Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Eh ?

Bryson was off to Burnley (just promoted to Prem) until Rush offerd him a five year contract with some unusual bonuses.  Hughes was certainly of interest to Premier teams not sure how it took so long. As for keogh , well he never would have made it in the Premier and it's news to me anyone from the Premier was ever interested in him.

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

But a deal with Hmrc may well be a payment plan. I think that may be the difference between how the different bidders have structured their offers.

More than likely. In any case this is a significant amount, however the payments are spread, putting pressure on the clubs cashflow. Anyhow that's where we are, loaded with debt.....

41 minutes ago, europia said:

More than likely. In any case this is a significant amount, however the payments are spread, putting pressure on the clubs cashflow. Anyhow that's where we are, loaded with debt.....

If some owner or owners if gabby and ex man city teaming one could say if clear the debts and I cover any new signings that he might want or give new contracts to players he wants to keep.

4 hours ago, rsmini said:

Not sure if anyone spotted this tweet from Andy Derbyshire the other day when asked about possible Mr Kirchner backers. Rooney has a connection to DC United as well!!

Too small Current investments only total $34.7M

Westlake Capital Inc (smartadvisormatch.com)

Edited by RAM1966

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Actually think a Gadsby/Appleby type stewardship could be more successful now than 10/15 years ago. Whilst parachute payments will continue to give unfair advantages, the onset of FFP since 2014 gives clubs like Derby with higher turnover an advantage over most that Gadsby & GSE wouldn't have had during their spells in charge.

I do believe there is a cheaper route to success at this level & Blackburn/QPR are showing us the way. They promote via their youth sides & they sell players at their peak (Armstrong & Eze) to reinvest in the squad. Whilst we are now embracing the Academy model by necessity, we haven't historically cashed in on players at their peak...only Ince & Vydra left for bigger money. Hughes, Bryson & Keogh all stayed despite Prem interest but of course most of our buys were written down to zero eventually. Luke Plange is a example of what we should be doing more of...hoover up released Prem starlets, get them in the Academy & exposure to the first team as soon as practical. We have the infrastructure to continue to deliver this

Norwich are another example of a club that have been run without massive backing from owners. What they have though & what we have been lacking is a clear strategy, a combination of youth step ups & great scouting, a Sporting Director to oversee the entire football operation (rather than owners making calls) & a consistent style of play.

I would actually prefer an Appleby and/or Gadsby consortium over Kirchner because they a) will have experience of the club & how it ticks, b) we know they will run the club responsibly & c) they know that their decision making needs to be sharp in the absence of big funds.

I agree with your sentiments, the FFP account/budget dosent allow for many mistakes which you know Kirchner will make!

DC United links wouldn't surprise me, nowadays it's becoming more common that owners have a sport portfolio of owned teams, especially if the name of the clubs are similar naming format (see City Football Group) so much better for branding purposes.

Edited by Retro_RAM

16 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The Gadsby/Appleby duo does raise a few eyebrows. I don't believe they have the enormous funds at hand, but we know that both have overseen the club's best positions post-Pickering. 

The one thing that I'm fairly sure of is that they're coming in to settle the situation and then make a sale of a club in a better position than it currently is, whilst making some money for themselves in the process. They protect the club in the short-term and make a smart investment long-term. I doubt they're going to be the ownership to re-establish a Premier League charge, but the club could survive with them at the helm. 

I think Appleby, whilst never splashing the cash, made some shrewd appointments for the club overall. I really like Glick and when you look at the trajectory of his career since his time here then you must give Appleby credit for being a smart sport-biased business man. I really think we could do a lot worse than that. 

I don't think I will be head-over-heels with whoever wins out the takeover, but anything to get the club back to a stable footing again will be appreciated for sure. 

Good post.

Perhaps change your handle here to ‘Ambitious-ish’?

16 hours ago, rsmini said:

Not sure if anyone spotted this tweet from Andy Derbyshire the other day when asked about possible Mr Kirchner backers. Rooney has a connection to DC United as well!!

It seems Andy hasn't quite caught up that Westlake Capital are nothing to do with DC United and sold their stake back in 2016.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2016/10/11/will-chang-sells-his-share-in-d-c-united-to-majority-investors/

55 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've begun to realise he gets a hell of a lot wrong; but he was right about Gadbsy and also right last week when he said neither he or Appleby had the funds themselves. So he must have a contact somewhere.

There's always a lot more talk and rumours than actual things that come to pass. I think he does hear things, but isn't really on the inside track.