Millwall (A) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

17 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Let's get real take the blinkers off Derby's goalkeepers are pathetic worse in the championship. 

ROONEY is at fault picking them before Marshall. 

You’re getting very boring. Let’s get real and take your blinkers off. you’ve got  views that might mean something but you have a fault filled way of expressing them. 

22 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Of course that's the most important outcome this season, that we are still around to play next season but if the players had the attitude that relegation is an almost certainty then fans would soon be on their backs and with total justification.

The players trying hard doesnt mean they'll have enough to avoid relegation. I've never questioned the commitment of this group of players, but -21 would be difficult to overcome even with a quality squad.

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

it's getting more and more difficult though. 9 points off now

Tell me no teams have gone on a post-Christmas run and made up points? We've still got games against the teams in the mix. We're mostly playing well, showing good skill and good endeavour. The luck needed will soon also be ours. #COYR

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Tell me no teams have gone on a post-Christmas run and made up points? We've still got games against the teams in the mix. We're mostly playing well, showing good skill and good endeavour. The luck needed will soon also be ours. #COYR

You are right but we need quality as well as luck, this squad as it stands will not stay up - we will need a takeover done asap to even stand a chance however none of the candidates are very encouraging to me.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

At some point luck has to change, hopefully Bournemouth

3 minutes ago, alram said:

You are right but we need quality as well as luck, this squad as it stands will not stay up - we will need a takeover done asap to even stand a chance however none of the candidates are very encouraging to me.

I don't even agree with that. The players we have are playing well the majority of games - where would we really be in the league? Also you can see that the youngsters are getting more experience, Knighty is starting to hit his stride. Bielik might give us a lift. Baldock is getting better as he gets more games, his movement up front was better. Stretton is scoring again. CKR is fit. ...

Edited by RoyMac5

There was a collective groan when the ball was played out wide to Ebosele (before he scored)! 

I think that made the goal celebrations even more intense.

Quite a few shots on target!

Ebosele's runs really got everyone buzzing!

I think the first yellow card came a minute after a similar looking tackle - if that was Byrne. (I'm not sure, from 60 yards away with poor eyesight.) But, maybe that was taken into consideration?

There were quite a few pieces of skill on the ball where we went past players. More than I am used to seeing. There were a few creative set plays too! 

There was a fenced walkway between the station and the ground, and it never felt threatening at all. So, if anyone was put off attending because of Millwall's reputation, maybe give them another go. (I didn't go to the play off semi final though!)

Millwallseemed to have families sitting in the stands closest to us, and they didn't chant at us. Their stands were quite full but quiet.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't even agree with that. The players we have are playing well the majority of games - where would we really be in the league? Also you can see that the youngsters are getting more experience, Knighty is starting to hit his stride. Bielik might give us a lift. Baldock is getting better as he gets more games, his movement up front was better. Stretton is scoring again. CKR is fit. ...

For me us playing well is an even bigger indicater we need better players. Playing well but continually getting nothing to show for it, players win games with quality, we simply don't score enough goals to think about staying in the division.

It is okay performing well but when it comes down to it, it's quality that gets you the most points. We will need it in Jan if we are to stand a chance. Like i say Rooney is getting the most he can out of these players, he will need help from the powers that be.

Edited by alram

5 minutes ago, alram said:

But the current squad seemed capable of beating Millwall today.

I am not saying that having a goal scorer wouldn't help, but we seemed quite good at attacking.

Even though we would be 20th without a points deduction, we are not a relegation team.

3 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

But the current squad seemed capable of beating Millwall today.

I am not saying that having a goal scorer wouldn't help, but we seemed quite good at attacking.

Even though we would be 20th without a points deduction, we are not a relegation team.

yep, we were completely capable but as i say, with more quality you turn draws into wins and losses into draws.

The overall picture speaks for itselfs, we are 3rd lowest scorers not because of the way we set up but because we have no quality. It was not much different last year when we were lowest scorers with probably better strikers than we have now.

We are not playing like a relegation team but we have the quality of a relegation team.

Edited by alram

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

Sadly we are, we don’t score goals. You don’t score goals, you don't win games, don’t win games you get relegated. We’re a relegation team points deducted or not ( we were last season as well and only stayed up due to Wednesdays points deduction) 

3 minutes ago, alram said:

yep, we were completely capable but as i say, with more quality you turn draws into wins and losses into draws.

The overall picture speaks for itselfs, we are 3rd lowest scorers not because of the way we set up but because we have no quality. It was not much different last year when we were lowest scorers with probably better strikers than we have now.

We made some good chances today. Knighty really should have done better with a couple of chances and so should Baldock. They will get better, both of those two score goals and will do again. Lawrence too. Sometimes it just takes a change of luck for the belief to change and then the confidence and then the chances. #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

Our top scorer is Curtis Davies with TWO goals, after 17 games!!!

Whatever way you paint that it is a side desperately lacking any kind of quality, the good performances probably make it worse because it means we are set up right.

Edited by alram

Just now, alram said:

Our top scorer is Curtis Davies with TWO goals, after 17 games!!!

Whatever way you paint that it is a side desperately lacking any kind of quality, the good performances probably make it worse

You paint it how you want - if it wasn't for the EFL we'd be above the relegation zone!

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We made some good chances today. Knighty really should have done better with a couple of chances and so should Baldock. They will get better, both of those two score goals and will do again. Lawrence too. Sometimes it just takes a change of luck for the belief to change and then the confidence and then the chances. #COYR

yes friend, not complaining about the performance at all. my general point is we are going to have to recruit in january if we are going to hit the points required to stay up. with the current crop of players we will keep missing those chances. They are simply not good enough

Edited by alram