If it goes pop what are you going to do?

Amberram

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Living in Glasgow, I'd probably think about supporting the Glasgow clan hockey team. Don't want the old firm BS and Partick thistle just doesn't grab me.

But yeah, when I'm back down in the shire I'd go and watch whatever phoenix team was created, but it wouldn't be the same.

Queens Park are making waves. They just head hunted the AZ Alkamaar director of football. 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I always try to contrive some sort of emotional attachment on a game-by-game basis: former  Rams I like / dislike, nice colour shirts, once robbed us in a play off final, once sold us Barry Powell etc. So I would probably just carry on doing that.

But it's always a contrivance.

I find that I can't be unbiased in football , even in random games between teams I have no affiliation for, and I don't always know who I'm supporting until there is a chance or a goal, then my reaction tells me who I want to win, sometimes it surprises me!! ??

But I might be a bit strange!!! 

12 minutes ago, Eric the half a ram said:

I find that I can't be unbiased in football , even in random games between teams I have no affiliation for, and I don't always know who I'm supporting until there is a chance or a goal, then my reaction tells me who I want to win, sometimes it surprises me!! ??

That’s Bognor for you ?

Regis my arse.

4 minutes ago, Eric the half a ram said:

Weird innit, when watching premiership games, when I couldn’t care less at kick off who wins, gets decided at some point.  It’s usually if I think a decision I don’t agreed with, or players that quite obviously cheat and the commentator tries to convince us it’s a foul because a player taps a guy on the shoulder and he goes down.  Sometimes it’s the colour of the kit ?.

But you’re right, it’s almost impossible ( fo me) to watch a match without routing for one of the teams.

5 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Weird innit, when watching premiership games, when I couldn’t care less at kick off who wins, gets decided at some point.  It’s usually if I think a decision I don’t agreed with, or players that quite obviously cheat and the commentator tries to convince us it’s a foul because a player taps a guy on the shoulder and he goes down.  Sometimes it’s the colour of the kit ?.

But you’re right, it’s almost impossible ( fo me) to watch a match without routing for one of the teams.

Glad it's not just me then!! 

I usually find it's the first near miss, I either wince or get that tingle of excitement, then I know who I want to win!! 

Unthinkable,  Saturdays are bad enough if we play Friday or Monday nights ....

As saying goes  ...you can change you girlfriend  ( or what ever you prefrence) but can't change you team 

Be international football for me only, home and away 

Given the size of the city and the support we have, it's a given that there would be a phoenix club and it would be the same people going as those that are going now. Weirdly, part of me really likes the idea of starting again at a low level and the sense of community, pride and defiance that this would bring.

A bit like starting over on Championship Manager 01/02 having spent 20 years guiding Scunthorpe to Champions League glory. Completed it, mate.  

6 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Given the size of the city and the support we have, it's a given that there would be a phoenix club and it would be the same people going as those that are going now. Weirdly, part of me really likes the idea of starting again at a low level and the sense of community, pride and defiance that this would bring.

A bit like starting over on Championship Manager 01/02 having spent 20 years guiding Scunthorpe to Champions League glory. Completed it, mate.  

Not a phoenix club. Derby County FC. It's the same club and always will be .  Even liquidation of the Company if it happened would not kill the club. 

9 hours ago, Eric the half a ram said:

I think you can. If Forest play Leeds then I want them both to lose equally.?