The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Yes but thats all supposition. You don't know how much Knight would sell for or any of our other youth players.

Traditionally we've been pretty abysmal at getting any value for our young stars.

Yes, what we could do with is a good businessman who would know how and when to sell players to make the most money from them.

Someone like…erm…ooh…I don’t know….erm….Mike Ashley?

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

The thing is, even the mega rich get bored and often need a project or challenge to keep them entertained. 

Back in the day, I used to spend £30 on championship manager when I only earned £300 a month….

Rooney saying post match that he still believes a preferred bidder is close to be announced but doesnt know who it is, but by this time next week he expects it will be known.

Also sounds like the incoming is based off the bidder being named.

59 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Rooney saying post match that he still believes a preferred bidder is close to be announced but doesnt know who it is, but by this time next week he expects it will be known.

Also sounds like the incoming is based off the bidder being named.

Didn’t sound like anything had changed which was what Nixon was trying to push as if it had 

17 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Mike Ashley started his business in 1982 at 18yrs old by taking a loan from his family to open his 1st sports shop in Maidenhead.  He's now the 61st richest business person in UK. I doubt he's done it all on his own. I can imagine that he has the power,money and conections to have the right people involved in working and running a football club. Certainly made more money than Mel, who is a few years older than Mike Ashley

I'm surprised he's still alive, the amout he allegedly drinks.

2 hours ago, curb said:

Yes, what we could do with is a good businessman who would know how and when to sell players to make the most money from them.

Someone like…erm…ooh…I don’t know….erm….Mike Ashley?

Each to their own, but I don't really think we'll get any stellar fees for any of our youth players whilst we're in the championship and definitely not in league one regardless of how good a businessmen you think Ashley is.

6 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

I suspect on the Newcastle and media front, there's a snobbery factor in play, as he comes across as an uncouth beer bellied laddish type. 

They've never seen...When the boat comes in, Full of Ladish behaviour, Violence, Wife beating, Thuggery, Nepotism, Theft, Adultery, Aye them were t days ya canny Lad ?

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Didn’t sound like anything had changed which was what Nixon was trying to push as if it had 

My take on Nixon...

He clearly had a good source when it came to the Kirchner bid (Stretford), similar with Appleby (Moxey).

I'm sure Nixon will have been told by Moxey that Friday was decision time, hence Nixon stating Friday was D-Day.

What Nixon et al didn't realise was that Ashley had approached and was blowing them out the water.

Quantuma, to their credit, did say if they weren't able to publicly name the preferred bidder last week they will tell us the reasons for the hold up...well, by leaking it to Percy they have done just that, without personally coming out and naming Ashley, which wouldn't be a professional thing to do.

Nixon, when finding out Appplebys group aren't being named prefferred bidders on Friday as expected, as then jumped to the conclusion that Boro and Wycombe are the reasons, when really, its Mike Ashley at the back post.

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

Meet the new director of football!

FIXING Derby COUNTY and saving them from BANKRUPT…:

This is Andy from Delhi, A smashing fella, I spoke to him last week as he helped me out when I got a call saying someone had taken £600 out of my bank account and transfered it to Western Bank, All he wanted was my bank details and he'd have my money back in my account within 48 hours...unfortunately i'm still waiting, Maybe it's to do with it being a weekend aye