Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

2 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

Why does David Tepper keep coming up in these discussions? What actual has been said or rumoured?

Because if you google David Tepper Derby County, surprise, surprise this forum is the first result...

Ed Dawes said on the radio this week that David Tepper was a name mentioned to him. He also said he was in touch with other potential buyers for the club and when he mentioned David Tepper to them it was straight batted back.

That's the only vague snippet of a rumour.

9 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

Why does David Tepper keep coming up in these discussions? What actual has been said or rumoured?

Because if you google David Tepper Derby County, surprise, surprise this forum is the first result...

The forum masterminds know how to manipulate the algorithms.

Couple of months and you'll Google "weather where I am" and get this forum.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Ed Dawes said on the radio this week that David Tepper was a name mentioned to him. He also said he was in touch with other potential buyers for the club and when he mentioned David Tepper to them it was straight batted back.

That's the only vague snippet of a rumour.

If Ed Dawes is the source then I think we can safely say that David stepper has no interest in DCFC at all. 

Edited by LazloW

On 27/10/2021 at 20:16, jono said:

I see your point but it would be technically available more or less 365 .. The owner of PPS would want a return of circa 2.5 and it isn’t coming from anywhere else except DCFC in any predictable stable way .. it would surely be a symbiotic relationship ? 
mind you if it’s is only 1 million then there will be repair / upkeep and maintenance provisos to bring it to the necessary return I would imagine. ?

Expanding this .. “rent” is so very vague .. so yes we get to use PPS when we like for footy matches for a certain figure .. but then does the owner also get rent from franchisees like Greggs ? Or rent from the club shop under a separate deal ? Truth is we have no blooming idea except to say that the owner of the asset would want to see a minimum 3% return on an asset that is maintained and not depreciating in value. 

I remember reading somewhere that buy to let assuming full ownership needed to have 6% return in order to cover maintenance and keep capital intact - depending on property market values of course. The sums and needs aren’t complicated. 

24 minutes ago, jono said:

Expanding this .. “rent” is so very vague .. so yes we get to use PPS when we like for footy matches for a certain figure .. but then does the owner also get rent from franchisees like Greggs ? Or rent from the club shop under a separate deal ? Truth is we have no blooming idea except to say that the owner of the asset would want to see a minimum 3% return on an asset that is maintained and not depreciating in value. 

I remember reading somewhere that buy to let assuming full ownership needed to have 6% return in order to cover maintenance and keep capital intact - depending on property market values of course. The sums and needs aren’t complicated. 

Commercial rental yields are more like 6-7%, minimum. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Commercial rental yields are more like 6-7%, minimum. 

Yes, but does that include repairs and maintenance ? .. net yield or gross yield ? 

My sister owns a mortgage free, small rental property, and yes .. she gets that figure top line .. but considerably more than half of it is spent keeping it up to scratch .. you might rent a flat for 500 a month but when you get a bill for a new boiler or replacing appliances / decorating and maintenance  it vanishes very quickly. She breaks even but not much more. Any gain will only come from the none liquid asset value

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Yes, but does that include repairs and maintenance ? .. net yield or gross yield ? 

My sister owns a mortgage free, small rental property, and yes .. she gets that figure top line .. but considerably more than half of it is spent keeping it up to scratch .. you might rent a flat for 500 a month but when you get a bill for a new boiler or replacing appliances / decorating and maintenance  it vanishes very quickly. She breaks even but not much more. Any gain will only come from the none liquid asset value

That is a gross figure tbf

2 minutes ago, tinman said:

BAWT have spoken to the Carlisle capital group and confirmed they’re still in the running. 
https://www.dcfcbawt.org/post/carlisle-capital-give-update

its good to see a fans group be proactive and contact people rather than wait like Ramstrust. 

Vice President Colin Binnie responded with the following -

“Again given the confidentiality restraints there is not much information I can share. Carlisle Capital remains interested and are aware of Mr. Kirchner's interest in acquiring the club.”