Rooney and his sidekick OUT NOW

Ramfan1958

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

noNoNo.gif.8677aee97ba88507ab14291773766f72.gif

It's funny, because I was calling for Warnock when he left Rotherham and people said the same. He is a dinosaur, rubbish football, we play good football, we want better is some of the things people said.

He very nearly joined us too, unfortunately he went to Cardiff, who were nothing at the time and got them promoted.

Where as we.....did really well 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's funny, because I was calling for Warnock when he left Rotherham and people said the same. He is a dinosaur, rubbish football, we play good football, we want better is some of the things people said.

He very nearly joined us too, unfortunately he went to Cardiff, who were nothing at the time and got them promoted.

Where as we.....did really well 

Yeah, Boro have been flying under Colin.

People also called for Hughton. How did he do at Forest?

Or Big Sam. Did he save the Albion?

The problems at Derby are deeper than the current choice of manager.

Who in the real world would take over with Derby at the bottom even under new ownership, who would take a bottom of the table club that's liable to be relegated even if the 12 points are removed due to a successful appeal.

There's a potential further 9 points.

Then you have no budget for players, a threadbare team.

You have no buying potential in January unless clear of debts, and even if you can buy unless the clubs further up the table, what's the benefit to the new players.

The club needs players not a player.

Wondering if it's worth acquiring the best league one manager to guarantee Derby's promotion next season, if the clubs relegated.

If the club can buy players in january I'd consider the top players in league one.

In the clubs current league position I think those players are realistic targets.

I wouldn't buy one more player above 30 for the club 

24 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Who in the real world would take over with Derby at the bottom even under new ownership, who would take a bottom of the table club that's liable to be relegated even if the 12 points are removed due to a successful appeal.

There's a potential further 9 points.

Then you have no budget for players, a threadbare team.

You have no buying potential in January unless clear of debts, and even if you can buy unless the clubs further up the table, what's the benefit to the new players.

The club needs players not a player.

Wondering if it's worth acquiring the best league one manager to guarantee Derby's promotion next season, if the clubs relegated.

If the club can buy players in january I'd consider the top players in league one.

In the clubs current league position I think those players are realistic targets.

I wouldn't buy one more player above 30 for the club 

I like your thinking but: Who would be “the best league one manager”, how would we attract him, why would top rated players in league one want to come to a team you reckon look certs for relegation when they might prefer to try their luck in the championship via a transfer or playing in a promoted team and there is no such thing as a guarantee in football least of all the appointment of a manager. Nearly all of them have had some highs and lows in their career.

Edited by Tamworthram

8 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Dean smith being sacked is the only thing more ridiculous than this thread. Football is just crazy. 

Champ is crazy enough, but the Prem is a world of its own for sackings!

Some very decent managers out of work at the moment, Farke and Smith in the last 24 hours alone and Nuno a few days before that. 

Edited by Ramarena

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I like your thinking but: Who would be “the best league one manager”, how would we attract him, why would top rated players in league one want to come to a team you reckon look certs for relegation when they might prefer to try their luck in the championship via a transfer or playing in a promoted team and there is no such thing as a guarantee in football least of all the appointment of a manager. Nearly all of them have had some highs and lows in their career.

I believe Rooney on 1.4 million a year?!

1 million a year plus guarantees the best manager from league one in my opinion.

Any new Derby owners will paying championship salaries if we are in league one, those salaries will encourage the players to sign for us.

We might have to pay above the odds for a league one top striker but that's probably less than top scoring championship strikers.

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I believe Rooney on 1.4 million a year?!

1 million a year plus guarantees the best manager from league one in my opinion.

Any new Derby owners will paying championship salaries if we are in league one, those salaries will encourage the players to sign for us.

We might have to pay above the odds for a league one top striker but that's probably less than top scoring championship strikers.

He told you that right? 

Absolutely new owners will be looking to spend Championship money on a League 1 club.

?

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He told you that right? 

Absolutely new owners will be looking to spend Championship money on a League 1 club.

?

Rooney's salary is 90k per week, so circa 4.7 million a year.

Salary, Income, Net Worth: Wayne Rooney - 2021 - WageIndicator.co.uk

As to paying championship salaries in league one, thats up to who ever the new owners are, but assuming they are any of the millionaires that are rumoured to be interested in buying the club and assuming that they want entirely overhaul the club and that they want to get promoted, they will need the very best players for that.

There's no salary cap in league one.

Find it hard to criticise Rooney too much this season. Last season felt different. Derby have fewer options this season, even less competition for places than before, no possibility of buying players and the deduction. 
Apart from a few games recently, Derby have been a tougher team to beat and had a solid defence. Just still the same attacking problems which isn’t down to coaching or management- it’s lack of options - injuries Depth/ lack of quality. 
Can’t believe he’s still here to be honest. He doesn’t need the money. He’s fighting and his conduct has been great. If Derby had a goal scorer and a few more players to add depth, the table would be looking different. 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

40 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

To be honest if I thought we could get Dean Smith I would sack Rooney tomorrow but we won’t without offering huge wages plus a massive war chest.

Not entirely sure he's that great a manager to be honest. When you look at the squad he had at his disposal, scraping through the play-offs was probably sub-par. He did seem to start well in the Prem but with Grealish gone, he's seemed rather short of ideas both in the transfer market and on the pitch. #

Obviously he has a massive experience edge, but if we were to sack Rooney it'd cost the club a fortune and I'm not convinced that Derby would be the kind of 'project' Smith would be looking for now. I think Wayne is doing OK all things considered and probably the only option right now in any case.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

25 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Find it hard to criticise Rooney too much this season. Last season felt different. Derby have fewer options this season, even less competition for places than before, no possibility of buying players and the deduction. 
Apart from a few games recently, Derby have been a tougher team to beat and had a solid defence. Just still the same attacking problems which isn’t down to coaching or management- it’s lack of options - injuries Depth/ lack of quality. 
Can’t believe he’s still here to be honest. He doesn’t need the money. He’s fighting and his conduct has been great. If Derby had a goal scorer and a few more players to add depth, the table would be looking different. 

I actually believe we have a stronger best 11 this season, yes weaker depth, so maybe it cancels out. Certainly we started the season with a stronger team than the one that started last season.

I do though believe we could be getting more out of Sibley and Jozwiak. So I disagree slightly on the attacking front, which I do believe is something Rooney and staff could find a better solution on. Otherwise, great job this season.

54 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Where do you think he would go if he left us, what sort of level ?

21 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I actually believe we have a stronger best 11 this season, yes weaker depth, so maybe it cancels out. Certainly we started the season with a stronger team than the one that started last season.

I do though believe we could be getting more out of Sibley and Jozwiak. So I disagree slightly on the attacking front, which I do believe is something Rooney and staff could find a better solution on. Otherwise, great job this season.

I think depth in a squad cannot be underestimated. We have teenagers on the bench and not much competition for places. Think it's similar to last season but we did have Holmes and Waghorn as options as well as Rooney for some of the season.  Sibley and Joswiak are not strikers although I would expect their contribution to be better.