Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Well thats 1 less bidder for the Admins to pick from, seems like we're down to 2 - Appleby vs Gadsby.

Imo Appleby is more likely with Gadsby the last resort before liquidation.

Always felt the admins never fancied CK as the main bidder otherwise this could have been done a long time ago.

I have lost a lot of faith in these admins now after this week. I understand things can change and its not an easy deal which is why the whole final takeover changed from end of Dec possibly into the 1st week of Jan as first said on TalkSport, then end of Jan now Feb...but to actually come out & say a week before Xmas that a preferred bidder will be named by Xmas as well as actually telling Rooney, the players & staff the same thing but then not fulfilling that deadline they need to provide a better explaination than that statement today. Whats changed since that statement? CK has improved his bid and now pulled out, Appleby says he is still in the run, if CK offer wasnt good enough last week when they say by Xmas it clearly wasnt going to be him so has something changed with Appleby's or Gadsby's offer? Is there a new interested party? What happened with the Carlisle Group? 

Also got told from someone normally pretty reliable that Gadsby had no interest in buying the club when he was mentioned as a bidder a few weeks back, so is he even actually in the run in?

I also heard that Appleby was short of the required money - time will tell

1 hour ago, td_evans said:

Was there ever any evidence that this bloke had the means to buy Derby County? His present company certainly wasn't big enough or successful enough to give him the necessary net worth.

Lot of free publicity and newspaper backlinks for Slync.io though...

He showed liquid funds (cash) of 100 million quid to the administrators / ELF so he certainly had the means. 

dont disagrre that it looks as if he is into bitcoins in a big way but impossible to be sure all all the internet history of him has been wiped including anything about his entertainment company that he said he had.. Even his tweets before the end of October have been wiped

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Honestly think that’s the nail in the coffin. Kirchner tweeted it earlier and he’s right. Someone needs to buy the club in December or we’ll see the end of dcfc. Have a fire sale in January and get some initial cash in the club but massively deflate the value of the club to the point where the debt is too high and the clubs value is too little usually ends in liquidation. I’m sorry but these admins are having us all on and unless the bidder is announced ASAP I cannot see a future with dcfc in it unfortunately 

Nobody has a clue what is going on,i think the administrators are in a difficult position,they have to ensure everything is 100% before they can announce a new owner. There may be no option but to have a fire sale and get some much needed cash into the club to bring the debt down.If that reduces the value of the club it is then up to potential new owners to determine whether the club is a viable proposition going forward. They have to agree to the creditors demands before they can move forward.

We don't know how long creditors have been submitting invoices which have gone unpaid so they may have written the debt off, had to restructure and possibly make people redundant through no fault of there own. What they have never had they will not miss. If the money was not there when they wanted it why would they want to accept a minimal amount now.

Feel the administors not announcing the preferred bidder before Christmas is disastrous for the club. There's surely no way now to prevent most of the playing staff leaving in January. And with Covid uncertainty in the air, without anyone back owning the club, it's much more likely we fold. Will we even complete the season? 

If there really are bids from Appleby or Gadsby and if they really have gathered sufficient funds, I would have preferred either to Kirchner as people who know the club and ran it in a fiscally prudent way before, which is surely what we most need. But if they had the funds one of them would surely have been made preferred by now. 

A real low point. It feels as grim as the time in 1984 when we were being wound up, but were somehow in the quarter finals of the Cup at home to lowly Plymouth in the replay. Only for Steve Cherry to concede directly from a corner in a dismal 0-1 defeat. My recollection is Stuart Webb somehow saved us and brought Maxwell in. There doesn't seem to be a Stuart Webb or a Robert Maxwell now. 

I think the cold truth now the administrators have lost Kirchner, is that it comes down to gadsby and Appleby to save the club.

It's easy to recall how gadsby previously failed in his bid to buy the club, when he was the clubs chairman. He offered and was rejected because he didn't offer enough.

Gadsby and Appleby, it's rumoured, don't have the cash flow to buy Derby.

Good intentions are great but they don't always get a project delivered.

Even if they can pull together the capital to buy the club, given the size of the club's debts, I'm left wondering how much might be left over to rebuild the club.

The club definitely needs rebuilding.

It's like the person who buys a house cheaply at auction, but forgets to factor in the capital required to rebuild that house so they can happily live in it.

Saving the club isn't the only thing that's requires.

Kirchner in my opinion was the administrators preferred bidder, he remains the only one to show proof of funds to the administrators.

Kirchner in my opinion was all set to be revealed as the buyer before Christmas.

Now the administrators have zero choice but to wait for bidders to show proof of funds.

So far the rumoured bid from gadsby and Appleby is just a rumoured bid.

I do think Kirchner pulling out is not good news. It gives us fewer options if nothing else as realistically it's now the group that Appleby is representing. Now it might have been tilting towards him anyway but if for whatever reason that bid falls through what does the club do then exactly? Go for a last ditch Gadsby bid backed by other locals to try and keep us afloat? It strikes me that we have perilously few options, not a ton of time and at the moment we're running both down. 

Why should bidders have to wait for administrators to deal with creditors and hmrc.

It's insulting to bidders, wealthy bidders have teams of people who are more than capable of settling those issues.

Kirchner said he believes there's only one other bidder for Derby and that their bid was no where near the 60 million he had offered, I believe him.

If the Administrators prefer Appleby's bid, why not just make that the 'preferred bidder'?

If Appleby's consortium are not ready to finalize their bid, why not just declare 'time is up' and stick to the latest of their deadlines and give it to Kirchner?

There is a very grave chance that we are going to lose our club here.

Yeah, yeah, yeah the Administrators are acting on behalf of the creditors and not the club. BUT the creditors will get zilch if the club is liquidated.

Appleby isn't the preferred bid.

It might be the only bid left but it fails to hit the mark, there bid is considered simply not high enough.

It isn't close to 50 million yet.

Only one bid reached that mark.

This is where it gets interesting, Appleby and gadsby can now only do one thing, and that's submit a bid of 50 million or Derby are going into liquidation, as there are zero other bidders.

Appleby has messes around so long, Kirchner the only realistic bidder has left the bidding process.

Gadsby once reportedly offered 30 million for Derby and was declined.

Not sure that gadsby and Appleby have bid for Derby, since kitchners was the only bid that met the 50 million that the Administrators have asked for.

I'm getting a little concerned now. My guess is that MSD want at least £20m for the stadium and that HMRC want 100%, albeit with an extended payment plan. Throw in paying the football creditors in full and 25% for the unsecured, then any bid must commit to over £80m. Add in the sharks from Wycombe and Smogsville and the club does not look likely to find a viable buyer in its current form.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and Appleby can find a structure which works. Personally, I don't think a January fire sale would devalue the club. There are plenty of cheap players available, so going onto the summer with a clean slate and could be a positive, especially if it had reduced the purchase price by setting the football debts.

What I think could happen is that Gadsby and a couple of wealthy fans set up a new company and buy the name and the trademarks. Derby County then starts next season as a debt free club in the Conference North, training at the Rugby club and playing at Meadow Lane. Hopefully we retain a significant percentage of the fan base and quickly secure a couple of promotions. Then we move to regain Pride Park and Moor Farm for much reduced prices from MSD.

Meanwhile the existing DCFC company is liquidated with only a few million to give to HMRC.

Thank you Mel Morris. 

What's more and more clear is that Mel left behind a real mess, that was in part designed to be complicated to unravel financially. 

As people have said anyone who has tried to buy a simple house knows how difficult it is and how easily timescales lag.

What's also clear is CK is an attention seeker and a bit of a hot head. It doesn't particularly bother me, but likewise just because he hasn't got his own way I don't see that as something to attack the administrators over.

Seems to me we still have options and hope and if it all goes to poo it will be Mel's fault for leaving such a mess not their's.  They have a (lucrative) reputation to keep and we certainly won't be the last club in this situation,  so I find it unlikely they would choose stringing it out to make a few more quid this time than successfully rescuing the club and getting lots more work in the future.  

Can we just wait and see what the next few weeks produce before we all start with the doomsday scenarios just yet. 

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

I think the cold truth now the administrators have lost Kirchner, is that it comes down to gadsby and Appleby to save the club.

It's easy to recall how gadsby previously failed in his bid to buy the club, when he was the clubs chairman. He offered and was rejected because he didn't offer enough.

Gadsby and Appleby, it's rumoured, don't have the cash flow to buy Derby.

Good intentions are great but they don't always get a project delivered.

Even if they can pull together the capital to buy the club, given the size of the club's debts, I'm left wondering how much might be left over to rebuild the club.

The club definitely needs rebuilding.

It's like the person who buys a house cheaply at auction, but forgets to factor in the capital required to rebuild that house so they can happily live in it.

Saving the club isn't the only thing that's requires.

Kirchner in my opinion was the administrators preferred bidder, he remains the only one to show proof of funds to the administrators.

Kirchner in my opinion was all set to be revealed as the buyer before Christmas.

Now the administrators have zero choice but to wait for bidders to show proof of funds.

So far the rumoured bid from gadsby and Appleby is just a rumoured bid.

And you know all this how? 
Or is that your opinion based on the limited knowledge in the public domain?