why the administrators are having difficulty making the club an attractive proposition to buyers, to make the club attractive they have to reduce costs, as you say we have nothing to sell but players, i am sure the creditors are watching proceedings very closely at present.