Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 hour ago, Maharan said:

I would have thought that the EFL would step in, and I think there is an expectation that disputes between clubs are settled within the EFL structures. That's why I wonder what the basis of the claims actually are. Is there more to it? I genuinely don't know

I thought about the Boro claim the other day. I wondered if their claim was a simple calculation that they had a notional 1 in 4 chance of winning the play-offs, so their claim is made up of 25% of the estimated total they would receive for 1 season in the PL plus 3 years parachute payments (around £160M), plus estimate of gate receipts for the home leg of the semi-finals, additional commercial income they would have expected to receive etc. Not hard to see how you could build to a figure of £45M on that basis, not that it goes any further to proving beyond reasonable doubt that they'd have got into the POs if we'd had a PD or whatever, or that they would have even got past the semi-final, but it might be how they've approached it.

Wycombe's seems to be simply the difference in solidarity and TV payments.

4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I quite often wonder what Rooney's long game is here, as it seems bizarre to think of a legendary International footballer clinging to the wreckage of a club destined for League One

But maybe, just maybe he's seen what happened to the likes of Lampard and Solksjaer and realised that's not the path he wants right now. As a footballer you get a professional career of 15-20 years if you're lucky. If you start managing at 35 then you potentially have a management career of double that length. Learning the job in a big club with no expectations, facing tough challenges without the threat of immediate sacking if you get it wrong is actually not a bad idea. Got to be better than going in green to a massive club with a squad worth 100s of millions and getting ditched at the first sign of trouble - and finding yourself jobless after only a couple of years in the management game

Maybe its the difference between being a manager instead of a coach that appeals to him. Most modern day 'managers' are in reality coaches with a Sporting Director/Director of Football being in charge of recruitment/retention of players - that's certainly the pattern at top clubs & the reality is managers are easily disposable in the hunt for short term success. 

By contrast, old style 'managers' like Clough, Shankly, Revie etc actually built clubs from the ground up & consequently had more control over their work places as well as increased job protection (although the results clearly helped). To your point, Derby are clearly an absolute mess but the club is both big enough to provide a platform for a lengthy future Premiership stint & is also close to Rooney's North West heartlands. Therefore he leverages his connections to build the playing infrastructure & give him the best possible chance for success. Quite telling Fergie's advice to him was to primarily find a chairman he could work with rather than anything else - I think this project has been ongoing for most of 2021 if rumours are to be believed.

As to points made elsewhere about the suitability of a manager choosing the owners & being 'unsackable' - there will be a base level above which Rooney will have to deliver & an ambitious 3-5 year target. Given the costs involved, its fair to assume Kirchner & co won't just be buying Derby as Rooney's plaything. If he shows himself out of his depth (increasingly unlikely given the experience he is gaining) then they would unquestionably move him on.

I’m off to see Exeter City v Bradford tonight. This unusually is a match the F.A ordered to be replayed after City played to many subs. Surely Bradford could sue Exeter for travel, accommodation etc etc, would be a genuine claim , unlike the nonsense from Boro and Wycombe. WTF was the fourth official doing in the previous game though ?

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Maybe its the difference between being a manager instead of a coach that appeals to him. Most modern day 'managers' are in reality coaches with a Sporting Director/Director of Football being in charge of recruitment/retention of players - that's certainly the pattern at top clubs & the reality is managers are easily disposable in the hunt for short term success. 

By contrast, old style 'managers' like Clough, Shankly, Revie etc actually built clubs from the ground up & consequently had more control over their work places as well as increased job protection (although the results clearly helped). To your point, Derby are clearly an absolute mess but the club is both big enough to provide a platform for a lengthy future Premiership stint & is also close to Rooney's North West heartlands. Therefore he leverages his connections to build the playing infrastructure & give him the best possible chance for success. Quite telling Fergie's advice to him was to primarily find a chairman he could work with rather than anything else - I think this project has been ongoing for most of 2021 if rumours are to be believed.

As to points made elsewhere about the suitability of a manager choosing the owners & being 'unsackable' - there will be a base level above which Rooney will have to deliver & an ambitious 3-5 year target. Given the costs involved, its fair to assume Kirchner & co won't just be buying Derby as Rooney's plaything. If he shows himself out of his depth (increasingly unlikely given the experience he is gaining) then they would unquestionably move him on.

A cracking post Leeds...with that i'm now convinced this could be why CK and his advisors want to purchase DCFC, Makes a great deal of sense

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I’m off to see Exeter City v Bradford tonight. This unusually is a match the F.A ordered to be replayed after City played to many subs. Surely Bradford could sue Exeter for travel, accommodation etc etc, would be a genuine claim , unlike the nonsense from Boro and Wycombe. WTF was the fourth official doing in the previous game though ?

Exeter will argue they can take monies from their share of gate reciepts

Bradfords Manager shows the 4th official with the book how many fingers/thumbs am I holdindg...a very confused 4th official thinks this is a trick question.

image.thumb.png.59aecca6338b1b257125edf0a05bf30a.png

Edited by Unlucky Alf

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Exeter will argue they can take monies from their share of gate reciepts

Bradfords Manager shows the 4th official with the book how many fingers/thumbs am I holdindg...a very confused 4th official thinks this is a trick question.

image.thumb.png.59aecca6338b1b257125edf0a05bf30a.png

I think I read Bradford also tried to make the extra sun as well but we’re refused. Seems that the 4th official was complicit in not knowing the rules or remembering them  too late 

16 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I think I read Bradford also tried to make the extra sun as well but we’re refused. Seems that the 4th official was complicit in not knowing the rules or remembering them  too late 

Just imagine this Reg, The 4th official goes on a 1st date with a female, They sit down to lunch and a drink but the lady seems a little irked,  The lady asks him...what do you do for a living, I'm a 4th official at football matches, Oh she says, What does that entale, Well he says...I make sure that when substitutes are made during a game they have the right atire on before entering play, I hold a board number up saying how many minutes are left, And I have to make sure that only the requiered number of substitutes enter the field of play, May I ask you something he asks, Yes of course, You appear to be a little angry, Yes I am she says, You asked me to be here for 7pm it's now 8pm do you have trouble counting.

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Someone with a little more knowledge explain this to me -

Boro sue us as the missed out on the play offs due to us falling fouls of ffp. Following that logic is it feasible we could sure both QPR and Villa? 

OMG!
Why has nobody else thought of this, and why has it taken so long for someone to mention it?

What a cracking post, and something that defo needs to be discussed on here.  Well done on raising the issue.  Let's hope someone at the club is as on the ball as you are.
I'd love to read everyone else's views on this.

My own opinion iszzz... 

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

OMG!
Why has nobody else thought of this, and why has it taken so long for someone to mention it?

What a cracking post, and something that defo needs to be discussed on here.  Well done on raising the issue.  Let's hope someone at the club is as on the ball as you are.
I'd love to read everyone else's views on this.

My own opinion iszzz... 

Need to forward this on to our lawyers pronto ?