When Bielik is fit….

Orphanram

14 hours ago, Yani P said:

Wayne Rooney said: "He has been working really hard. He will hopefully in the next three to four weeks be training with us. The plan is to try and have him involved on match day at some point in January."

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting the feeling that his return is getting pushed back?

I seem to remember Rooney saying that he should be training with the squad after the international break. Also, in comparison to his previous injury, he seems to be behind schedule, after we were told that he was initially doing better than before.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting the feeling that his return is getting pushed back?

I seem to remember Rooney saying that he should be training with the squad after the international break. Also, in comparison to his previous injury, he seems to be behind schedule, after we were told that he was initially doing better than before.

I presume you mean to keep him out of the spotlight until after the transfer window shuts?

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Don't want him injured again before transfer window opens.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Not sure mate, to be honest. An October return was mooted initially, then post-international break, as you've pointed out. Personally I think both estimates might have been a tad optimistic. I also think that before now, we've been slightly too keen to get players in again after serious injuries. Typically because such injuries only seems to happen to the most influential members of the squad - not annoying at all! 

Fingers crossed Krystian is making steady progress. I think if there is any doubt that he needs more time, even if only to build confidence that the surgery has worked, then we really ought allow it. We also need to consider that even when back, he's going to be mighty rusty. Two seasons out to all effects and that will have taken a toll. I hope we are patient with him and I think we will be.

As an eternal dreamer and arch happy-clapper, I occasionally envision him putting in barnstorming performances in the last half dozen games culminating in colossal MOM performance as we thrash Cardiff 4-0 in our final game, surviving relegation by a single point and in doing so causing ickle Stevie Gibsonface, Rick Parry and the rick who owns Wycombe to all spontaneously combust at once. It's a nice dream ?

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If he is fit to play and start by the end of January and he hasn’t been sold who exactly will he replace in the team assuming we have no injuries in those positions?

It's a good question. The lads in MF have been playing well recently but I guess the like for like (or closest to it) would be Shinnie. Really impressed with the young'un and Knight has been very good since Wazza snapped him in two.

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If he is fit to play and start by the end of January and he hasn’t been sold who exactly will he replace in the team assuming we have no injuries in those positions?

Him and Thommo will be like new signings. We might see some CM leave... Knight? Morrison? We are overcrowded there and barely have any wingers so the balance is all wrong for current tactics.

How long is Morrison's contract anyway? Maybe he is one game away from earning an extension as he haven't played a minute since being dropped...

7 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Him and Thommo will be like new signings. We might see some CM leave... Knight? Morrison? We are overcrowded there and barely have any wingers so the balance is all wrong for current tactics.

How long is Morrison's contract anyway? Maybe he is one game away from earning an extension as he haven't played a minute since being dropped...

Apart from the 10 minutes he played in our last game at Fulham ?

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Nice problem to have but a fully fit Bielik is the first name on the team sheet for me….

Just hope we get to see him fully fit..you read his bio he was injured a fair bit for Arsenal before going out on loans..now 2 nasty ones for us..just hope he gets back for us as deserves a way better career than he has currently had..

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

It's a good question. The lads in MF have been playing well recently but I guess the like for like (or closest to it) would be Shinnie. Really impressed with the young'un and Knight has been very good since Wazza snapped him in two.

I wouldn’t be dropping Shinnie as he gives us so much of what we need in midfield- the last time he was missing was Barnsley away was it ? Missed dreadfully 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I wouldn’t be dropping Shinnie as he gives us so much of what we need in midfield- the last time he was missing was Barnsley away was it ? Missed dreadfully 

I agree but then we have two CDMs. With the other two lads in good form too it's not an easy call. Thompson looks to be an excellent young player, Knight is improved and presenting a threat too. As others have said, nice problem to have ?‍♀️

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Thompson looks like Bielik’s replacement to me. Midfield looking good atm. I would like to see Sibley kicking on he definitely has potential to give us more of a goal threat which is what we lack. 

Bielik will be sub coming of for last 20mins maybe to shore things up if we’re winning and this would be sensible 

also the youngsters have been brilliant Thompson Knight Bird Festy but if there form dips who j it can at there stage of career then we have Beilik who could step in 

also the odd 20mins will mean interested parties can then see how good he is and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go with some nice money coming our way