Rams vs Barnsley (A) Matchday Thread

angieram

Can some stats whizz work out what the points tally might have been if all the shots hitting the woodwork had gone in (realising of course that isn’t quite how football works and if my auntie had spherical objects she’d be my uncle)?

Edited by LazloW
Why does my iPhone always replace i’s with o’s and I’d with i’s!?!?!!

Abject. Big up to the fans that went all the way to Barnsley and supported the team to the end. We did try and we did look bothered. Not going to deny the players that. We were just poor. Got ourselves ahead but instead of doing what Barnsley did when they got ahead, we gifted them a goal just before halftime. We're relegated now. We're done. All the deductions that will or won't happen no longer matter. We just need to get the takeover done and start to plan for next season. No wins in 6 and some tough games coming up. All hope really did evaporate in the bleak result at Oakwell. 

Not upset because last season had numbed me and I’ve not seen us as much this season when we were fighting. 

Formation looked wrong, but that said the two goals we conceded were so soft. 

Disappointed not to get a draw in the end as the last 20 mins we were all over them. But a point would only have killed Barnsley. Wouldn’t have given us much so on that basis let’s roll on to Saturday. 

We will stay up after looking like going down with three minutes to go. Oh wait that was last season. Fourteen players out of contract at the end of the season. Target now is to be still in contact on January 1st. COYR. We are not looking cheap at £50 million.

Lot of slagging off the players tonight on here, but I saw lots of effort but we so so lack quality.  To think where we were 6 years ago. Morris not only left us with a financial mess, and a hefty points deduction, but probably worst of all the poorest squad quality I have seen at Derby since about 1982. Once again Bird looked quality. He will be gone come 1 January.

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

Let’s be realistic you have to write this season off. Hopefully get a takeover sorted. Don’t spend anything in Jan. Hopefully keep Bird, Shinnie and Festy. Decent keeper and some solid sighings, start again 

Well watching most of the players tonight they certainly have!

FFS that game was there to be won. Where the duck were we?