When Bielik is fit….

Orphanram

As good as the current midfielders have been playing, none have the creative ability of Bielik to make that decisive pass going forward. Joz played far better when Bielik was in the team, resulting in us creating more last season.

A common trait we have, is playing the ball to a player's feet rather than in front of him, allowing him to run onto it. This slows down or even stops a potential attack. This is simple enough in theory, but requiring a pass which is both accurate in direction and pace, in practice.

10 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

No he will just write off  the £125 million debt we owe him. Provided people on here stop moaning about him, in which case he won't.

Then he’ll kill the club he grew up loving and following home and away.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/11/2021 at 21:23, sage said:

I think we will initially see him at CB. You can play there with a lower level of match fitness than at CM

I wouldn't be concerned about fitness - it's easier to sub someone in midfield than at CB after all. However, it's the sharp movements which I'd be worried about, and for that reason I would keep him in midfield. In my experience, you tend to change direction quicker when playing at CB than at DM.

15 minutes ago, Jram said:

I think best case scenario with Bielik now is he’s as good as he was before his second injury and we sell him for some decent cash in the summer which funds a rebuild

if we need to sell players to recruit in the summer then we're in a worse position than I feared. We should be able to recruit the players we need without spending anything on transfer fees.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

if we need to sell players to recruit in the summer then we're in a worse position than I feared. We should be able to recruit the players we need without spending anything on transfer fees.

But with regard to FFP and sensible financial management, it may be prudent to sell one 'star' player on high wages and replace him with 3 good league one players. This would strengthen the squad and make us less susceptible to losing one key player to injury. Had we had sold Beilik last January for a few million and had replaced him with a couple of decent strikers, I think that we would be in a far healthier position at the moment.

Just now, ram59 said:

But with regard to FFP and sensible financial management, it may be prudent to sell one 'star' player on high wages and replace him with 3 good league one players. This would strengthen the squad and make us less susceptible to losing one key player to injury. Had we had sold Beilik last January for a few million and had replaced him with a couple of decent strikers, I think that we would be in a far healthier position at the moment.

We were in an embargo so couldn't sign anyone for a fee

If we sell him ASAP we will never get anywhere near his value. Keep him,build the team around him in league 1 (if he will stay and we can afford it)

Bielik in a team playing well, getting results and looking forward to the future will be worth for more than we could get now.

All ifs, buts and maybes, but we need to be thinking about a year or so time,not a few weeks ahead.

Didn’t it take Beilik a while to get fit when he first came? Cocu played him at the back because he wasn’t fit enough for midfield. Then he was taken out the back four after a series of mistakes.  As we still owe £8 mill on him , would Arsenal take him back and call it quits?

On 27/11/2021 at 19:16, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t think any team would pay more than £500,000 for Beilik till he can prove he has recovered. He won’t get £30k a week anywhere else. And we still owe Arsenal £8 mill for him. Not going in Jan

Yep he is Derby's equivalent of negative equity!

He will be sold on as soon as is practical, to remove the salary burden and also to avoid the burden of future payments, as we don't have the cash, or future cash flow to support keeping him I'm afraid. 

Don't forget the admins had to borrow money to keep the club in operation, and our turnover is likely to be maybe half what it was assuming we are going to be in league 1.