Millwall (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

43 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Although the yellows were harsh, Byrne was an idiot for giving the referee a decision to make. He is increasingly becoming a liability where the advantage of his forward play, is not outweighing his obvious defensive frailties. 

Yep. He's an easy defender to target as well. 

New RB is up there with a goal-scorer for me.

51 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Although the yellows were harsh, Byrne was an idiot for giving the referee a decision to make. He is increasingly becoming a liability where the advantage of his forward play, is not outweighing his obvious defensive frailties. 

If Morrison passed to him on the many occasions he has been free in acres of space and free to run in on goal maybe he could make more of an impression ?

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Morrison passed to him on the many occasions he has been free in acres of space and free to run in on goal maybe he could make more of an impression ?

He also may not have to have been out of position/rushing back to desperately defend after possession needlessly gets lost on numerous occasions.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure.

You may well be right, I don’t have any evidence to support either way, but I do wonder some times if we’re just suffering from a persecution complex.

If over the season we got some dodgy decisions going our way then I agree with you. But they don’t. As has been amply described a team cam commit a string of nasty  challenges with no cards, and often no free-kicks either, then a first offence by a Ram and it is an instant yellow. Or yesterday both Jagielka and Davies got elbows to the head and nothing at all was done about it. About 6 weeks ago in one match Joswiack was clattered 4 times in the first 15 minutes needing two lots of treatment, with no cards issued. Then Watson was yellow carded for his first offence. 

And if things do even themselves out we have got a season and a half’s worth of penalty kicks coming our way. But in the meantime, keep breathing.

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

I presume Aghatise could come on for his debut because he's a Scholar?

He’s not a scholar and so either :-

1. The terms of the embargo have changed 

2. They are confident of the take over happening and that we’ll be out of embargo come January so it won’t matter

3. Players already have deals lined up to move out and so spaces aren’t an issue

or

4. Wayne doesn’t give a duck anymore 

20 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I can't decide who I hate the most ... Bennett or Malone ? 

Bennett, all day long, Malone was a decent player for us, but was quite often a scapecoat. He was bundled out of the club and it was made clear to him that he had no future here. Bennett, on the other hand, was always given the benefit of the doubt by the management and the fans, including me, because he was 'one of our own'. His subsequent actions since 'Joinergate' have left a very sour taste.

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

Bennett, all day long, Malone was a decent player for us, but was quite often a scapecoat. He was bundled out of the club and it was made clear to him that he had no future here. Bennett, on the other hand, was always given the benefit of the doubt by the management and the fans, including me, because he was 'one of our own'. His subsequent actions since 'Joinergate' have left a very sour taste.

Hope they get dogs abuse when they come to PP.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep. Although should you bother to read my post I said "New RB is up there with a goal-scorer for me"!

So it would 1. Goal-scorer and 2. Right back ?

Even though we're 1 or 2 injuries to aging CBs from having no CBs

Our keepers are costing us points every other game

Jozwiak is our only natural winger 

We need 2 strikers before we need a RB.

Why single out Byrne who was one of our best players last season just because he's out of form? 

17 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

We need 2 strikers before we need a RB.

Why single out Byrne who was one of our best players last season just because he's out of form? 

He was out of form at the end of last season too. He's easy to target and has cost us already with some very ordinary defending.