The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

There is the irony. When the EFL received millions of pounds in fines from QPR after their 2014 breach of FFP how much went to the main injured party? Ie DCFC. 
yep zero. The EFL kept the lot. 

I believe they are paying a total of £17 million over ten years and are nowhere near paying it off 

11 minutes ago, Rev said:

Didn't she borrow the money to buy her stake in Newcastle from Mike Ashley's company? 

That I don't know, She's a multi millionaire in her own right, I'd have thought her fella aint short of a bob or 2, She/her company owns 10% of the bar codes.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That I don't know, She's a multi millionaire in her own right, I'd have thought her fella aint short of a bob or 2, She/her company owns 10% of the bar codes.

It was in Private Eye a few weeks back, I'm fairly sure it was through the same private personal company of Ashley's that's linked to the new legal action.

There's nothing a rich person likes more than gambling with other people's money.

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

I certainly am, because we only know the small amounts of the admins are telling us or whatever snippets that might be semi reliable from journos. I'm summarizing from Nixon's implication, that is all. 

I think Nixon maybe just guessing as the EFL and the Administrators have not been releasing information, why would they take Nixon into their confidence ?‍♂️?

7 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I think Nixon maybe just guessing as the EFL and the Administrators have not been releasing information, why would they take Nixon into their confidence ?‍♂️?

"Don't immediatly tweet it or try to get the sun to pay you for it niko, but the real story is this....."

12 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

This is right. There is nothing from official quarters saying anything about why there has not been a preferred bidder. The Boro, Wycombe stuff is guesswork. 
It could just as easily have been that the admins got wind of Ashley’s interest around the time they were going to announce Appelby’s bid and wanted to listen to him.

Boro and Wycombe are not creditors and any legal action will take months to even come to court. These clubs have no grounds to stop a takeover as well as having no case.

I think a lot of fans are getting hot under the collar as normally happens on a Sunday when these journo’s are tasked to write their column and need to find an angle no matter how much total boIlocks it is.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I believe they are paying a total of £17 million over ten years and are nowhere near paying it off 

Think it’s nearer 21 million and then the owners were made to convert their losses into equity so effectively costing them personally about the same, I’m not 100% sure but at the time it was said that the fine goes to charity.

Edited by Bobby

I think the next 5 days are hugely critical in the direction the club will be taking.

Rooney was confident yesterday when saying he expects to be with Radio Derby next week having known who the preferred bidder was, foolishly optimistic maybe? We shall see. He has certainly been given the right noises from the admins.

4 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Think it’s nearer 21 million and then the owners were made to convert their losses into equity so effectively costing them personally about the same, I’m not 100% sure but at the time it was said that the fine goes to charity.

Just checked and the fine was 17 million but we had to pay 3 million costs on top.

The only reason QPR stopped the legal action was the EFL threatened to withdraw our golden ticket effectively blackmailing us into agreeing.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think the next 5 days are hugely critical in the direction the club will be taking.

Rooney was confident yesterday when saying he expects to be with Radio Derby next week having known who the preferred bidder was, foolishly optimistic maybe? We shall see. He has certainly been given the right noises from the admins.

Or he’s just pushing them

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m pretty sure that as part of the contract to be a member of the EFL, clubs can only pursue legal matters via the EFL and not outside of it. The EFL has punished Derby County already. That is the end of it. 

Wycombe and Middlesbrough are effectively breaching EFL rules. 

Publish that if true and watch them back off ?

23 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Just checked and the fine was 17 million but we had to pay 3 million costs on top.

The only reason QPR stopped the legal action was the EFL threatened to withdraw our golden ticket effectively blackmailing us into agreeing.

The fine was £39m but the EFL allowed your owners to convert a £20m loan to equity, as if that was somehow equivalent to the club being fined the same amount. You were allowed to pay the remaining £19m-odd over 10 years. Then a couple of years ago, your owners shamelessly tried to get the EFL to write-off the remaining debt. 

In your case, the EFL at least accepted your owners were responsible for the overspending policy and having to write off the loan punished them directly (although they were probably able to write it off against tax), but that also benefited the club by reducing its overall debts. 

In the meantime, QPR earned £150m from promotion and Derby got nothing. Now we're being murdered for failing where others succeeded and got off lightly. 

And some QPR fans wonder why we're ducking raging. 

5 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

From where do the EFL obtain the authority to instruct Derby to settle with Boro and Wycombe !!!!!

They don’t. It’s their competition and they are the ones that should police disputes and pass judgment  ( as they seem so readily happy to do on other issues. ) 

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Because if they aren’t in a position to make an announcement that’s how they get information out to fans and others 

So you go to a journalist who's on the pay roll of the Sun and has a following on twitter, In what way would they not be in a position to make an announcement, But then can make an announcement to Nixon.

We have BAWT and Ramstrust for revealing the said information.

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The fine was £39m but the EFL allowed your owners to convert a £20m loan to equity, as if that was somehow equivalent to the club being fined the same amount. You were allowed to pay the remaining £19m-odd over 10 years. Then a couple of years ago, your owners shamelessly tried to get the EFL to write-off the remaining debt. 

In your case, the EFL at least accepted your owners were responsible for the overspending policy and having to write off the loan punished them directly (although they were probably able to write it off against tax), but that also benefited the club by reducing its overall debts. 

In the meantime, QPR earned £150m from promotion and Derby got nothing. Now we're being murdered for failing where others succeeded and got off lightly. 

And some QPR fans wonder why we're ducking raging. 

I totally agree with you, Tony Fernandes collected ageing players as if they were panini stickers, we blew the lot plus about 100 million on top,it’s only now a hat we are getting on half decent footing,have a very low wage structure ( for the championship) and are still haemorrhaging 1-5 million per month. 
Had the owners been sensible we could have been set up for the next decade, sacked Warnock because a few fans grumbled then got their pants pulled down by Hughes and Redknapp. 

The question I have about boros claim is that is it even enforceable in court?  51M is laughable because surely you'd need to prove the loss. 

Wycombe might be able to claim as their 'losses' aren't hypothetical if Derby are held liable. But can Derby even be held liable.. There's no suggestion from anyone that we 'cheated' last season.. Its simply the timing of the agreed penalty. 

Derby haven't done anything illegal, filed false accounts etc so I'm not sure how any obligation to pay could come across? Surely the only enforcer could be the efl? 

Edited by alexxxxx