When Bielik is fit….

Orphanram

37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I can't get too excited about Bielik yet. 1) He isnt going to be the same player for somewhile given his injuries. Mentally, he will be very wary of over extending himself. 2) He might be sold in January.

On point 1, I would have said the same had he not come back from his previous big injury like a man possessed. He was playing his best football by far pretty much straight away. There is a possibility that this is one injury too far for him, however. 

On point 2, I would say that's highly unlikely. It would be far too much of a gamble for any team to pay money for him straight after his second huge injury.

However, I'm with you on not getting too excited. Mainly because I'm worried he'll break down again.

I like the diamond idea but for me,

Roos

Byrne           Jags              Curtis      Buchannan

Bird

Knight                           Bielik

Ravel

CKR              Lawrence

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I like the diamond idea but for me,

Roos

Byrne           Jags              Curtis      Buchannan

Bird

Knight                           Bielik

Ravel

CKR              Lawrence

On paper that team  looks as competitive as any from 4th -10th in the league.  

We are getting results currently so change nothing apart from getting a centre forward who can score goals 

Belick is a very good player when fit but he should not be taking the place of Shinnie or Bird unless they have a severe drop in form as both of them have been very good with Bird doing very well - if they get injured or suspended then no problem 

To be honest with his injury record we should be selling Belick as soon as possible and I mean in January and I suspect we would sell joziwak if we could as well. Keeping the likes of Buchanan, knight, sibley, Bird is our future and our hope is that even if we had to go into division 3 they would stick with us. 

Hopefully he comes back on form as he’s one of the best in the division.

if he does then the best blend will probably be Beilik, Bird and Knight,

However that leaves out our joint most productive midfielder at present in Shinnie, which is unlucky for him as knight edges it, but that’s probably the way things will go.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

However that leaves out our joint most productive midfielder at present in Shinnie, which is unlucky for him as knight edges it, but that’s probably the way things will go.

It’s staggering really that plenty of folks would see our current player of the year replaced despite all our opposition constantly saying how effective he is - only in football I suppose 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s staggering really that plenty of folks would see our current player of the year replaced despite all our opposition constantly saying how effective he is - only in football I suppose 

Yep he’s always first on peoples drop list, but they don’t seem to realise you need players like Shinnie in this division. 

Like I say he’s the most productive attacking player alongside Knight and that’s before you consider his obvious defensive contributions.

For me he’s one of the first names on the team sheet, I just think we’ll get to a Knight or Shinnie position with Beiliks return and the manager will go with Knight.

35 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Bielik, Bird (or Ravel) and Knight reminds me of Thorne, Hughes and Bryson.

Nowhere near as good but still very tasty.

Max Bird should play with Bielik and further forward as other people have said. Let’s not forget though that we have some ageing players at centre half with little cover. Thankfully we have had no long term injuries to Davies, Jagielka and Stearman but it’s surely only a matter of time so Bielik may also be needed there

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Why drop anyone? Why can't we rotate and use the right players for the right game? 

I think this is the right answer.

Shinnie will be suspended twice this season - we all know that
And we often play 3 times in 8 days, which is going to knacker our midfield if it's always the same three people

Plus Bielik can replicate any one of Shinnie, Bird or Ravel's roles - probably better than they can do it themselves
So rotate, based on who's knackered and who's suspended - and don't rusk Bielik back!

10 minutes ago, Quagga said:

Plus Bielik can replicate any one of Shinnie, Bird or Ravel's roles - probably better than they can do it themselves
So rotate, based on who's knackered and who's suspended - and don't rusk Bielik back!

I think this is a Farleys sensible idea.

Edited by Pearl Ram

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bielik in for Shinnie which allows Bird to play further forward, in a similar role to the one Hughes used to have for us.

A fully fit team being something like this:

Roos
Byrne   Jagielka   Davies   Buchanan
Bielik
Bird              
                  Ravel      
Knight                      Lawrence
Kazim

Ooooooh, 2,3,4,1. Nice attacking lineup, but I'm not sure about Kazim in goal!