When Bielik is fit….

Orphanram

46 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

He will be sold on as soon as is practical, to remove the salary burden and also to avoid the burden of future payments, as we don't have the cash, or future cash flow to support keeping him I'm afraid. 

Don't forget the admins had to borrow money to keep the club in operation, and our turnover is likely to be maybe half what it was assuming we are going to be in league 1. 

No necessarily. That decision would be up to the new owners 

Really hope that Beilik starts for us soon, stays with us and only gets stronger with each game. I hope for his sake as well as ours that this isn't going to be an injury that recurs. He's a talented player and very likeable. I'd be sad if he has to move on for financial reasons but I'm guessing other clubs might be wary of signing a player who has had such a serious injury. I hope 2022 is his best year so far no matter who he is playing for (though hopefully it will still be us!) ?

Realistic optimism, anybody?

Edited by Miggins
afterthought

6 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

If you have a diamond and it might  be worth more in future if you polish it then it’s worth keeping it longer before selling 

I agree with you, @Chellaston Ram, but injury prone humans are less tough than diamonds and the operative word in your post is 'might'. Let's hope he has a future with us and it's a long and fruitful one!

14 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Point taken, but it doesn't affect my argument, we would have been better off with more players rather than relying on the fitness of one player.

Restricted by squad size too. We were basically allowed to sign Jagielka because Bielik was injured (Kazim's and Bielik's injuries allowed us to sign Baldock and Jagielka), so we would have been no better off on the field if we had sold him.

Bielik is a player that I imagine a couple of sides would take a chance on for £500k, perhaps even £1m. However, due to his injury history, he isn't going to be highly sought after considering the current climate and the situation we find ourselves in. 

I can't see him being sold this January, so would imagine we see him in some capacity in the second half of the season - most likely putting himself in the shop window. 

Trouble is there is no way HMRC will agree to a reduced settlement just so the new owner can keep the valuable assets. Creditors will come first I'm afraid, so assets will have to be sold to fund a settlement with the creditors. the new owner will then have what's left. Its what administration is all about. We will be left with the bare bones I suspect. ?

• 2 weeks later...