Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

2 hours ago, sage said:

If you were taking over Derby would you...

a) offer Boro £3m and Wycombe £1m shake down money and gurry the process along with certainty

or

b) say...see you in court with a 2-3% chance of losing £50m and £5m? 

I have never understood their claims. 

Surely they should be suing the EFL for not penalizing us earlier?

In a way I would be surprised if the League are happy with the prospect of them actually winning some damaged off us, as it could set a weird precedent.

For example - If you lose a game in a season -  because an opposition player who should have been sent of goes on to to score - and the three points would have got you into the play-offs, would that entitle you to some kind of recompense from that club if it goes up to the Prem?

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Like others have said, those vultures are not Football Creditors until their claim is validated. If the EFL truly are saying "they have a case" they are going against their own rules and are setting themselves up for a counter claim if a new owner with the chops to do it thinks its worthwhile. 

So much for remaining neutral in inter-club disputes ?

I think it's the validation process that is the problem in terms of delaying the whole process. They will not win against us in court but to delay the sale of the club will do untold damage. I assume that is why the admins are having to negotiate with them. 

2 hours ago, Eatonram said:

It is hard to see how they can deemed Football creditors. There is no contract or invoice, they have not sold or loaned us a player, never been employed and owed wages, as such there is no outstanding debt to either Club. It is a speculative claim for unproven "damages". A strong owner, backed by substantial funds and a good at business will not be put off by this I feel sure. This seems to be backed up by the fact that more than one party were as of yesterday, still increasing their bids to buy the Club. 

Beating Cov in the Cup and drawing Boro would be good.

and yet it rumbles on

Edited by Coconut's Beard

9 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Folk need to remember that the administrators have to follow a set process and are bound by rules that ensure they do their best for the creditors (not the fans!). If they breach those rules they’d be in deep do-do with the authorities and wouldn’t be able to practice again. They’re not allowed to drag the process out to line their own pockets (as some are suggesting), they’re not obliged (or allowed) to make all of the details of bids public, nor are they allowed to sell the club to the loudest bidder just because some supporters think he’s the messiah…. If we end up going bust, it’s Morris that’s to blame, not the admins….

You wouldn’t fit in on Twitter

2 hours ago, sage said:

Thank goodness no one replied with a pedantic literal answer instead of debating the general quandary. 

Phew

Time for you to get stuffed up a turkey's bum.

Seriously, if I was the owner the absolute risk of getting fleeced for multiple millions is non existent so I would either look to settle for a small (ish)  sum in the hundreds of thousands in boro's case or £100k in Wycombe's case mainly to save on legal fees or see them in Court.    

The main problem for the admin team is the delays to the sale process, so maybe better to pass onto the new owners and make the  appropriate deduction from the sale price.  

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Time for you to get stuffed up a turkey's bum.

Seriously, if I was the owner the absolute risk of getting fleeced for multiple millions is non existent so I would either look to settle for a small (ish)  sum in the hundreds of thousands in boro's case or £100k in Wycombe's case mainly to save on legal fees or see them in Court.    

The main problem for the admin team is the delays to the sale process, so maybe better to pass onto the new owners and make the  appropriate deduction from the sale price.  

The delay is caused by pondering on the question I asked.

It is like taking out life insurance. Playing the percentages.  

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just been into Cheshire Oaks doing a last bit of Xmas shopping and spotted next year's Derby calendar in a shop there.....note the positioning of it in the display quite ironic ?

PicsArt_12-24-06.35.13.jpg

You'd have to be mental to buy a DCFC calendar this year. By September (or even February in some cases) most of the players will be playing somewhere else.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well how admin said that all been settled then and no new punishment given out then.

If we do something wrong in the future, we can be punished for it. 
if you are saying we can never ever be punished again, then all of a sudden, I’m once again looking forward to rather exciting times here at downtown Derby FC!  ?