10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I like the diamond idea but for me,

Roos

Byrne           Jags              Curtis      Buchannan

Bird

Knight                           Bielik

Ravel

CKR              Lawrence

We need Shinnie so 442 then subs to suit.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I will be surprised if he plays a full 90 minutes in January personally..

If he's fit by the back end of next month, thats at least 3 games before January. Then January, including the cup match is 5 matches. So he could play 90 mins in one (of course this is providing he is available to play at the end of next month)

On 25/10/2021 at 12:01, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Roos

Bird

Ravel

Bielik more advanced then Bird?

Just now, Yani P said:

Wayne Rooney said: "He has been working really hard. He will hopefully in the next three to four weeks be training with us. The plan is to try and have him involved on match day at some point in January."

SO on the subs bench before end of January.  Sold on deadline day.

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

SO on the subs bench before end of January.  Sold on deadline day.

I don’t think any team would pay more than £500,000 for Beilik till he can prove he has recovered. He won’t get £30k a week anywhere else. And we still owe Arsenal £8 mill for him. Not going in Jan

On 22/11/2021 at 11:32, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Surely the plan for when Bielik is fit again is wrap him in cotton wool, stick him in a fully protective glass orb, have him play a couple of games against Gentle FC, then ship him out for about £5million quid to balance books. 

200.gif

Good idea. 

On 25/10/2021 at 12:01, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Roos

Bird

Ravel

We tend to agree on many things but I’m not sure about this one. Bird is a way better player further forward. He comes to life past the halfway line. I’d swap Bird and Bielik in your set up, But to be Frank I want to see how Thompson grows .. have the last 2 games been adrenaline fuelled sparks or is he the real deal. ? Then, If Bielik can show his fitness over a handful of games, he’ll be gone anyway,(sadly) ….   so we aren’t building a team round him. 

We tend, I think, to have a Maclarenesque seeking desire to see a nominated DM and two other mids doing “stuff” but I see a different set up with our current gang. Shinnie is box to box, gritty, water carrying. Bird has some defensive duties but is good enough to be forward thinking and Thompson is all purpose with a bias to forward play. It’s a good blend and balance. 

hey, who knows, but get a win against QPR and our prospects and strategy suddenly look very different from 10 games ago.

The huge thing in all this is that kids are gradually becoming men. We don’t have a team of 28 / 29 year olds who’s ability has reached a zenith. We have late teens/early 20’s with the potential to change gear / light the afterburners

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t think any team would pay more than £500,000 for Beilik till he can prove he has recovered. He won’t get £30k a week anywhere else. And we still owe Arsenal £8 mill for him. Not going in Jan

Maybe Arsenal will have him back again and cancel most of the debt. . And sell him again when he has proved his fitness.